Conversation Society, News and Sport
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Mr Harry Windsor

His statement in full

Good2BWith

Good2BWith  Male  West Yorkshire
1-Oct-2019 22:36 Message #4755555
I'm FAR from being a supporter of an hereditary Monarchy - BUT ...
----------------------------------------------------
Mr Harry Windsor. His statement in full

As a couple, we believe in media freedom and objective, truthful reporting. We regard it as a cornerstone of democracy and in the current state of the world – on every level – we have never needed responsible media more.

Unfortunately, my wife has become one of the latest victims of a British tabloid press that wages campaigns against individuals with no thought to the consequences – a ruthless campaign that has escalated over the past year, throughout her pregnancy and while raising our newborn son.

There is a human cost to this relentless propaganda, specifically when it is knowingly false and malicious, and though we have continued to put on a brave face – as so many of you can relate to – I cannot begin to describe how painful it has been. Because in today’s digital age, press fabrications are repurposed as truth across the globe. One day’s coverage is no longer tomorrow’s chip-paper.

Up to now, we have been unable to correct the continual misrepresentations - something that these select media outlets have been aware of and have therefore exploited on a daily and sometimes hourly basis.

It is for this reason we are taking legal action, a process that has been many months in the making. The positive coverage of the past week from these same publications exposes the double standards of this specific press pack that has vilified her almost daily for the past nine months; they have been able to create lie after lie at her expense simply because she has not been visible while on maternity leave. She is the same woman she was a year ago on our wedding day, just as she is the same woman you’ve seen on this Africa tour.

For these select media this is a game, and one that we have been unwilling to play from the start. I have been a silent witness to her private suffering for too long. To stand back and do nothing would be contrary to everything we believe in.

This particular legal action hinges on one incident in a long and disturbing pattern of behaviour by British tabloid media. The contents of a private letter were published unlawfully in an intentionally destructive manner to manipulate you, the reader, and further the divisive agenda of the media group in question. In addition to their unlawful publication of this private document, they purposely misled you by strategically omitting select paragraphs, specific sentences, and even singular words to mask the lies they had perpetuated for over a year.

There comes a point when the only thing to do is to stand up to this behaviour, because it destroys people and destroys lives. Put simply, it is bullying, which scares and silences people. We all know this isn’t acceptable, at any level. We won’t and can’t believe in a world where there is no accountability for this.

Though this action may not be the safe one, it is the right one. Because my deepest fear is history repeating itself. I’ve seen what happens when someone I love is commoditised to the point that they are no longer treated or seen as a real person. I lost my mother and now I watch my wife falling victim to the same powerful forces.

We thank you, the public, for your continued support. It is hugely appreciated. Although it may not seem like it, we really need it.
Strand

Strand  Male  Dorset
30-Nov-2021 18:37 Message #4849318
I wonder how Netflix feels now about paying Mr Harry Windsor and his wife Meghan Markle £100 million in hard cash?

I mean; Have I missed something? Like £100M worth of chat shows, documentaries and similar media projects that, surely, should be making an appearance by now?

And what about the £18M Spotify deal? (How many podcasts, radio style interviews and other audio projects has Harry's "media company" produced under its Archewell corporate title?

Isn't it about time we started seeing the fruits of H & M's influence as "impact partners" and investors at sustainable investing firm Ethic?

Tumbleweed blows across screen ....

OK. Well lets just round up their independent earnings, (so far), as a nice neat £150M and ask ourselves ...

"Ummm ... Well. Where is it? Where is the gushing, insightful, heart rendering, introspective tosh that the most irrelevant, self serving and hypocritical jet flying couple on earth were planning to deliver to an entirely indifferent world?

For those unfamiliar with the matter, since their recent NY trip, a September polls by YouGov suggest that the Sussex’s popularity has dropped by 43% to an embarrassing 34%.

"We thank you, the public, for your continued support. It is hugely appreciated. Although it may not seem like it, we really need it.

Yes, Harry. It certainly does seem like you do.
MrQuiet_aka_MrD

MrQuiet_aka_MrD  Male  Northamptonshire
30-Nov-2021 18:40 Message #4849319
Archaeology is a good hobby Strand and it's amazing what you can dig up. Do you remember old Good2BWith he was almost as funny as Blackjack and the cabal lol.
Strand

Strand  Male  Dorset
30-Nov-2021 18:44 Message #4849321
... and I used to love him. I really did. And his mum but with them becoming the 'John and Yoko' of the royal family and gushing all of that sickly peace and love, save the planet insincerity, which comes across as nothing other than self indulgent narcissism, what am I supposed to think these days?

Answer?

The same as everybody else.
Andromeda

Andromeda  Female  Berkshire
30-Nov-2021 18:47 Message #4849323
Yes Harry used to be "one of the boys" but now it's like a joint effort by the UK and US to produce a bad soap.
Strand

Strand  Male  Dorset
30-Nov-2021 18:58 Message #4849328
"Archaeology is a good hobby Strand and it's amazing what you can dig up. Do you remember old Good2BWith. He was almost as funny as Blackjack and the cabal lol."

Yes. And while I love real archaeology, it is rare for me to go searching the MSE catacombs but, for old time's sake and a little nostalgia, I have been rooting around and visiting some earlier original posts. (And Cookoo Style, the suitable title and subject matter of this original post saved me having to write my own.)

Good2BWith's favourite word was 'Cabal, wasn't it? And I've noted that Wandering4Fun is rather fond of utilising that same phrase also. Purely a coincidence, of course, I'm sure but yes, it only takes a trowel and a little brush to swiftly locate and uncover an earlier strata of Midsummer madness, doesn't it? :)
Strand

Strand  Male  Dorset
30-Nov-2021 19:26 Message #4849330
Ha ha. Bad Soap. That's a brilliant quip, Andromeda. :)

And really. I might say that I don't like to sound so cruel but, well, actually, I do!

I mean; these people are gushing sanctimonious claptrap in the guise of royal 'sages' with nuggets of wisdom to "bring humanity together in these challenging times" when, yeah, their version of sharing peace and love with the world, (as a real live example), is to BOTH publicly humiliate and fall out with their respective families in glorious global streaming technocolor. Not a good example of a couple showing the world how to live, is it?

The Letter and the Court Case

And as for the,"It's OK. I've made sure that every word of the letter I penned to my father is written in such a way as to guarantee me sympathy should it ever get seen by anybody else." Yes. That's right. The woman had one eye on some future press fallout even while writing that letter; a letter that was always a contrived insincere PR stunt where her own father was intended to be the Patsy. And she ran with that fiction ... until truth tripped her up.

And don't get me started on the fact that, after being caught out by emails, she had to confess, "Oh yes. I did FORGET (and lie to the court) that I actually colluded with the author of a book that I told the court I hadn't colluded with".

So no.

This couple are a complete waste of space, aren't they? (With Markle being found out to be a ... well ... a proper liar.)

True. I didn't like writing that last sentence but, really, simply saying "I forgot" just doesn't cut it. :-/

Ditch her, Harry. Ditch her and come home.
Jeff

Jeff  Male  East Sussex
30-Nov-2021 20:17 Message #4849334
I'm no royalist, but I think that Prince Harry did a lot of good for the disabled and mentally ill, and I was pleased that he and biracial "commoner" Meghan Markle got married. I even half-jokingly suggested to one of the 4 Scottish Country Dancing societies in Sussex to which I belong that we invite the Duke and Duchess of Sussex to one of our sessions.

But I changed my mind when I saw how they took big advantage of their royal status to get huge amounts of money while abandoning many royal commitments. I'm wary of assigning motives to people, as others often get my motives wrong. But she seems to want fame and fortune arising from her marriage, and have led him by the nose.

I notice that their website sussexroyal.com/about/ ("The official website of the Duke & Duchess of Sussex" and copyright "Sussex Royal") includes "In line with the statement by Her Majesty The Queen, information on the roles and work of The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will be updated on this website in due course. We appreciate your patience and invite you to explore the site to see the current works of Their Royal Highnesses." - That was last updated on 18-Jan-20, over 97 weeks ago! Their webpages for "Supporting Community" and "Serving the Monarchy" and "Strengthening the Commonwealth" are practically empty - I think they're pretty accurate!
NoSaint

NoSaint  Female  Devon
30-Nov-2021 21:33 Message #4849342
I think Harry's biggest mistake was falling foul of the press.
Strand

Strand  Male  Dorset
1-Dec-2021 11:35 Message #4849408
You heard it here first! :)

After I revived an old thread and asked what has happened to Prince Harry's deals with Netfix and Spotify, (and where is the media content they promised), I see that The Sun is now also asking that same question.

"HARRY and Meghan are working to protect their £18million podcast deal after failing to produce any content this year — leaving Spotify chiefs mystified.

Pressure has been mounting on the pair to follow up the only episode of their multi-year contract — a solitary 35-minute holiday special last December."

Full story below. (A net link that may or may not appear immediately.)
Strand

Strand  Male  Dorset
1-Dec-2021 11:36 Message #4849409
https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/16900406/meghan-prince-harry-spotify-one-podcast-18m-deal/?utmsource=newsshowcase&utmmedium=gnews&utmcampaign=CDAqEAgAKgcICjDQiPwKMJHAiAMwlYcr&utmcontent=rundown&gaaat=na&gaan=AYc4yssbMwjvIABGrOi7uXuOWVRUI805v6CfeIBoJKQM56uSkHzb2rjWWYrdrXb5TRD-gKNTLnUP8yVTdFdT8BHWvlcCshS8LE2CLQmb36ldA-8Wrw%3D%3D&gaats=61a769fe&gaasig=t-VyErcQsFtusBjypDAl4pwaYaKmeGwcB8sXK3hDKO-B-Gu2_sBVdMPPxLdockc96AiVy0gFmNLa0cgVaQCQyg%3D%3D
Strand

Strand  Male  Dorset
2-Dec-2021 12:49 Message #4849622
OK. After this comment, I'll let the subject go. :)

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle were expected to put out a series of Spotify podcasts throughout 2021 - but none have materialised and they've reportedly been given a 'nudge.' (According to the Mirror)

After realising that the deal so far had cost them £500,000 a minute, (for a rushed 35 minute “Christmas special”), Spotify has reportedly been left "mystified" as to why the couple have not produced any content, according to The Sun.

£18 million. What annual interest would that earn if invested sensibly, BOYDEL?
Mumsie

Mumsie  Female  Warwickshire
2-Dec-2021 17:18 Message #4849678
How this couple try to use and manipulate the media to their own good,
Our dear Queen , what does she make of all this exposure . of the couple, and sueing here and there . So much for the British stiff upper lip and the elite, how they stayed silent and revealed nothing to the press, or denied all the rest .

One used to think , Harry was a decent chap, in his involvement with the services, and injured servicemen , in his help and support , and a single chappie having fun that he was

under the clutches of another ,, now .
One wonders as he turned his back on family and England, even friends no doubt, how lonely must he feel living in this false world , they have created , what a farce as now and again when it suits, the pair let bits gets fed to the media, through their PR, , maybe worried they might get forgotten about , in their artificial world
Strand

Strand  Male  Dorset
2-Dec-2021 20:33 Message #4849711
Meghan Markle has just won her court case appeal so, at least, the Queen won't have to endure and see them drag more personal family affair issues through the courts. Till the next time anyway.

capnblackbeard

capnblackbeard  Male  Hertfordshire
2-Dec-2021 20:37 Message #4849712
waste of space the whole lot of them,
Mumsie

Mumsie  Female  Warwickshire
3-Dec-2021 15:18 Message #4849829
Let them RIP as she celebrates her second success against the media and privacy .
More important happenings, in this shattered and damaged world we are living in

Help with conversations