Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Looks like

I will be spending Xmas and New year alone yet again

1 2 Next   Last  

aayan1

aayan1  Male  Hampshire
29-Nov-2021 02:44 Message #4848960
Sod it - I got my parrot and Jack Russell for company

Any one else in the same life boat as me ?
Hierophant

Hierophant  Male  East Anglia
29-Nov-2021 07:21 Message #4848976
If you move over a bit you could make room for a few migrants from France, they'll keep you company in your lifeboat...
HotOrWot

HotOrWot  Male  Lancashire
29-Nov-2021 07:27 Message #4848978
Sod it - I got my parrot and Jack Russell for company

Any one else in the same life boat as me ?

If your parrot can be taught to bark like your Jack Russell then at least it won't be a quiet Christmas. On a serious note I think for anyone who is alone at any time a pet (or two) can definitely help especially a pet which can join you on the sofa while you watch tv or listen to music.

You can find that friends and even someone you are dating plan to spend Christmas with their own families. I have spend Christmas on my own but not planning to do so this year.
Molly

Molly  Female  South Yorkshire
29-Nov-2021 07:53 Message #4848982
I would miss my family if I couldn't see them at Christmas. I wouldn't want to be on my own.
Pylon2021

Pylon2021  Male  North Yorkshire
29-Nov-2021 08:16 Message #4848985
I am cooking Christmas dinner for me & my Mum at her house. So I will have some company during the day, but when she starts getting on my wires I am going back home for some sanity.
Minnie-the-Minx

Minnie-the-Minx  Female  Hertfordshire
29-Nov-2021 09:20 Message #4848987
I've had so many Chrstmasses alone now that another isn't going to make any difference. I actually see it as a positive. I can get up when I want, do what I want and eat what I want. No-one yelling at me or picking an argument or being selfish. Just peace and quiet, a nice walk, good food, the cat for company.
wonderoushen

wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd
29-Nov-2021 09:37 Message #4848997
I used to enjoy xmas's alone, jut me the cat and a pile of books.
Colonel_Blink

Colonel_Blink  Male  Buckinghamshire
29-Nov-2021 10:13 Message #4849002
It looks like a pet, book and maybe a bit of music is the best company.
ToBeAdvised

ToBeAdvised  Male  Essex
29-Nov-2021 10:45 Message #4849005
I soloed was last year, as I decided to follow and not break the 2 household lockdown restrictions and not attend family Christmas & Boxing day gatherings as I was also responsible for caring for an elderly relative and to break that rule might have meant potentially compromising their safety.
This year I am planning to go, unless the Omicron factor kicks off in the next few weeks and changes the situation.
capnblackbeard

capnblackbeard  Male  Hertfordshire
29-Nov-2021 11:16 Message #4849013
ive spend many a christmas alone, on foriegn shores or the high seas,

but this year im in port to spoil the ankle biters and loved ones,

i shall resist , defy, and i will not comply with any government sheet either,
Drusilla

Drusilla  Female  Bedfordshire
29-Nov-2021 16:24 Message #4849096
It's yet another solo one for me this year. Got no family left in this country and the couple of friends I do have will be busy with theirs. Like Minnie, it doesn't bother me at all and I'm used to it. What I really don't miss is having to go to the inlaws' gaff for the day. It was always excruciating having to pretend you're having a great time, when a drunken brother-in-law always picked an argument with someone, and his mum and dad thought farting after dinner was compulsory!
Andromeda

Andromeda  Female  Berkshire
29-Nov-2021 18:22 Message #4849108
It's nice to see family and loved ones but Christmas is just another day and it's what you do with family the rest of the year which is more important.
Samx

Samx  Male  Suffolk
29-Nov-2021 18:32 Message #4849113
I’m lucky to be with my family in Canada and look forward to a good time to be had by all.
FirmButFair-TrollPatrol

FirmButFair-TrollPatrol  Male  North Yorkshire
29-Nov-2021 18:55 Message #4849126
With all the travel problems which could occur I wish you all the best Sam and hope you make it to Canada for a memrable holiday.

GeordieGirl

GeordieGirl  Female  Tyne and Wear
29-Nov-2021 20:10 Message #4849134
I would love to spend Christmas Day on my own!

For the past few years I have dropped hints to my son, hoping he will spend Christmas Day with his girlfriend, but to no avail. I don't know if he feels obliged to spend time with me, not wanting me to be on my own at Christmas, but I have tried to express to him that I would be more than happy to have the day to myself.
Strand

Strand  Male  Dorset
29-Nov-2021 20:15 Message #4849135
Be straight and sincerewith him then, GeorgieGirl; explain and express exactly what you have written here.
Strand

Strand  Male  Dorset
29-Nov-2021 20:15 Message #4849136
Be straight and sincere with him then, GeorgieGirl; explain and express exactly what you have written here.
eurostar

eurostar  Female  Merseyside
29-Nov-2021 20:15 Message #4849137
I.m with andromeda, its the whole year that counts not just the one day.i.ve spent Xmas day on my own a few times and tbh it was heaven
capnblackbeard

capnblackbeard  Male  Hertfordshire
29-Nov-2021 20:18 Message #4849138
boys want to be with theyre mum at 10 yr old,lol
ToBeAdvised

ToBeAdvised  Male  Essex
29-Nov-2021 22:08 Message #4849159
GeordieGirl 29-Nov-2021 20:10
I would love to spend Christmas Day on my own!

These days there's the perfect get out.
Just say you've lost your sense of smell and taste so had better self isolate for a few days just in case.
Not to be morbid, but it might just be that the people just want to have as many Christmases with that person in case it's the last one.
Many would give anything to have just one more Christmas with their Mum, but know that it will never be possible.
Blackjack

Blackjack  Male  South Yorkshire
30-Nov-2021 01:24 Message #4849163
Spending Christmas with friend or family is my idea of the ultimate nightmare drag, its a living nightmare and now refuse all offers of meals drinks or even and popping round. Its bad enough normally -

As for obligations sacrifices, and sitting around being bored with mindless inebriated people who should be under medication - You would have to nail me to the floor to suffer such inconvenience.

I love Christmas day as all the bastards are leaving me alone, living third own boring lives in their own boring homes – if only lockdown would prolong their imprisonment.

Be better off living on a farm feeding the animals, and clearing up their shit as at least it had an f**ing purpose, - freedom is not Christmas at all, freedom is doing what you like as you like when you like with who you like - if one wants company.

Seems like a lot of males on this site still need their mothers, security index thought the floor the poor mites - suggesting they will never grow up - emotionally retarded possibly seek a substitute mother in their infantile relationships - hence they are cast out to wander thought the social wilderness forever feeling all alone and thank god - no one will want them - BOOOO!!!! HOOOO!!! HOOOO!!!!!

What a load of basket cases.

They can all chat about how many PRICKS they have had this year thanks to the EXPERIMENTAL THERAPY rebranded as a VACCINE - incubating the plague and spreading it everywhere they go - the superior Prick brigade.
HotOrWot

HotOrWot  Male  Lancashire
30-Nov-2021 07:00 Message #4849164
Blackjack.
Spending Christmas with friend or family is my idea of the ultimate nightmare drag, its a living nightmare and now refuse all offers of meals drinks or even and popping round. Its bad enough normally
Haha I'm sure that is what they have said to you. Who needs your venom at Christmas.

bored with mindless inebriated

bastards are leaving me alone

clearing up their shit as at least it had an f.. ing purpose

Seems like a lot of males on this site still need their mothers, security index thought the floor the poor mites

emotionally retarded

infantile relationships

So much for the usual mindless drivel. But what about fellow midsummerseve members? What about those who are here to enjoy some hat and banter and friendship? Well they don't go unscathed from the vile troll.

What a load of basket cases.

I'm sure you wouldn't invite this sex obsessed, Mind indoctrinating monster for a cuppa, let alone Christmas.

eurostar

30-Nov-2021 07:49 Message #4849185
Ooh just remembered advent calender goes up tomorrow for the kid 1st December lol
Andromeda

Andromeda  Female  Berkshire
30-Nov-2021 08:06 Message #4849190
I looked but can't find an advent calendar for Bertie.
eurostar

30-Nov-2021 08:16 Message #4849192
Andromeda I bought the advent penguin Teddy from aldi a few years ago I just need to get it out of loft and put a gold coin in each pocket lol makes life easier and I feel organised lol

1 2 Next   Last  

Help with conversations