Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Does a little dance...

Male
brisinger  Male  Lancashire 28-Aug-2019 23:56 Message #4749970
I thought something cheerful of sorts is in order. I've managed to persuade SS that as RPR and Alzhemier's Primary carer that my Mum can be discharged to home with a package of care. I know it will be one hell of a ride and no doubt I'll be doing a lot of moaning and ranting online. However, for now it's time to ride on the crest of a wave that all the months of battling have paid off. I'm under no illusion that my life is on hold and it will be terribly difficult life at the coalface but as long as I feel it is her best interest and that I can get support from any available avenue I will try. I think that the hardest part will come when I feel that I've reached the end of the line but for now it's just time to knuckle down and leave my campaigning to online.
Female
joolsy  Female  Essex 29-Aug-2019 04:20 Message #4749975
You are amazing my lovely friend brIs x
Female
JustLyn  Female  Cheshire 29-Aug-2019 07:01 Message #4749986
That great news Bris.

It is a difficult task, being a carer, but I think the worst is when there is no understanding or support.

Sometimes having a plan is all we need to carry on.

I was in Bury yesterday visiting Fightback and await my son's deferred tribunal date for PIP.

I haven't found ranting on here had been helpful.
Male
mancers  Male  Greater Manchester 29-Aug-2019 10:50 Message #4750007
You are an inspiration bris, I wish you all the best and hope your story encourages others.
Male
Witheflow  Male  North Yorkshire 29-Aug-2019 11:15 Message #4750014
Well done Bris. I wish you all the best and hope you have peace and good fortune from now on.
Female
Ilsmileforu  Female  Durham 29-Aug-2019 11:54 Message #4750027
Well done Bris, it is not an easy task, so ask at Citizens advice who may be able to help you.
I have looked after people with various conditions for 28 years, and I loved my job, I finally retied 2 years ago.
Female
Victoriana11  Female  Buckinghamshire 29-Aug-2019 13:31 Message #4750032
Good news Bris, you are such a lovely caring man. I wish you both every success in this new venture(((hugs))) V x

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »