Conversation The Forum
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Election before

October 31st

Male
NotHermit  Male  Derbyshire 2-Sep-2019 20:58 Message #4750599
I say yes.
Boris is unable to last after October 31st, because he does not have any intention to actually leave the EU.
Only option from the start of Boris PM was General Election.

Here we go again, its more interesting this time.
At least 4 potential PM's.
Male
Hierophant  Male  East Anglia 2-Sep-2019 22:32 Message #4750637
Yeah, Corbyn will have to make a decision, that will be fun to watch if nothing else....
Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd 3-Sep-2019 10:57 Message #4750671
Under the fixed term parliament act two thirds of MP's have to vote for a GE and I think many have realised this is a trap to to further interupt parliament sitting and allow a no deal Brexit as a default. If MP's deny Boris an election before Oct 31st and pass a motion stopping a no deal then it will be interesting to see what Boris does, will he ignore parliament? If he ignores it on voting against a no deal, then he'll be open to legal challenges and he won't be able to suspend parliament for a GE either.

I think when we do have a GE it will be another hung parliament, the Brexit party will take a chunk of Tory and Labour votes and the LibDems will take a another, with no Ruth Davies I think the Tories will lose many of their Scottish MP's, what will happen in NI, who knows? It seems that the public are still split over Brexit with a slight remain lead so I don't see any change on the horizon soon. I don't think Corbyn will be PM or if he is then it will be tightly constrained by his allies in other parties, it won't be a straight Lib-Lab pact or the sort of coalition that Cameron and Clegg had.
Male
Witheflow  Male  North Yorkshire 3-Sep-2019 11:36 Message #4750675
NotH. Due to the trickery and unelected manipulation by the self destructing tories. The first step to prevent this banker and Asset stripping Bonanza is, to produce legislation to stop a No Deal today. When that is done and it will be, then we allow the Brextremists to self implode a while. Simmer for 20 days or so and increase the boil occasionally to help it along. Then, knowing the Brextremists cannot force their self imposed harm on the country, a vote of no confidence will arrive. After this delicious solution is served, we can watch a Government deal with negotiating a deal that is in the interest of the whole country and not just the greedy and deluded. Have faith NotH. It's just karma doing it's thing and the self servatives will have destroyed themselves for 20 to 30 years.
Male
HotOrWot  Male  Lancashire 3-Sep-2019 13:34 Message #4750681
Under the fixed term parliament act two thirds of MP's have to vote for a GE and I think many have realised this is a trap to to further interupt parliament sitting and allow a no deal Brexit as a default. If MP's deny Boris an election before Oct 31st and pass a motion stopping a no deal then it will be interesting to see what Boris does, will he ignore parliament? If he ignores it on voting against a no deal, then he'll be open to legal challenges and he won't be able to suspend parliament for a GE either.

I think when we do have a GE it will be another hung parliament, the Brexit party will take a chunk of Tory and Labour votes and the LibDems will take a another, with no Ruth Davies I think the Tories will lose many of their Scottish MP's, what will happen in NI, who knows? It seems that the public are still split over Brexit with a slight remain lead so I don't see any change on the horizon soon. I don't think Corbyn will be PM or if he is then it will be tightly constrained by his allies in other parties, it won't be a straight Lib-Lab pact or the sort of coalition that Cameron and Clegg had.

A very good post wonderoushen, without all the blithering and claptrap so often seen on here.
Male
tumbleweed  Male  Gloucestershire 3-Sep-2019 15:22 Message #4750694
I'm going to vote for the best Cabal party....I can't stop saying Cabal now....It's ingrained in my mind.....I'm not sure where I picked it up from.....
Male
HotOrWot  Male  Lancashire 3-Sep-2019 15:27 Message #4750698
Is that cabal with one hump or two :)
Male
NotHermit  Male  Derbyshire 3-Sep-2019 21:24 Message #4750752
Jeremy Corbyn said today.

There is a Cabal in Westminster
So you know where to look TW.
Male
MrQuiet  Male  Northamptonshire 24-Sep-2019 20:03 Message #4754131
I say yes.
Boris is unable to last after October 31st, because he does not have any intention to actually leave the EU.
Only option from the start of Boris PM was General Election.

Here we go again, its more interesting this time.
At least 4 potential PM's.

A report from Westminster on 2nd September.
Male
Witheflow  Male  North Yorkshire 1-Oct-2019 00:15 Message #4755321
We are watching the biggest scam ever undertaken by a government against its own people. Currently, £8,274,350,000 [£8.3 billion] of aggregate short positions has been taken out by hedge funds connected to the Prime Minister and his Vote Leave campaign on a ‘#nodeal’ #Brexit
Male
MrQuiet  Male  Northamptonshire 1-Oct-2019 06:14 Message #4755324
wonderoushen Female Gwynedd 3-Sep-2019 10:57 Message #4750671

A very good post.

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »