Conversation The Forum
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Showing online when still in bed

Male
A_man_called_CHIOG  Male  South East London 21-Jun-2019 06:21 Message #4742458
I received a text from a friend on mse this morning asking why I was up so early which was puzzling to say the least. I know when you log off it can take a while to register but when I was shown as online it was more than 24 hours after I logged off.

I was thinking how suspicious it might look to a potential date when told you haven’t been on the dating site for days when the “who’s online” is showing you present and correct.
Female
Sea  Female  Essex 21-Jun-2019 07:48 Message #4742463
Good Morning CHIOG,
Is it possible that somebody knows or has guessed your password? Just a thought.
Male
Pboro Trevor  Male  Cambridgeshire 21-Jun-2019 09:29 Message #4742469
It depends on whether you physically log out of the site or just switch to another web page.

If you do the latter you will still be shown as logged in for several hours after you have left.

Trevor
Male
tsunamiwarrior  Male  Hertfordshire 21-Jun-2019 10:36 Message #4742475
Most sites are slow logging you out but this one is slower than most.

I just looked and a wasn’t there but looked back a few minutes later and I’m showing online.
Male
tsunamiwarrior  Male  Hertfordshire 21-Jun-2019 10:37 Message #4742476
I will now log out at 10.38 precisely .. so I’m not there even if I am
Male
A_man_called_CHIOG  Male  South East London 22-Jun-2019 06:46 Message #4742537
Tsunamiwarrior I was not online then but I can verify you were not showing at 11.40am. Hope this helps.

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »