Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

You think this crazy world

can't get any crazier.....

Hierophant

Hierophant  Male  East Anglia
26-Nov-2021 07:57 Message #4848347
This is how supposed "newspapers" report stories and this is the world we inhabit.
It's from the Teesside Gazette.....any Northerners have my sympathy, I thought it was just woke Islington types who lapped this nonsense up............ lolol

Teesside woman accused of exposing penis, using sex toy and masturbating in public

A woman accused of indecent exposure, masturbating in public and using a sex toy in a public place, will stand trial early next year.
Chloe Thompson, of Borough Road, Middlesbrough, appeared at Teesside Magistrates' Court on Wednesday after denying the offences.
She is charged with committing a public nuisance by indecently exposing her penis to other members of the public, whilst masturbating from a property window.

The incident reportedly took place on Cromer Street, Middlesbrough, on August 13.
On the same date, the 41-year-old is also alleged to have masturbated on the street in view of others.
A further complaint was also made to police after she was reportedly caught using a sex toy on Wellesley Road, Middlesbrough, on the same date.

Thompson was due to stand trial on Wednesday for the offences.....
NoSaint

NoSaint  Female  Devon
26-Nov-2021 08:13 Message #4848352
Mind boggling.
Pboro Trevor

Pboro Trevor  Male  Cambridgeshire
26-Nov-2021 08:39 Message #4848356
I'd like to see what the magistrates make of this one
fosy

fosy  Male  Leicestershire
26-Nov-2021 09:24 Message #4848357
I take it she was previously a he ?
Hierophant

26-Nov-2021 09:30 Message #4848360
Well a person with a penis generally is.....
MrQuiet_aka_MrD

MrQuiet_aka_MrD  Male  Northamptonshire
26-Nov-2021 10:17 Message #4848368

Could be the he/she, sex obsessed, midsummerseve troll lol.
Strand

Strand  Male  Dorset
26-Nov-2021 10:25 Message #4848371
Yes. It does sound like one of your type of friends, MrQuiet.
MrQuiet_aka_MrD

26-Nov-2021 10:29 Message #4848373
I have friends of all types Strand including gays, trans and others and I have no problem with them whatsover. Each to their own.
Hierophant

26-Nov-2021 10:29 Message #4848374
I had to rate that excellent.
The MSE gimp has been owned again....lolol
capnblackbeard

capnblackbeard  Male  Hertfordshire
26-Nov-2021 10:43 Message #4848382
a whole lot of people are not coming out of this social experiment very well at all,
when i was on holiday i seen a poor lady rubbing sand into her crutch and anas, , thats rough,
Greencare

Greencare  Female  Berkshire
26-Nov-2021 12:17 Message #4848427
Most peculiar.
HotOrWot

HotOrWot  Male  Lancashire
27-Nov-2021 08:07 Message #4848630

Could be the he/she, sex obsessed, midsummerseve troll lol.

It wouldn't surprise me LOLOL
MrQuiet_aka_MrD

27-Nov-2021 21:46 Message #4848725
Sex obsessed. Screen name bj. It's becoming clearer lol.
HotOrWot

28-Nov-2021 08:26 Message #4848766
LOLOL

Sea

Sea  Female  Essex
28-Nov-2021 10:54 Message #4848799
I believe the headline needs rewording, as clearly a woman does not have men bits. It should be 'Man posing as woman exposes himself etc. etc.' To me it does not seem right to suddenly refer to a man as a she, just because they dress that way. It doesn't matter what plastic surgery you have you are either born xx or xy and that cannot be changed, I have seen some big butch looking guys posing as females, nail varnish,womans hair style etc. but I just find it impossible to relate to them as female in any shape or form. They just look like male to me, in drag. If slim and petite then it could be less obvious. But many men despite the sex they supposedly identify with still think with a males brain. I always remember a cashier at a till who I would not have looked twice at until the comment, when it came to pay, saying to you young lady that wil be.... Then noticed the huge hands and the name tag saying Sally. A woman would not attempt to flatter another woman, especially as I was hardly young at the time.
eurostar

eurostar  Female  Merseyside
28-Nov-2021 12:37 Message #4848814
Ah right it's a man not a woman
.was trying to figure out where she got the penis from lol
Confused scouser
Pylon2021

Pylon2021  Male  North Yorkshire
28-Nov-2021 13:47 Message #4848824
As a foot note to this story; the Teesside Gazette has the same standing as does the Daily Star in the rest of the country.
You take what you read with a very large "pinch of salt". They have been known in the past to get things monumentally wrong.

Now if you want a good Northern paper try reading the Northern Echo.
NoSaint

NoSaint  Female  Devon
28-Nov-2021 14:43 Message #4848829
Northern Echoooo.
Minnie-the-Minx

Minnie-the-Minx  Female  Hertfordshire
28-Nov-2021 19:11 Message #4848891
Actually, that's not quite true that you are either XY or XX. There are other combinations. It's easy enough to google, so I won't bore you with a biology lesson, suffice to say that there are people are genetically male or genetically female who can have genetalia that don't match stereotypically their biological sex.

Though I very much doubt that this case is one of those people. I think that this case flags one of the concerns that many women might have about people being able to self reassign their own gender regardless of what it says on their birth certificate. This could give access to generally accepted female only areas, where separate male and female areas have been created for women to feel and be safe. I would expect that most people who believe they are a female brain in a male body are no more risk to women in general than anyone else is. However, when one of those people happens to be a sex offender, as this individual appears to be, that might make a lot of people very nervous to think about having to share a changing room with them, for instance.

I've held back from replying to this until now as there is a lot of hatred directed at anyone who expresses those kind of concerns and possibly even dangerous to do so online.
capnblackbeard

capnblackbeard  Male  Hertfordshire
28-Nov-2021 19:17 Message #4848894
it is a funny old world, and getting funnier by the day, :)

good post that minnie , opened my male brain up a little
HotOrWot

29-Nov-2021 07:09 Message #4848966
Actually, that's not quite true that you are either XY or XX. There are other combinations. It's easy enough to google, so I won't bore you with a biology lesson, suffice to say that there are people are genetically male or genetically female who can have genetalia that don't match stereotypically their biological sex.

Though I very much doubt that this case is one of those people. I think that this case flags one of the concerns that many women might have about people being able to self reassign their own gender regardless of what it says on their birth certificate. This could give access to generally accepted female only areas, where separate male and female areas have been created for women to feel and be safe. I would expect that most people who believe they are a female brain in a male body are no more risk to women in general than anyone else is. However, when one of those people happens to be a sex offender, as this individual appears to be, that might make a lot of people very nervous to think about having to share a changing room with them, for instance.

I've held back from replying to this until now as there is a lot of hatred directed at anyone who expresses those kind of concerns and possibly even dangerous to do so online.

Excellent and informative.
Strand

Strand  Male  Dorset
29-Nov-2021 11:40 Message #4849017
And I'm not even joking when I say that, if Sea had been a high profile, well known person expressing the sentiment she shared with us here on some popular social medium like Twitter, she would, by now have been receiving serious threats against her person; possibly, even being forced to go into hiding or move house due to the tsunami of hate that her comments might have manifest from the baying Twitter public who go utterly, full on, psychotic when such a view is expressed.
NoSaint

NoSaint  Female  Devon
29-Nov-2021 11:48 Message #4849018
There are too many on social media who have no social intent. They sit waiting to pounce with negative and nasty comments and it's unlikely they ever have a kind thought.

Help with conversations