Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Sunday Huggy thread

Come and get them

Female
twinkle2  Female  Hertfordshire 26-May-2019 09:01 Message #4740700
Good morning fellow huggers,

The forecast for today is hot and sunny later, at the moment it's a bit cloudy but bright. I am going to see a lady about some plants. I tried to go to a new nursery last weekend but the road was closed so will try again this week at some point. I won't be around for the next couple of Huggy threads so I hope someone will step forward and start it off for the select few who still participate.

Enjoy the lovely long weekend. (((HUGS))) (((HUGS)))
Female
leogirl  Female  Essex 26-May-2019 11:02 Message #4740709
good morning twinkle

Sunday Hugs to you {{{HUGS}}} and to all the Sunday Huggers to follow.
In a minute or 2 I am off to the bootsale to get a few plants for the border in the back garden. It is slow work getting that border weed free .
The lawn in the front and back are treated by a so-called lawn doctor, but to be honest it looks just as terrible after the 5 treatments I had already at great expense. . Lots of weeds that have roots that spread out in circles with dense green weeds with white flowers. Pull out one root and I get 10 new weeds sprouting back ! Not good.

This afternoon I hope to visit a friend for a natter and a cuppa. No biscuits or cake for a while though .

Not sure what I am doing next week Sunday , but If I am around I will get the {{{HUGS}}} started.
have a lovely week-end.

{{{HUGS}}} leogirl.
Female
Sea Urchin  Female  Essex 26-May-2019 12:11 Message #4740712
Hello Twinkle and all Sunday Huggers.
A little overcast here but warm and bright. I am in Devon for a few days house sitting A lovely stone house on four acres but in the middle of nowhere. A couple of miles from a main road up a single track lane. It does have fanatstic panoramic far reaching views though. Two friendly dogs and five sheep. The sheep have just been shorn but owners will need to burn the wool as nobody wants it, as have been told too course. Seems strange, as felt very soft to the touch. Oh well...
Hope everybody has a lovely Sunday.
Sending very warm (((Hugs))) from me.

(((Hugs))) (((Hugs))) (((Hugs)))
Female
leogirl  Female  Essex 26-May-2019 13:18 Message #4740721
hello Sea Urchin.

I would have thought that coarse wool could be sold as a cheap natural insulation or for the carpet industry.

I am going to make strawberry jam this afternoon. Got lots of tiny strawberries very cheap and a tub extra thrown in - at the bootsale.

Leogirl.

leogirl.
Female
twinkle2  Female  Hertfordshire 27-May-2019 16:30 Message #4740778
Hello leogirl,
So you have the plant bug too :) I bought Osteospurnums, lavender, pinks, delphiniums and another plant that I keep forgetting the name of, plus a Bourganvillae for my sister. The marestail in my front garden is even more worse than it has been and is steadily finding its way down the new lawn :( although I think I have some tips as to what to do with it.

Well done on the no biscuits or cake.

(((HUGS)))
Female
twinkle2  Female  Hertfordshire 27-May-2019 16:31 Message #4740779
Hello Sea Urchin,

Your setting sounds idyllic :) What a waste of wool, you'd think they'd be able to do something with it.

(((HUGS)))

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »