Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Hugs

Come and get them

Female
twinkle2  Female  Hertfordshire 15-Sep-2019 08:52 Message #4752657
Good morning huggers,

It's a bright sunny day here already and the forecast is for heat later on. Decisions, decisions what to do..... go in the garden and try and dig into sun hardened soil or ironing.....hum.... Then there are cakes to make for the Macmillan coffee morning at work.

So what are you all planning to do today? I need to write a new to do list as there are too many tasks whirling round in my head. Do you write lists or just get on and do things? Whatever you're doing I hope you have a productive or relaxing day and a good week ahead.

(((HUGS))) (((HUGS)))
Male
elrond  Male  the Highlands and Islands of Scotland 15-Sep-2019 09:12 Message #4752660
G'morning twinkle (((hugs)))
grey day here but at least yesterday's wind has gone.

hope to get some tidying up done outside before winter sets in

(((hugs))) to all
Female
twinkle2  Female  Hertfordshire 15-Sep-2019 09:21 Message #4752662
Good morning elrond,

Nice to see you here today :) Did you finish all your painting? Do you have a lot of tidying up to do outside? I need to wage battle on the creeping buttercup again :( and I have some bags of compost to dig into the flowerbeds before I can put my new plants in.

Enjoy your tidying (((HUGS)))
Male
Keithagain  Male  South Yorkshire 15-Sep-2019 09:32 Message #4752665
Good morning Huggers
Yesterday we had a little family gathering to celebrate Karen`s appearance oop north. She lives down south and doesn`t visit much. She is staying with me. She is my sister, in case anyone was wondering! We had a nice `do`.
I hadn`t thought what I m going to do today. Rain is forecast for this afternoon and it has got dark after such a fine start.

Hugs hugs hugs
Male
RumBassiousPenguin  Male  Essex 15-Sep-2019 10:25 Message #4752676
My band (Petra Viva) went to the Forum to see and meet The Quireboys!

Today more mundane stuff - laundry, clearing up before visiting my son for a few days.

Hugs to the girls, beers to the boys (sparkling water for Pengy these days)

Rockin'BeerleessPenguin
Male
Pboro Trevor  Male  Cambridgeshire 15-Sep-2019 10:48 Message #4752682
Good morning Twinkle and all Sunday Huggers

Got back yesterday from a week in North Wales

Lazy start to the day before tackling the unpacking, washing etc.

Hugs to all

Trevor
Female
leogirl  Female  Essex 15-Sep-2019 11:40 Message #4752688
good morning Twinkle 2 and all Sunday huggers . {{{HUGS}}} from me
A nice Sunny morning here in my part of Essex. Had a nice coffee on the patio with a slice of toast for breakfast.

I had an other unfortunate mishap after the nasty fall some couple of weeks ago. I burned my wrist . Painful ! I invented some more Morris dance steps when it happened. Did correct things as recommended for burns , Cold water for 10 minutes and keeping it sterile with loose clingfilm afterwards. . I also dribbled the sap of a Aloe Vera plant on my burns which did not make the pain less straight away , but prevented some of the blisters.
My son, some 35 years ago grew cacti from seeds as a hobby. The offspring ( some 26 of them ) of these pants I have recently repotted again . A healthy Aloe Vera plant sells for £ 4.75 at the Local Garden centre !!

How do I manage to be so clumsy to inflict all those painful mishaps on myself?

Lunch will be the produce of my daughter`s garden ( potatoes, chard, tomatoes and herb ) and chicken . A lean and mean meal as I have to loose weight! after lunch some more admin duties and perhaps a bit of pruning and tidying in the garden and a walk around the village .
Tonight the last chapters of my book The Mountains Echoed .
{{{HUGS}}} to all.

leogirl.
Female
twinkle2  Female  Hertfordshire 15-Sep-2019 12:53 Message #4752708
Hello Keithagain,

What a lovely excuse for a family gathering :)

Perhaps find a good film to watch or a book to read this afternoon? I'm afraid we're hogging the sun down south at the moment.

(((HUGS)))
Female
twinkle2  Female  Hertfordshire 15-Sep-2019 12:55 Message #4752709
Hello RumBassiousPenguin,

Did your band also play with them as well?

Laundry and clearing up is good for the brain. Have a lovely time with your son :)

(((HUGS)))
Female
twinkle2  Female  Hertfordshire 15-Sep-2019 12:57 Message #4752710
Hello Pboro Trevor,

I think unpacking is the easier bit, rather than packing. I hope you had a good time in North Wales. Have you got sunshine there?

Have a good afternoon.

(((HUGS)))
Male
RumBassiousPenguin  Male  Essex 15-Sep-2019 13:00 Message #4752711
Hi Twinks, no we didn't but we do have gigs lined up - five now, things are at last going our way, now that we have a settled line-up. We got through more drummers than Spinal Tap (but not the same reasons!) but now we have the adorable JJ (she's gorgeous, small and suitably noisy).

RbP
Female
twinkle2  Female  Hertfordshire 15-Sep-2019 13:00 Message #4752712
Hello leogirl,

Oh no, not another accident. I think you need to be wrapped up in cottonwool :( Perhaps you have too much on your mind so because you're preoccupied accidents happen.

Lunch sounds lovely. I have a small loin of pork for later. Enjoy your lunch and your afternoon. How are you finding your book as there seem to be mixed reviews on it.

(((HUGS)))
Female
twinkle2  Female  Hertfordshire 15-Sep-2019 13:01 Message #4752713
RBP I'm glad things are finally going your way fingers crossed for it continuing :)
Female
leogirl  Female  Essex 15-Sep-2019 13:38 Message #4752714
I have read the 3 books by Khaled Husseini and I find it well written, fascinating and an eyeopener.
as a young teenager I followed the stories of the Shah of Persia and his wife Soraya such a different lifestyle and stories we hear now from the same country. Luckily some culture and good traditions still remain.

Leogirl

Female
Sea  Female  Essex 15-Sep-2019 19:13 Message #4752743
Hello Twinkle and all Sunday Hugger,
Hope all have had a good day. I had a family gathering with daughters and grandchildren yesterday, which is always good. Today as still looking lovely and sunny I took myself off to Sudbury, to go canoeing on the river there. Out for a few hours and took a picnic to have by the river, just relaxing and watching the swans and others go by etc.

As to writing to do list...never. I just do things as I see they need doing, or if more difficult tend to just forget about them for a while. There again I do not always do things as they need doing but will put them off for another day, if I prefer to do something else instead. Lawn needs a mow but felt canoing a better option. :- )

Sending warm Sunday (((Hugs))) to all.
Male
RumBassiousPenguin  Male  Essex 15-Sep-2019 19:59 Message #4752753
Connect the mower to the canoe! (Not sure how...)

RbP
Female
Victoriana11  Female  Buckinghamshire 15-Sep-2019 20:25 Message #4752765
Hello Twinkle and Sunday Huggers

Another busy Sunday - up with a lark at 5.30am and then off to a CB and an Auction. Bought well at both. Then we met some friends for drinks and nibbles in their beautiful garden. Was very hot. So relaxing with 3 ponds all with fountains and Koi carp. We left about 3.00pm as I needed to go to Lidls. It was a nice day and first time we have relaxed for weeks( months even). House purchase is on schedule, altho land problems keep arising.

Tomorrow I must pick some more damsons and blackberries, and sun dry some tomatoes .We do so badly need some rain here, none for weeks, even months.

(((hugs))) for all
V x
Male
RumBassiousPenguin  Male  Essex 15-Sep-2019 20:28 Message #4752767
Victoriana seems to "buy well" and that's cool. Does gentle lady ever sell anything? :o)

RbP
Female
twinkle2  Female  Hertfordshire 15-Sep-2019 22:20 Message #4752794
Hello Sea Urchin,

Another one with a family gathering :) The picnic by the river sounds lovely. Canoing in the sunshine sounds a better bet rather than getting hot and sticky mowing the lawn, only to see the grass back where it was a few weeks down the line.

(((HUGS)))
Female
twinkle2  Female  Hertfordshire 15-Sep-2019 22:23 Message #4752795
Hello Victoriana11,

I'm glad to hear that the house purchase is on schedule. I'm sure the land problems can be sorted out. The ponds with fountains sound lovely. It all sounds like an idyllic Sunday afternoon.

Are you jam making or pickling the fruit?

(((HUGS)))

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »