Conversation Singles Only
Helper icon  Helpers: Chris2mates PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Blokes, what's yours?

Lasses, what works?

terry
terry Male
one year ago
I'm talking chat up lines, not that I plan to use any of course, I'm far too much of a gent to nick anyone else's.

Ladies, what chat up lines have worked on you?

Feel free to use any on this thread, if they work I might pass them on to a mate of mine who could do with some help.
Neros1954
Neros1954 Male
one year ago
I'd be embarrassed if a woman knew I was chatting her up so my best lines are asking directions and talking about the weather.
terry
terry Male
one year ago
Don't be embarassed, mine was 'wot yer drinkin' luv'....

Mind, I was 17 at the time!
Greencare
Greencare Female
one year ago
They both sound good to me. It's only the over confident cocky guys that annoy me.
Minnie-the-Minx
Minnie-the-Minx Female
one year ago
Would you like to pop in and see my etchings?
persona_non_grata
persona_non_grata Male
one year ago
My favourite is "Hi. I don't suppose you have any etchings you would like to show me".
vanman
vanman Male
one year ago
Minnie ...

"Would you like to pop in and see my etchings?"

That's a new name for 'em! ;-)

Put those etchings away, you'll have someone's eye out!! lol lol :-)
guess-my-name
guess-my-name Male
one year ago
Mine would probably bee too rude for the delicate eyes on here haha!

What's the modern equivalent then? swiping right? or is it left?
Minnie-the-Minx
Minnie-the-Minx Female
one year ago
Vanners, don't tell everyone that you have seen my etchings.
NoSaint
NoSaint Female
one year ago
Romance is alive on mse.
HotOrWot
HotOrWot Male
one year ago
What's a nice girl like you doing in a place like this. Never fails. LOLOL.
Pylon2021
Pylon2021 Male
one year ago
Do you ride tandem?
NoSaint
NoSaint Female
one year ago
Only if the name is Daisy Bell.
Geone
Geone Male
9 months ago
Well, Terry, I remember years ago when I was very young I said to a girl on a night out in Kingston, "What's the chips like in Kingston??" In which she replied " I guess like anywhere else in the country!!" I felt afterwards so small and wanted ground to open up and swallow me there and then or maybe smaller than an ant! I guess the moral of the Story was ... "Don't use that line!!" LOL..
avenuearry
avenuearry Male
8 months ago
One I have heard used is would you like to come back to my place for s@x as I've run out of coffee
HotOrWot
HotOrWot Male
8 months ago
One I have heard used is would you like to come back to my place for s@x as I've run out of coffee

I've done that. Once I lure them back to my place and when settled on the settee I produce the coffee pot and pour drinks. That confuses them. LOLOL
Kimjongun
Kimjongun Male
2 months ago
My mate used to gesture with his little finger, then say.
If I can make you come with my little finger, imagine what I could do with the rest of my body.

Also,* That top looks nice, it would look even better hung over a chair ,at the bottom of my bed.*
Andromeda
Andromeda Female
2 months ago
I dont think many of those would be very successful haha.

Help with conversations