Conversation Health and Wellbeing
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

hello

wonder if any one knows

Female
shewolf  Female  Somerset
9-Jan-2021 14:17 Message #4802900
I need to know this because I think I might have missed my phone call but when they want you in for your covid jab will they call you or write a letter
Male
brisinger  Male  Lancashire
9-Jan-2021 14:23 Message #4802902
I think they write a letter. A friend got a letter informing her that she was on the 'at risk' register. Unless you have an underlying illness, carer or keyworker I think it will be a while before we get it.
Female
usuallyLaura  Female  Devon
9-Jan-2021 14:41 Message #4802904
Why don't you Google the number that called you ?

or do you not actually have a missed call ?

Apart from that I would be very surprised if they were ready for your vaccination, they are still working through the very elderly, and if you are entitled to it through your profession - then work themselves will contact you ?

Finally I believe when it is time for your jab, they will call and call and call until they get you.
Male
fosy  Male  Leicestershire
9-Jan-2021 17:17 Message #4802920
the NHS WEBSITE says letter.
Male
tumbled  Male  Gloucestershire
9-Jan-2021 17:33 Message #4802926
The latest email that I've been sent includes the following:-

The clinically extremely vulnerable will get priority access to vaccination against COVID-19 before the general population and in line with the priority ordering set by the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI). You will be contacted again by the NHS with more information on when and how you will be invited to get the vaccine.

The vaccine is likely to make an important contribution towards protecting you from COVID-19. We expect to have been able to offer the first dose of the vaccine to you by mid-February.

Your local NHS will ensure that you can receive the vaccine as safely as possible, as well as any care and support needed. Even if you have had both doses of the vaccine, you should continue to follow this shielding advice until further notice as we continue to assess the impact of vaccination among all groups. The people you live with should continue to follow the public health rules and guidance as long as they are in place, including if you have received the vaccine and if they have received the vaccine.

The Government is extending the offer of a free 4-month supply of vitamin D supplements for all adults who are clinically extremely vulnerable to support general health. If you have not already applied you can register at https://www.nhs.uk/get-vitamin-d. Further guidance on how to safely take vitamin D supplements will be provided during the opt in process.

We will continue to update you as the situation changes and will issue further advice to you before this guidance comes to an end on 21 February. Once again, we thank you for your efforts to keep yourself and others safe.

Yours sincerely,

Matt Hancock
Secretary of State for Health

Robert Jenrick
Secretary of State for Housing, Communities and Local Government
Male
tumbled  Male  Gloucestershire
9-Jan-2021 17:40 Message #4802929
It says letter in there....and the link for Vit D.......

I must be ticked for both letter and email, as they have been sending both....
Female
9-Jan-2021 20:04 Message #4802939
Thankyou all stay safe
Male
flowerpotman  Male  Dumfries and Galloway
10-Jan-2021 09:51 Message #4802960
I got a phone call on Friday to tell me my appointment was on Jan 20th.
Female
Aely  Female  Hampshire
11-Jan-2021 17:47 Message #4803050
Interesting, the offer of Vit d. Way back near the beginning of Covid I put up a thread wondering if Vit D could help in fighting the virus.

My cousin's partner, who is in his 80s with underlying health problems, got a letter a couple of weeks back giving him a hospital appointment to get his Covid jab. A few days later he got a letter cancelling it. No explanation, no new date. They live in Bedford.
Male
11-Jan-2021 18:48 Message #4803062
No, Vit D is being given out mainly to people who need it because of other medication they are on who would normally get enough by sun exposure not to require it. From my neuro "I would be grateful if you could prescribe a vitamin D supplement such as Fultium D3 because many patients who are taking anti-convulsants are vitamin D deficient".
Male
11-Jan-2021 18:57 Message #4803067
I assume the Tumbled is technically defined as "clinically vulnerable" in some way?
Female
Victoriana11  Female  Buckinghamshire
11-Jan-2021 19:43 Message #4803072
We have been told (today) by email, that the surgery has only been allocated 200 shots of the vaccine and we will most probably have to go to the local football stadium when the time comes. Dont call us, we'll call you.
The email also states that some people will have to go into London, Epsom or even Bristol for our jab. Dont call us we'll call you.
Its a very long email, telling all the problems and it finishes yet again, with dont all us, we'll call you.
Female
11-Jan-2021 20:00 Message #4803075
good luck emailing me my email box has frozen
Male
Blackjack  Male  South Yorkshire
11-Jan-2021 21:19 Message #4803101
Well those with little to no money, the poor appear to be going to miss out, as the more wealthy can travel. Strangely enough the more wealthy are less likely to get flu or Covid-19. We are always told what we need to know but are not told which economic level is most prone. Poor diet = compromised immune system. Those with pre-existing conditions are on the firing line too, not forgetting the overweight, as Boris was told when he apparently got the blighter! He subsequently lost weight, but has been swinging his political clout ever since, contradicting himself over time, saying one thing and other happens, filling his mates pockets with billions, so has a lot to celebrate.

We all know the part vitamin D plays in our immune system as well as zinc, but why bother when the corporate sector is riding over the mountains of cash with the vaccine, that they made in a few months as opposed to a decade or more normally. Safety was not compromised one bit – sure I trust a double speak load of self interested politicians making a fortune from this - I trust them because they are more educated than me, as well as richer, more p[owerful, and better schools and university.

I look up to them whereas I look down on the food bank brigade who just a few years ago were called scroungers, work shy, stealing our money. Politicians always know what is best _ but is it best for me?

Female
17-Jan-2021 02:58 Message #4803753
just found out my dad had his and they called him on the phone the week before so I guess I will have to keep my one average hearing ear out
Female
NoSaint  Female  Devon
17-Jan-2021 07:52 Message #4803760
The vaccinations seem to be progressing quickly and efficiently. I know a lot of people who have now been vaccinated who are elderly or working in the care industries.
Female
Mumsie  Female  Warwickshire
17-Jan-2021 16:44 Message #4803867
Seems in my area they come in text form a, s mine did, for Saturday afternoon coming . It is , at a different surgery to my own usual one .

Hope you get it sorted, Contact your GP surgery and they will help you.

Help with conversations