Conversation Travel Holidays and Meetups
Helper icon  Helpers: Chris2mates PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Scottish

Highlands

Blue-Poppy
Blue-Poppy Female
4 months ago
Anyone living up there in the vast blue yonder able to tell me just what the weather is like please? Going at the weekend to Strathpeffer and luggage being a bit limited I need some help what clothes/footwear to take. Is there snow and if so how deep; how cold is it. I know it will be colder than here but I've several times underestimated the Scottish weather and ended up with everything wrong. Went one time in lovely sunshine and the following day we were snowed into the hotel until the ploughs could reach us, in fact that has happened twice.
capnblackbeard
capnblackbeard Male
4 months ago
5 ft of snow this weekend :)
vanman
vanman Male
4 months ago
Look on BBC Weather channel for the area you're going
vanman
vanman Male
4 months ago
You need to take a Mac! lol

Just looked,
Sat 5 deg Rain
Sun 5-6 deg. Sunny
Mon 8-9 deg. Showers
Then rain all week, some sunny periods.
eurostar
eurostar Female
4 months ago
Wear your big hooded coat and good walking shoes, then layers lol thermal vests? Hat scarf and gloves a must
HotOrWot
HotOrWot Male
4 months ago
I was about to mention snow, freezing temperatures and wearing thermals but I've been beaten to it LOLOL
usuallyLaura
usuallyLaura Female
4 months ago
It's a shame Elrod hasn't seen this thread, maybe you could message him ? He's usually on the Sunday morning Huggy thread, but didn't appear on the last one. He always says what the weather is like. Not sure I've got his name right ? it doesn't look right to me :(
Minnie-the-Minx
Minnie-the-Minx Female
4 months ago
Almost. It is Elrond.
usuallyLaura
usuallyLaura Female
4 months ago
Thank you ! Elrond it is then. But Blue Poppy probably knows the weather forecast now ? if not...It's cold and snowy with a couple of schools shut up in the highlands, snow even as low down as Glasgow.
capnblackbeard
capnblackbeard Male
4 months ago
hes snowed in and the powerlines been out for 5 days.
Blue-Poppy
Blue-Poppy Female
4 months ago
Thanks to Minnie, Laura and Euro for the 'sensible replies'; to Vanman for the info and the others for the laughs. Reason I asked is all the flippin' forecasts seem to be different, some say rain, others snow so it's always good to hear from someone in the actual area. I did wonder if Elrond was still contributing to the site as not seen him for a while. Anyway I've pulled out a slightly bigger case and will take loads of warm stuff. (Probably have a heat wave now.)
capnblackbeard
capnblackbeard Male
4 months ago
the airports are shut so you maybe need a helicopter air lift,
enjoy your break :)
Blue-Poppy
Blue-Poppy Female
4 months ago
'It's being cheerful what keeps you going' Capnblackbeard !! ;-)

Help with conversations