Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Summer summer

where are you hiding

Female
Bewildered  Female  Norfolk 20-Jun-2019 09:01 Message #4742415
I had last week off work , got drenched taking and collecting my car from its MOT
Tue got wet going to the supermarket
Wed got wet going to the bank.. gave up going out the rest of the week...
Did manage to spruce up the toilet and bathroom but that was a waste of a week of...

Worked all the weekend and have this week off.

Deja Vu ... still raining...thunder storms this time... have managed to do zilch...
just put the bin out and its raining AGAIN !!!

arrr
FOR goodness sake,,,

this time last year my long lost friend visited and we sat in the garden in 80 degree sun sipping on our cold vino..

I wonder if we will get a summer at all this year

BUT I bet when we do have few reasonable days it will be when i am working Grrr

anyway HI all lol
Female
Sea  Female  Essex 20-Jun-2019 09:45 Message #4742417
Bewildered, you are just in the wrong place. It is a beautiful warm sunny morning here at the moment and hasn't been too bad a week, just a few light showers now and again but some very long sunny periods. Maybe look at the weather map and head for the sun? : -) My consevatory is in bright sunshine and showing 32c - very pleasant. Hope it brightens up for you.
Male
vanman  Male  Cambridgeshire 20-Jun-2019 10:26 Message #4742419
Been a few showers here in the last week.

But ...

Summer has started TODAY! :-} sun is shinning as I type.

It's MIDSUMMERS DAY on Monday, and the forecast is looking good!

Midsummer Fair is on Midsummer Common in Cambridge this weekend (officially opened yesterday)
So all is looking good for the weekend (hot dogs, hamburgers, n' candy floss by the bucket load! lol)
Male
Hierophant  Male  East Anglia 20-Jun-2019 10:35 Message #4742420
At the risk of putting a downer on things, tomorrow is the longest day, after that the nights start drawing in... lol
Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd 20-Jun-2019 11:28 Message #4742424
I had a bit to much sun in the garden yesterday, its been bright and sunny most of the week, a bit windy though and its suposed to be the same into the weekend too. We have our own little micro climate here, the rain often passes overhead to fall on the mountains further east, or the total opposite and we have rain whilst everyone has sun. Different areas of the island have thier own micro climates too, we have less snow and its warmer here than the north and east sides of the island
Male
OnlineMSE  Male  Essex 20-Jun-2019 12:59 Message #4742427
This unsettled weather seems very local.
We had no sun at all yesterday and the skies were black and ominous all day. Yet it wasn't raining everywhere. It was tipping it down in one place and not a drop a few miles away. But it was very humid.
Started well today with blue skies but back to heavy thunderous looking clouds.
Still it's the Summer Solstice (longest day) tomorrow and Midsummers Day on Monday so all down hill from then.
lol
Male
Hierophant  Male  East Anglia 20-Jun-2019 13:04 Message #4742428
Don't worry, we will all be moaning it's too hot next week as 30 degrees is forecast...
Female
RAACH84  Female  Buckinghamshire 20-Jun-2019 23:20 Message #4742447
We have a local farmer who does a mini-forecast and he has been predicting a warm week so I hope he is right.
Male
A_man_called_CHIOG  Male  South East London 22-Jun-2019 06:53 Message #4742541
I spend a lot of my leisure time in a wet suit so I don’t need the sun but it’s still nice to see it shine.

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »