Conversation Society, News and Sport
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Famous

Same name

Male
NotHermit  Male  Derbyshire 10-Jan-2019 22:11 Message #4733172
Is David Cameron any good at darts?
Is the darts player better at darts than his namesake was at politics?
Will he win the BDO world darts championship?
Will there be any pork scratchings left for anyone else?

Can anyone name any famous name doubles or trebles?
Female
eurostar  Female  Merseyside 10-Jan-2019 22:17 Message #4733173
don't know any famous ones but I do have two mates with the same first name and surname and born the same month same year...gets confusing sometimes
lol
Male
Jeff  Male  East Sussex 10-Jan-2019 23:49 Message #4733180
In 1945 Wolfgang Pauli won the Nobel Prize for Physics.

In 1989 Wolfgang Paul (without a final "i") shared the Nobel Prize for Physics.

Because in maths the letter "i" indicates "imaginary" numbers (involving the square root of -1), they used to joke that they were real and imaginary counterparts.

Jon (Jonathan) Snow is a journalist.

In 1854 physician John Snow identified the cause of cholera.

The boxer and grill man George Foreman named his sons George Jr., George III ("Monk"), George IV ("Big Wheel"), George V ("Red"), and George VI ("Little Joey").

Princess Diana married "Philip Charles Arthur George" Windsor as well as Charles Philip Arthur George Windsor. That's why there were 3 of them in that marriage!

In the Labour party, deputy leader Tom Watson and leader Jeremy Corbyn are sometimes called cartoon characters Tom and Jerry.
In the TV series The Good Life, the two male leads were Tom Good and Jerry (Jeremy) Leadbetter

Hermit and NotHermit are opposites.
Eurostar and You're a star are the same person.
Male
tumbleweed  Male  Gloucestershire 11-Jan-2019 09:35 Message #4733184
I think Cameron is out of the arrers now. Better luck next year.

I have known a few name doubles over the years. I wish there were more. It always makes me titter when I hear of any. There used to be a manager at work called Peter Shilton. Another called David Gower. Any time there names were mentioned, used to set me off.
Male
NotHermit  Male  Derbyshire 11-Jan-2019 18:11 Message #4733202
Jeff, there was also a cricket player called John Snow, he played for England.
TW, Yes David Cameron is out of the darts, so a failure just like his namesake.

Don't forget, The bowlers Holding, the batsman's Willey
Male
TheSarcasticOne  Male  Essex 12-Jan-2019 01:31 Message #4733218
I have an exact name double for me born on the same day and the same year, different county.

When we moved in 1970, our new next door neighbours had the same first names as the four of us, the surname was different.

As for looking up your own name, Google is your friend and also look for you website name.

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »