Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

fear

1 2 Next   Last  

capnblackbeard

capnblackbeard  Male  Hertfordshire
26-Nov-2021 10:37 Message #4848380
the only thing a government needs to turn people into slaves is fear, if you can findsomething to make them afraid ,you can make them do whatever you want
herman goring at the nuremburg trials

what say you?
MrQuiet_aka_MrD

MrQuiet_aka_MrD  Male  Northamptonshire
26-Nov-2021 10:40 Message #4848381
Now we have social media providing the fear so governments will never have to bother again

Hail Facebook!
Hierophant

Hierophant  Male  East Anglia
26-Nov-2021 10:44 Message #4848386
How do you know?
You never use facebook....
capnblackbeard

26-Nov-2021 10:45 Message #4848388
lovely mr quite, next please
MrQuiet_aka_MrD

26-Nov-2021 10:47 Message #4848390
You are correct that I don't use Facebook. I never interact anywhere on the public Facebook but I do have a look at it from time to time as I have at least a dozen family members who are on it. With the millions of Facebook members it would be almost impossible to never see it.
Hierophant

26-Nov-2021 10:53 Message #4848393
So you don't use facebook but you go on facebook to "look" at family members?
You're a bit dopey aren't you?....
Strand

Strand  Male  Dorset
26-Nov-2021 10:57 Message #4848395
He who shows fear gives courage to his adversary. Proverb

OR

Fear makes the wolf bigger than he is. Proverb

All you're doing by quoting that lame Herman Goring quote is giving fear a leg to stand on.
Strand

Strand  Male  Dorset
26-Nov-2021 11:07 Message #4848399
"With the millions of Facebook members it would be almost impossible to never see it."

That's funny because Facebook tells me I need to register for it before it'll show me as much as a full stop on its site.
wonderoushen

wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd
26-Nov-2021 11:10 Message #4848400
People need to learn to do reality checking, start asking questions like, how likely is this to happen? Is there anything I can do about it? Is the risk enough to make me stop doing the things I both need to do and enjoy doing? Many people get in a flap about things that will probably never effect them, then go out in thier cars, and chat on social medianever thinking that thier far more likely to die or have life changing injuries within a couple of miles of home than they are from anything else.
capnblackbeard

26-Nov-2021 11:14 Message #4848403
excellent post hen a good bit of rationale,
im more worried about getting hit by a 10ton truck than i am of dying from covid,lol
Hierophant

26-Nov-2021 11:54 Message #4848419
I wonder if fear is addictive?
Maybe our lives are now so sterile and boring that we needed some fear to spice them up. Now we don't want that fear to subside and for us to go cold turkey.....
MrQuiet_aka_MrD

26-Nov-2021 11:58 Message #4848421
So you don't use facebook but you go on facebook to "look" at family members?
You're a bit dopey aren't you?...

No I'm not dopey and don't appreciate your "little man" outburst of rudeness. My explanation of not "using" Facebook is quite clear and obvious even though I look at the profiles of family members. After all you don't "use" a book do you.
MrQuiet_aka_MrD

26-Nov-2021 12:01 Message #4848422
"With the millions of Facebook members it would be almost impossible to never see it."

That's funny because Facebook tells me I need to register for it before it'll show me as much as a full stop on its site

Quite correct and that is why I don't put as much as a full stop on the site.
Hierophant

26-Nov-2021 12:04 Message #4848423
But you have to log on to view your family don't you?....

MrQuiet_aka_MrD

26-Nov-2021 12:07 Message #4848425
I don't have to. No. I live with a family member who is on Facebook and if I view anything it is through her account which is permanently logged onto the home pc. I'm not sure why I need to explain because if I had signed up to Facebook and logged onto an account to view it then I'm sure I would have remembered doing so.
Blackjack

Blackjack  Male  South Yorkshire
26-Nov-2021 14:02 Message #4848446
Fear is very addictive and catching - so its viral, Its an agitation - its exciting but also uncontrollable as it feeds on IGNORANCE and people have to be kept ignorant, so they are always told what they need to know, just in case their tiny brains overload and they collapse and die putting more stress on the NHS.

So feeding selective information, dividing people so they see each other as a threat, street violence, robbery, acid being thrown and so on so every aspect of life has a hidden danger. Now that GOD has been replaced by NATURE and GLOBAL WARMING be the wrath of NATURE. To the mix if one slips in a mass media blitz of a virus, we have the mites rushing about all over the place, like headless chickens, panic buying as the end of the world is just about to happen, yet again.

Then there is the fear of being bombed in 45 minutes which Blair sincerely believed was necessary for people to know, and the expanding China, not the expanding waist belts, then there is inflation, how many people will die of hyperthermia this year - I mean covid of course as hyperthermia like cardiovascular and pulmonary problems, as well as flue disappears last year - the first time in human history as the Covid nightmare apparently swallowed it all and became a global threat that people fell for, hook like an sunk.

So to keep the ignoramuses in check one invents threats, China and Russia neither export an ideology. We now export our ideology - that is what we do, so what do they actually threaten us with. China is flooding us with stuff than ends up in landfill, cheaper goods we no longer make or can make. Buy a Chinese Hoover for a few quid or a Dyson for hundreds.

Russia has the oil and gas, which we want but want to bankrupt them so we can get it for free, like in Iraq and Syria. So what real threat are these countries Why should we fear them - as it is the new global Britain that is suddenly reinventing its Empire, like the USA. We are successful at manufacture threats to extort money from the ignorant and justify spending it on the elites to expand their insatiable greed. The e greedy elites have to get the moronic public on their side, to justify wars, interventions and such.

Are you scared of a Chinaman? A Russian or the skinheads coming towards you drinking on the streets. Are women scared to go out with friend for a drink and get spiked by a male, so she can be repeatedly raped. Are you scared of domestic abuse or violence, mainly by the psychologically deranged male? Are you scared of the countrywide male exploitation and rape of underage girls?

No its the bleeding Russian again and Putin again on TV, the ugly evil monster, or worse the Commie bastard running China, and those poor Chinese Muslims, who are so special unlike those Muslims in the Middle East who we have slaughtered in the millions over the years. China Muslins are special Arab Muslims have no value and need culling.

If any of the above has a ever bothered you then you are an easy person to frighten using fear as a tool, its that simple – You are easily turned into A VICTIM – the fear virus seems real but its imaginary constructed to make you believe in monsters that are not really there.

Knowledge and education is the enemy of fear - which proves for us all including me how dam ignorant we are and there is a lot to learn and as the WHO once said DON’T NOT GET FOOLED AGAIN!!
tsunamiwarrior

tsunamiwarrior  Male  Hertfordshire
26-Nov-2021 14:22 Message #4848450
People need to learn to do reality checking, start asking questions like, how likely is this to happen? Is there anything I can do about it? Is the risk enough to make me stop doing the things I both need to do and enjoy doing? Many people get in a flap about things that will probably never effect them, then go out in thier cars, and chat on social medianever thinking that thier far more likely to die or have life changing injuries within a couple of miles of home than they are from anything else.

A thoughtful post wonderoushen. I think a lot of people e joy being in a flap.
Drusilla

Drusilla  Female  Bedfordshire
26-Nov-2021 14:31 Message #4848454
Fear is just a fact of life and inescapable. We are all scared of something. You either face the fear or hide yourself away from the world and live in safe but lonely and miserable isolation. Remember - 'Feel the fear - and do it anyway!'
SQL

SQL  Male  Devon
26-Nov-2021 16:59 Message #4848479
"im more worried about getting hit by a 10ton truck than i am of dying from covid,lol"

However if you get hit by a truck then it's just you that suffers, if you catch Covid-9 then probably several others will suffer needlessly.

SQL
capnblackbeard

26-Nov-2021 17:01 Message #4848480
you know nothing, i could get hit by the truck and bounce into 10 other people killing them too,
shit happens, get over yourself
FirmButFair-TrollPatrol

FirmButFair-TrollPatrol  Male  North Yorkshire
26-Nov-2021 18:33 Message #4848517
"im more worried about getting hit by a 10ton truck than i am of dying from covid,lol"

I would also be more worried about being hit by a 10 tonne truck which would be very likely to end my life as opposed to catching Covid which as I am fully vaccinated would probably make ill at worst.
capnblackbeard

26-Nov-2021 18:37 Message #4848520
theres no vaccine against sudden impact,lol
wonderoushen

wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd
26-Nov-2021 18:42 Message #4848524
I agree with Drusila and Tsunamiwarrior, some people do enjoy getting into a flap and we should acknowlege our fears, some will be rational and some not, I'm told a spider is more afraid of me than I am of it, but how do I know, how does anyone know? I'm not going to pick one and ask it, but I will ask questions of other fears, trouble is some of the answers get horribly circular.
capnblackbeard

26-Nov-2021 18:44 Message #4848525
I'm not going to pick one and ask it,

next one i pick up i will ask it for you hen,lol
Blackjack

Blackjack  Male  South Yorkshire
26-Nov-2021 20:52 Message #4848559
What on earth is frightening in today’s world, we live in the land of plenty, never had it so dam good, its like having won the lottery, there is NOTHING to be genuinely frightened about.

Life is a continuous holiday where luxury is the new normal. Plenty of food, plenty of entertainments, plenty of interests, and plenty of people to play with when one wants a bit of social or personal interaction. Who needs to be a terrorist and die to get the waiting virgins when today the non virgins are so dam hungry for some genuine, and sincere affection. .

What is really the most fantastic thing to have happened in the last couple of year is fantastic, almost everyone who dies are dead due to covid. No longer the fear of catching flu, no longer obesity causing premature deaths, pulmonary problems have disappeared, cardiac problem no longer jam up the need for surgery, and so many more of what were once serious medial problem have disappeared globally - so people do not need to ask question to doctors, as they will all die from Covid, its the new improved, diagnostic creation.

My car will not start - maybe its got covid. The cabbage crop was crap as were the carrots – its covid again lurking around Pets carry covid too helping the spread, as well as the pharmaceutical companies who have found the elixir of constantly increasing profits though incubating the virus witching the people who they inoculate. They are helping to breed new strains as even a virus has a survival instinct when not in dead or sleep mode.

So what is there to be afraid of anymore - life is even more simple to understand than ever before, someone coughs - its Covid, and thy are to be avoided, so send them a card to get well this Christmas

Best of all this winter, as I stated well over a year ago they will find another killer covid as they will next year too its a money making exercise and the ignorant all jump when told to, increasing corporate profits of course.
Covid is the best money extraction profit process ever invented by corporations - and they psychologically cull the insecure using FEAR keeps them attentive and compliant while the rest of us continue our wonderful holiday. I am not sure my life could be better, or richer socially or privately – so go an play with your insecurities your fears its only psychological masturbation anyway and the addicted just love it.

1 2 Next   Last  

Help with conversations