Conversation The Forum
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

What have you been watching...

on the telly lately?

1 2 3 4 5 6 Next   Last  

jpv

jpv  Male  North Yorkshire
7-Nov-2021 08:27 Message #4845768
I recently watched Showtrial. I thought it was brilliant. Very well done by BBC.
It is on BBC iplayer.
jpv

7-Nov-2021 08:30 Message #4845769
Two good links:

(seems to be advert free and nicely laid out, easy to read)
https://www.freeview.co.uk/tv-guide

(Click on 'Today' to see all the films on the Telly)
https://www.viewfilm.net/
Greencare

Greencare  Female  Berkshire
7-Nov-2021 09:11 Message #4845772
I didn't even see this one advertised but you are the third person to have said how good it was so I'll give it a try.
eurostar

eurostar  Female  Merseyside
7-Nov-2021 10:04 Message #4845776
I watched a film last night but can't remember what it was called lol it was on the horror channel,bit gory etc loved it
The night before sat down to watch witch hunt(2021) thinking yes should be good, not for me boring and grey ,
I do tend to just sit down and flick through channels rather than plan
Pboro Trevor

Pboro Trevor  Male  Cambridgeshire
7-Nov-2021 10:22 Message #4845781
We have been watching Bettany Hughes 8 days that affected the Roman Empire. Very good for those wholike their history.
Minnie-the-Minx

Minnie-the-Minx  Female  Hertfordshire
7-Nov-2021 10:43 Message #4845791
Strictly Come Dancing, Shetland, Dalgliesh, The Mating Game, and the second series of Fort Salem.
That's an uncharacteristic lot of watching for me. Must be the dark nights doing it. Though usually, I wait until a series is finished and then binge watch in one or two sittings.
wonderoushen

wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd
7-Nov-2021 11:42 Message #4845796
I always watch Bettany Hughes when she's on I've been watching Strictly and Shetland too. Bake off, Carol Klines Autumn Gardening, Location, Who Do You Think You Are. Theres quite a bit of new stuff starting next week, like Masterchef and The Tower starts, I'll give that a go as it looks good.
SQL

SQL  Male  Devon
7-Nov-2021 13:38 Message #4845799
I tried to watch 'Universe' with Brian Cox. I gave up after about 12 minutes. So slow with vast amounts of padding. Plus the sound track was often swamped by screeching, thunderous so called 'music' which drowned out the presenter on several occasions.
The basic idea for the series is good but I think it's so badly presented and edited it will drive away most viewers.

SQL
jpv

7-Nov-2021 13:54 Message #4845801
Pboro Trevor
I must watch Bettany Hughes, missed that one.

SQL
I gave up on 'Universe' too, the music and all the unnecessary graphics.
brisinger

brisinger  Male  Lancashire
7-Nov-2021 14:03 Message #4845802
I hardly find anything actively worth watching on mainstream TV nowadays. Recently I've been following Black Mountain Honey and City Steading streaming through my TV. A lot of IPTV content has come on tremendously in recent years when it comes to professional quality output from small independent providers. It's evolving from video shorts to full length sit on your sofa and watch full length professional grade programmes on your TV. I think that sponsorship/advertising by companies such as Kleenex, wypall and others (Black Mountain Honey has some on the hives) puts it into perspective how businesses are starting to recognise the value of particular programmes.

As an aside now that other major commercial content providers are using it means that the advent of connected TV into the living room where you can lounge around on the sofa is changing peoples viewing habits with 'value added' (usually rubbish to me) content. Plex is another major content provider as well that's hit the 'free' streaming market and there's the major pay for players such as Netflix, Prime and Disney+ and you can pay per view films like from channels like Rakuten. Sky is another well known one to jump on the streaming bandwaggon.
HotOrWot

HotOrWot  Male  Lancashire
8-Nov-2021 07:19 Message #4845869
I mostly watch documentaries and I'm fortunate to enjoy documentaries on most subjects, some which even surprise me. There are hundreds of these every week so the few I watch will never produce a time of "nothing to watch" syndrome.
Geone

