Conversation Society, News and Sport
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Dianne Oxberry

Sad loss

Male
warmundeft  Male  Wrexham 11-Jan-2019 08:40 Message #4733182
Shocked and deeply saddened to learn this morning of the death of Dianne Oxberry.

No idea how well she was known beyond BBC North-West region, but that no-nonsense, personable and very professional lady, who added her own, accurate regional interpretations to the weather forecast is someone that I will miss.
The cause of Dianne's loss is not known to me yet, but it is given that she died at the Christie in Manchester, from which I assume cancer to be responsible. She was aged 51.

I've a recollection of her broadcasting in late December and, if that's accurate, then this has been devastatingly fast.
My thoughts are with Dianne's husband, Ian Hindle, and their two children.
And my commiserations also to those who worked with Dianne - due to their closeness to a smashing person, they have very clearly had a greater blow than I can possibly know.
Male
Hierophant  Male  East Anglia 11-Jan-2019 09:15 Message #4733183
It took a while for the penny to drop, then I realised/remembered she was on the Radio 1 breakfast show years and years ago with Simon Mayo and Rod Mackenzie. I used to listen every morning as I trundled along on my milkround. Good times indeed.
Very sad news that took me back and reminded me of others I have lost...
Male
fosy  Male  Leicestershire 11-Jan-2019 11:11 Message #4733189
it was cancer.
Female
Victoriana11  Female  Buckinghamshire 11-Jan-2019 12:14 Message #4733190
I hadnt heard of her so I Go-ogled her name. I think she mainly appeared 'oop north'. She sounded a lovely lady - so pretty too. She has died very young, The world will be a sad place without her. My thoughts are with all those who knew her & especially her family.

V x
Female
JustLyn  Female  Cheshire 11-Jan-2019 14:49 Message #4733196
I feel one those deep losses we occasionally get from someone famous unexpectedly dying.

Unexpectedly shocked because I used to see her with Gordon Burns on North West News every night.

Do sorry for her 2 kids and husband. Too young, such a loss of potential.
Female
Emmz  Female  the West Midlands 12-Jan-2019 11:59 Message #4733226
Very sad and at such a relatively young age. I feel for her husband and children.

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »