Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Free meals?

Male
Nigel_In_Devon  Male  Devon 17-May-2019 18:00 Message #4740328
It seems people behind the "Real Housewives of Cheshire" ITV program contacted a restaurant in Chester asking if they would provide free food for the 3 stars in return for the stars discussing the restaurant on their social media accounts.

Seems the restaurant owner simply tweeted a copy of the request together with a vomit emoji.

Guess that's a no then Lol!

This stance appears to have gained him a few extra followers! :-)

Link in next post...
Male
Nigel_In_Devon  Male  Devon 17-May-2019 18:00 Message #4740329
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-48295357
Female
Gilpin  Female  Middlesex 17-May-2019 23:44 Message #4740356
It says it's boosted his customers. Covino. Think I'll remember the name if I'm in Chester.
Male
HonestBob  Male  the Central region 18-May-2019 09:18 Message #4740371
Bunch of stuck up, entitled old women, that want everything for nothing... good on the place for telling them where to go. The bare faced cheek of these women is jaw dropping. I don't believe for a single minute that if they turned up and had to pay, it would actually be them who is paying for it anyway.

Glad to see people getting behind them and supporting the very brave decision.
Male
tumbleweed  Male  Gloucestershire 18-May-2019 10:37 Message #4740373
Life seems full of these kind of things...sometimes it is regarded as bribery and corruption, other times it is 'good salesmanship and marketing'

The subject reminds me of a prank show I was watching recently...A bit different to this thread, but it was something like a couple were dining at a restaurant, and were asked to do a review of the food. The Lady of the couple was the one being pranked...She regarded herself as a good cook, as good as any restaurant, but what she didn't realise was that her family, in on the joke, had raided her freezer, and the restaurant was serving up her own cooking, and she was unwittingly reviewing it...She had some funny critical comments to say about the 'restaurant' food...

Sorry to go off subject a bit...
Male
barney  Male  Surrey 18-May-2019 12:28 Message #4740378
If I had been the restaurant owner my answer would have been two words. The second one off.

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »