Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Physical exercise.

Male
A_man_called_CHIOG  Male  South East London 7-Jul-2019 06:33 Message #4743990
Do you get enough? Do you get any?
Male
HonestBob  Male  the Central region 7-Jul-2019 08:35 Message #4744001
Yeah, I think I might over do it actually.

I was doing a full body 3-5 times a week in the gym. Also doing a chest/arms, and a shoulders arms work out at night in my home gym.

This week I've returned to a push, pull, legs routine in the gym. All the push movements and triceps. All the pulling movements and biceps. Then all legs movements. Doing them all twice per week. 5 days in the gym and the final of the 6 in my home gym. Also with a arm workout at night before going to work.

Also included is a 20 min bike session at night, and 10 mins after my gym workout.

Adding dog walking and the physical nature of my job, I think I spent enough time in gym, but really should lay off the weights and do more cardio as I have some belly fat that I could do without.
Female
Sea  Female  Essex 7-Jul-2019 09:02 Message #4744006
Yes, more than enough. Canoeing for over four hours yesterday and would have been a swim also but turned cooler and overcast. Not into indoor gyms, as prefer the great outdoors. Will happily walk (and clamber over rocks) all day over places such as Dartmoor if down that way. I walk a lot when away, such as all around the coastline in many parts of Indonesia and up into the mountains following little tracks. I swim and snorkel a great deal in warmer climates but will also swim outdoors here when weather warm enough. And I get plenty of excercise mowing the lawn and digging and cutting back branches and weeding etc. etc. I seem to be always on the go. So think that I actually get more than enough.
Female
Andromeda  Female  Berkshire 7-Jul-2019 09:35 Message #4744014
I don’t get much exercise these days mostly walking to the shops, walking the dog, or just walking. If I’m feeling energetic I walk a bit faster.
Male
mancers  Male  Greater Manchester 7-Jul-2019 09:44 Message #4744016
Not nearly enough , I do walk a bit but could walk a bit more :0) was thinking of joining a walking club but they look a bit hoity toity.
Male
Templar2013  Male  South East London 7-Jul-2019 10:53 Message #4744030
I walk every day and swim two or three times a week. I often cycle usually at the weekend. I have been with a walking club and for some strange reason they were on the hoity side but all very nice. It’s strange that a pastime which costs nothing is not more popular with the non-hoity types too but they all seem to congregate in the big shopping centres.
Male
mancers  Male  Greater Manchester 7-Jul-2019 11:03 Message #4744032
Not a lover of shopping malls, I’m more of a go in get and get out type, maybe that’s a little exercise, and I carry my shopping home for muscle exercise. :0)
Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd 7-Jul-2019 11:40 Message #4744049
Dog walking and gardening, I'd like to walk more but Monty's to old to take me for long walks these days, the other thing I'd like is a proper skiing machine, I used to have one and was really good until it broke. I can't seem to get another because they seem to have gone out of fashion in favour of cross trainers which are no good for me, they're not as low impact as they say they are and certainly not on the shoulders.
Male
tsunamiwarrior  Male  Hertfordshire 7-Jul-2019 20:15 Message #4744129
I like walking but that’s about it for me.
Female
Cautious1954  Female  Berkshire 8-Jul-2019 22:53 Message #4744225
I have lots of joggers, hikers and cyclists passing my house every day. Wears me out watching them.
Male
A_man_called_CHIOG  Male  South East London 9-Jul-2019 07:24 Message #4744239
I get a lot of exercise due to my love of water whether it’s the sea, a pool or, as most often, a lake. I swim and waterski which are both good for keeping fit.
I’ve tried the gym a few times but it’s a bit regimented and those going tend to have a different mindset and be a bit obsessional.
Male
brisinger  Male  Lancashire 9-Jul-2019 12:42 Message #4744258
Yes, the exercise is just a by-product of my love of dance. In particular Brazilian Zouk and Samba de Gafieira both stimulate cognitive and physical exercise.
Male
HotOrWot  Male  Lancashire 13-Jul-2019 18:17 Message #4744959
A lot on here sound quite fit.
Male
fosy  Male  Leicestershire 13-Jul-2019 18:34 Message #4744967
i have been known to become quite exhausted just reading a "sporty" ladies profile ;¬)

Male
durhammedic  Male  Tyne and Wear 13-Jul-2019 18:37 Message #4744968
I Love to do lots of Exercise...……….
Like turn the channels on my remote control and walk to the Fridge to get a snack! lol
Female
RoseyCheeks  Female  Nottinghamshire 13-Jul-2019 19:04 Message #4744970
I generally do 3 aqua aerobic classes and a Zumba each week. I should be a skinny minnie but my body obviously didn't get the memo.
Male
terry  Male  West Yorkshire 13-Jul-2019 22:43 Message #4745000
I quite like something I saw on faecesbook, summed me up perfectly

"If you ever see me out jogging,
Please kill the *ing thing that's chasing me!"
Male
fosy  Male  Leicestershire 13-Jul-2019 22:45 Message #4745002
like it terry !
Male
MrQuiet  Male  Northamptonshire 16-Sep-2019 22:53 Message #4752977
Nice one terry.

Back to top  Back to top