Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Dont cry!

Male
A_man_called_CHIOG  Male  South East London 6-Aug-2019 08:47 Message #4747664
Have you ever wondered what makes us cry? Where the tears come from?

And why the runny nose?
Male
terry  Male  West Yorkshire 6-Aug-2019 13:23 Message #4747695
I've always put it down to emotion, though I know there will be a scientific/medical answer someone on here will know or search for. Would your question really be where does the liquid come from? how do we produce liquid in our bodies without drinking it in?
Male
tumbleweed  Male  Gloucestershire 6-Aug-2019 16:27 Message #4747713
I know that a lot of fluidy things in your body are it's way of sending 'help' or protection to the area that it sends it to...swelling and stuff like that is often the body sending fluid to the place....It's quite clever really....even on a stupid person, it works...
Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd 6-Aug-2019 18:49 Message #4747733
There are different types of tears, an irritated tear will have different chemicals in to sad tears and laughing to much tears, it seem to be the bodies way of ridding itself of excess hormones and the obvious getting rid of an irritant.
Male
HotOrWot  Male  Lancashire 7-Aug-2019 06:15 Message #4747786
A certain amount of tears keep our eyes moist and clean all the time but emotions can trigger the brain to send more and these are the ones relating to crying. I think it’s excess tears which travel down the nose hence all the nose blowing at sad events.

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »