Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

With

all the talk

Male
terry  Male  West Yorkshire 15-Aug-2019 18:46 Message #4748806
Or at least a bit of talk....about charities.
Which two charities would you volunteer with should you have the time and inclination? if you'd like to add a few words of why that's ok as well.

Or

Maybe you disagree with them or would never volunteer for anything? I have experience of volunteering for things and then thinking 'damn!'
Male
persona_non_grata  Male  North London 15-Aug-2019 19:17 Message #4748808
RNLI. I’ve supported them for many years but I would love to be younger with some good sea legs and be out on the sea volunteering.

Keech Hospice. I do a bit to raise funds but I would really like to be working as a volunteer full time. Although it’s a hospice for adults too it caters specifically for terminally ill children. I love kids and get on well with kids especially those with problems and learning difficulties.

So my choices would be the lifeboats for heroic adventures and the hospice just because.
Male
OnlineMSE  Male  Essex 15-Aug-2019 20:29 Message #4748813
I already volunteer weekly for a large public sector organisation, and at the moment that's enough for me.
But I wouldn't have a problem volunteering for a couple of charities, that have a personal significance when time allows.
Female
eurostar  Female  Merseyside 15-Aug-2019 21:17 Message #4748817
I volunteer weekly for Barbados cos its near home
If there was a dogs home near I,d do that as well
Male
NotHermit  Male  Derbyshire 15-Aug-2019 21:23 Message #4748819
Did you know B is next to N on the keyboard?
Female
eurostar  Female  Merseyside 15-Aug-2019 21:29 Message #4748823
Oops lol Barbados? I wish lol
Female
Andromeda  Female  Berkshire 15-Aug-2019 22:06 Message #4748842
I would volunteer for the charities providing hearing or seeing dogs. I sometimes help my friend out who works in a charity shop. I meet some real characters.
Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd 16-Aug-2019 11:15 Message #4748868
I would volunteer to cook for meals on wheels or to give lessons to people on low incomes who don't know how to cook and shop and need it as a basic life skill.
Male
RumBassiousPenguin  Male  Essex 16-Aug-2019 16:37 Message #4748887
Oddly enough I'm starting this very eve, a charity for teenagers with mental health issues. I really don't know what to expect!
Male
HotOrWot  Male  Lancashire 17-Aug-2019 20:46 Message #4748975
I would volunteer to cook for meals on wheels or to give lessons to people on low incomes who don't know how to cook and shop and need it as a basic life skill.

That’s a good thought.

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »