Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

have you got a plan b?

1 2 Next   Last  

capnblackbeard

capnblackbeard  Male  Hertfordshire
28-Nov-2021 10:43 Message #4848797
has anyone got a plan b for christmas this year ?
just in case like, :)
Andromeda

Andromeda  Female  Berkshire
28-Nov-2021 11:25 Message #4848802
I haven't got an organised plan B but like many I have a few different ideas depending on what we can and cannot do. It doesn't bother me much whatever as I do believe Christmas is just another day and those I don't see then I will see later or for New Year instead.
Life can be very much what you make it and if me an my loved ones are alive then I'm sure we will have a good time somehow. I enjoyed being on zoom and doing online quizzing with family last year but would rather see them all in the flesh.
MrQuiet_aka_MrD

MrQuiet_aka_MrD  Male  Northamptonshire
28-Nov-2021 11:50 Message #4848806
If we don't get locked down at Christmas and relatives are allowed to mingle then my plan b is to pretend I'm too ill to see them lol.
eurostar

eurostar  Female  Merseyside
28-Nov-2021 11:56 Message #4848808
Yep egg and chips 8n my pjs lol
Minnie-the-Minx

Minnie-the-Minx  Female  Hertfordshire
28-Nov-2021 12:11 Message #4848810
Plan B is much the same as Plan A and Plans C to Z. :)

When I was still working, for many years, Christmas has always been a time of rest and recuperation for me, so that is unlikely to change.

I've travelled somewhere warm a few times for the Christmas holidays, but I have more or less given up hope of that being possible again, whatever the time of the year. As is my style, my little project for this season is to be researching living the best life and what other little adventures may be an option in the future. Life is always full of exciting possibilities. Who knows, this time next year, I may even be writing this from a cottage by the sea.
brisinger

brisinger  Male  Lancashire
28-Nov-2021 13:54 Message #4848825
Eh, don't push it. I ain't got a plan A yet 🎅
wonderoushen

wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd
28-Nov-2021 18:16 Message #4848856
Always have a plan B, CDE ad F too.
Luxuriating_Larry

Luxuriating_Larry  Male  Oxfordshire
28-Nov-2021 18:38 Message #4848872
If I get stuck I'll phone you wonderoushen 😜
HotOrWot

HotOrWot  Male  Lancashire
29-Nov-2021 07:10 Message #4848967
I always start with plan c, then I can countermove either way depending on the circumstances.
NoSaint

NoSaint  Female  Devon
29-Nov-2021 11:55 Message #4849024
Now that sounds like a plan haha.
Luxuriating_Larry

Luxuriating_Larry  Male  Oxfordshire
30-Nov-2021 13:38 Message #4849251
Yep egg and chips in my pjs lol

Now that sounds like a real plan.
MrQuiet_aka_MrD

MrQuiet_aka_MrD  Male  Northamptonshire
3-Dec-2021 13:33 Message #4849804
I heard a rumour that brisinger has the b plan lol.
HotOrWot

4-Dec-2021 07:48 Message #4849877
LOLOL
Maglorian

Maglorian  Male  North Yorkshire
4-Dec-2021 11:18 Message #4849891
"Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans." Lennon 1980

x

Greencare

Greencare  Female  Berkshire
4-Dec-2021 11:24 Message #4849892
That is true. You do make plans but it's easy to forget that the world around you never stops.
Andromeda

Andromeda  Female  Berkshire
5-Dec-2021 07:40 Message #4850016
I heard a rumour that brisinger has the b plan lol.

That made me laugh.
capnblackbeard

5-Dec-2021 14:55 Message #4850143
my plan a has been messed up so im onto plan b now
Hierophant

Hierophant  Male  East Anglia
5-Dec-2021 15:03 Message #4850148
"has anyone got a plan b for christmas this year ?
just in case like, :)"

Jump in front of a train, probably....
NoSaint

NoSaint  Female  Devon
5-Dec-2021 15:06 Message #4850149
I always keep a few options open but it's wise to do so most years because a lot changes around Christmas with the possibilty bad weather preventing travel and illnesses. I don't particularly mind Christmas on my own and small gatherings are more to my liking but we will have to wait and see.
HotOrWot

7-Dec-2021 07:17 Message #4850457
I haven't met anyone who is concerned about Christmas this year and they're all looking forward to having a good time.

Will there be a spoiler?
Hierophant

Hierophant  Male  East Anglia
7-Dec-2021 07:46 Message #4850472
I haven't met anyone who is concerned about Christmas this year and they're all looking forward to having a good time.

I suppose that depends on how many people you've met - my family and friends are concerned given the fact our great leader isn't going to let us know if he is allowing Christmas at all until the 18th December.
So that's just one week before the big day.
Christmas holidays and travel plans ruined, hotels/pubs/restaurants losing bookings and families separated once again - cheers Johnson you big fat tub of lard!....
HotOrWot

7-Dec-2021 08:17 Message #4850477
Of course it does depend on many factors including how many people you meet and talk about Christmas with. Nobody know what the virus will do whether you follow the science or Facebook because nobody can see into the future so no matter how annoying it is a lot of regulations do have to be made at the last minute. The alternative would be blanket bans weeks in advance which may be unnecessary.
I travel and all bookings I have made I have only done with the proviso that I don't lose deposits.

Thanks Covid!
capnblackbeard

8-Dec-2021 09:44 Message #4850758
its an insult to tubs of lard,lol
Minnie-the-Minx

Minnie-the-Minx  Female  Hertfordshire
8-Dec-2021 10:07 Message #4850775
Boris will likely do what he did last year. Let everyone out and about during the first half of December so that they can spend their money and plenty of VAT goes towards filling their coffers. Meanwhile, everyone is spreading their germs. Then lock us all down again for the actual event because the number of cases have shot up. Thereby shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted, once again. Except, I'm not sure that many people will spend another Christmas isolated away from all their family and friends and I reckon a lot of them will ignore another lock down completely. It doesn't make any difference to me. I don't have any family.
wonderoushen

wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd
8-Dec-2021 11:10 Message #4850815
I've wondered the same Minnie, I don't think people will tolerate another locked down Xmas, I think the goverment know this and lockdown will start in the first week of January after filling the treasury coffers over xmas and New Year. Everybodies skint after xmas anyway and January sales can be done online.

1 2 Next   Last  

Help with conversations