Geone  Male  South East London
8-Nov-2021 09:33 Message #4845875
Hey JPV, Things have been hotting up at the "Dale!" (Emmerdale.) I'm keeping tuned in to see if Karma will finally catch up with conniving Meena.. Lol (Smart as she is, she will trip up at some point for sure!!)
capnblackbeard

capnblackbeard  Male  Hertfordshire
8-Nov-2021 11:55 Message #4845890
(Smart as she is, she will trip up at some point for sure!!)

they always do,lol
FirmButFair-TrollPatrol

FirmButFair-TrollPatrol  Male  North Yorkshire
8-Nov-2021 12:54 Message #4845918
I've been watching a few documentaries on Hitler. I didnt realise he had so much money.

capnblackbeard

8-Nov-2021 13:06 Message #4845921
i did watch a great film called harriet,
about a runaway slave lady who kept going back south to help other slaves,
fantastic film based on a true story
noted in history as the only woman to lead a company of soldiers into battle,
and the most famous underground conductor in the movement to free slaves from captivity,

HIGHLY RATED WATCH
FirmButFair-TrollPatrol

FirmButFair-TrollPatrol  Male  North Yorkshire
8-Nov-2021 13:19 Message #4845922
It's on Netflix now.
capnblackbeard

8-Nov-2021 13:35 Message #4845925
: Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. [carves "V" into poster on wall] The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.
V: Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. [carves 'V' into poster on wall] The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.

i forgot how good that film is, :)
Aely

Aely  Female  Hampshire
8-Nov-2021 16:48 Message #4845958
I too am enjoying Showtrial. I also watched Dalgliesh. OK. The new Doctor Who series. Better than some. Poor Jodie Whittaker has had to battle with some lousy scripts since she got the job.

I have also been re-watching Blake's 7 (Forces TV). Still enjoyable.
jpv

8-Nov-2021 18:49 Message #4845975
Geone
Hey JPV, Things have been hotting up at the "Dale!" (Emmerdale.) I'm keeping tuned in to see if Karma will finally catch up with conniving Meena... Lol (Smart as she is, she will trip up at some point for sure!!)

------------------
Hi Geone,
Sounds interesting, but I have to admit, I have never watched Emmerdale!
Colonel_Blink

Colonel_Blink  Male  Buckinghamshire
8-Nov-2021 22:32 Message #4845996
I have started to watch the first episode of The Tower tonight and so far so good.
HotOrWot

9-Nov-2021 07:11 Message #4846003
I don't watch series except on rare occasions when one is recommended but I can't recall the last one I watched.
MrQuiet_aka_MrD

MrQuiet_aka_MrD  Male  Northamptonshire
9-Nov-2021 09:40 Message #4846022
I don't often watch soaps or a series or anything which means I have to keep up a regular viewing pattern.
Minnie-the-Minx

Minnie-the-Minx  Female  Hertfordshire
9-Nov-2021 10:42 Message #4846024
Aely, I thought Dalgleish was a bit bitty, like there were pieces of the story missing. I didn't think it was very well written. A bit disappointing really.
wonderoushen

wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd
9-Nov-2021 11:11 Message #4846030
Damn I missed it, (The Tower) have to get it on catch up.

I watched Masterchef last night and disagreed with Marcus Wareing about mashed potato, he challenged the contestants to make sausage mash and onion gravy, he had a loose potato puree and put a small dollop on the plate in a lake of gravy. I thought, 'that mash won't soak up that gravy, dosen't everybody know that when you have mash and gravy you have to have the mash thick enough to soak up the gravy and turn it into something looking like baby food?'
HotOrWot

12-Nov-2021 07:33 Message #4846292
I thought I would have a quick flick through the channels for a film but there were hundreds to choose from and I couldn't make my mind up which one to try LOLOL

1 2 3 4 5 6 Next   Last  

Help with conversations