Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Sandwiches

1 2 Next >  Last >> 

Female
joolsy  Female  Essex 10-Jan-2019 10:19 Message #4733127
Hi me darlins ... Just been looking on line for recipes ... And saw this gorgeous sandwich from New York deli ... It was called a Reuben sandwich ... As my grandsons name is Reuben I told him ... I'm going to make him a Reuben sandwich when I come over ... Oh nana doint eat me he said did make giggle ... Has anyone had a Reuben sandwich ... I've never heard of it before ... So what's your favourite sandwich peeps ...
Male
HonestBob  Male  the Central region 10-Jan-2019 10:28 Message #4733131
Never heard of the Reuben sandwich. I love the chicken and bacon from the M&S 8n the service stations! Not had one in a long time, will need to treat myself to one soon :D
Female
joolsy  Female  Essex 10-Jan-2019 10:40 Message #4733134
Hi honest bob ... Just been looking on YouTube how to make ... I'm going to tescos to get ingredients lol ... I need brisket .. Swiss cheese ... Saukraut .. Thousand island dressing and rye bread ... I'm going to slow cook the beef with Guinness lol ... In me slow cooker ... Gosh me mouths drooling lol
Male
HonestBob  Male  the Central region 10-Jan-2019 10:46 Message #4733135
Watch the wee guy doesnt get breath tested on his bike...

How many pints you had son?

Just some of nan's brisket! Hahaha
Female
joolsy  Female  Essex 10-Jan-2019 10:50 Message #4733136
Ha ha Bob ... So funny he is only 4 ... Lol ...
Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd 10-Jan-2019 11:27 Message #4733139
Barley miso, tahinni and alfalfa sprouts, with cherry tomatoes on the side, disgustingly healthy but really nice.
Female
joolsy  Female  Essex 10-Jan-2019 11:54 Message #4733140
Hen that sounds lush ... I love alfalfa sprouts ... I've got me brisket slow cooking ... Jamie Oliver said a Reuben's sandwich is the best sandwich he has tasted ... I can't believe I haven't heard of it ...
Male
barney  Male  Surrey 10-Jan-2019 11:55 Message #4733141
I rarely buy ready made sandwiches. They always put too much in them usually things I don't like.
I prefer plain such as just cheese or cheese and pickle.
Can't beat a crisp sandwich.
Female
joolsy  Female  Essex 10-Jan-2019 12:14 Message #4733142
Lol @ Barney crisp sandwich lol ... My dad was a scouser he put everything in a sandwich or buttie as he called it ... Even caught him making a buttie from his Sunday roast and dipping it in his oxo gravy lol .. Lovely memories x
Male
barney  Male  Surrey 10-Jan-2019 14:01 Message #4733144
Now that is sandwich which is my favourite. Cold roast beef left over from the joint the day before.

Store bought beef even carved at the deli never tastes the same.
Female
Judance  Female  Berkshire 10-Jan-2019 16:11 Message #4733148
You need to put some bacon in that crisp sandwich, Barney.

A favourite as a child, bacon, crisps, Warbies white bread and ketchup. Pile it in and squash it all down .. perfect bacon buttie!
Female
Helper icon Helper
PrincessFruitBat  Female  Essex 10-Jan-2019 16:52 Message #4733150
Reuben sounds such a lovely lad Joolsy. I think I’d be tempted to eat him all up.
As for the sandwich: I had one last year when I was visiting my son in Manchester. I can’t remember exactly what was in it but it included salt beef with sauerkraut inside rye bread.it was delicious.
Female
joolsy  Female  Essex 10-Jan-2019 17:58 Message #4733152
Hi princess .. Yes my Reuben is so gorgeous and has the most infectious giggle ... I spoke to him on the phone earlier ... He wants me to play with his new Lego and sleep over lol ... I told him again about the Reuben sandwich.. He said nana is it a happy meal... did make me chuckle... So you have had one princess I can't wait for me beef to be slow cooked lol
Female
eurostar  Female  Merseyside 10-Jan-2019 19:59 Message #4733162
sorry ya just cant beat a runny fried egg butty...………...oh maybe a fishfinger butty...………...lol.lol.

Male
tumbleweed  Male  Gloucestershire 10-Jan-2019 20:08 Message #4733163
I have just had a fish finger one. Sometimes it would be a butty, but today it was a thick slice of Aldi Malted loaf, toasted, buttered, ketchuped, with 4 fish fingers on top, 3 of them lengthways, the other across, perfectly fitting the toast.

I fancy another one. Perhaps later.
Female
eurostar  Female  Merseyside 10-Jan-2019 20:14 Message #4733164
lol tumbleweed, I may just go buy fish fingers tomorrow now...….lol
Male
AndyMacG  Male  the West Midlands 10-Jan-2019 20:30 Message #4733165
Crushed peas with salt, vinegar and ketchup on seeded bread with spread with real butter, must be fresh peas or the only ones you can use from a tin are the big marrowfat ones :) yum

Andy Mac
Female
alliez  Female  West Yorkshire 10-Jan-2019 20:36 Message #4733166
Not sure I have a favourite sandwich but like the following, cottage cheese and walnuts, polony and pickle, peanut butter and bramble jelly. They are 'treats' as am more likely to have chicken or ham salad with the thinnest sliced bread I can find ...
Female
alliez  Female  West Yorkshire 10-Jan-2019 20:36 Message #4733167
Not sure I have a favourite sandwich but like the following, cottage cheese and walnuts, polony and pickle, peanut butter and bramble jelly. They are 'treats' as am more likely to have chicken or ham salad with the thinnest sliced bread I can find ...
Female
leogirl  Female  Essex 10-Jan-2019 23:56 Message #4733181
good thing that I have not got any bread in the house as I would like to make a huge sandwich to go with my mug of tea!

I like marmite and thin sliced cucumber on white bread sandwiches.
And sometimes I long for a vesper sandwich my aunt would bring with a huge can of tea to the workers in the fields at harvest time.
Doorsteps of fresh bread, lashes of butter , soft white sugar and a slice of pompernickle on top. this gave the men and us children who " helped" enough energy to work an other 2 / 3 hours .
leogirl
Female
leogirl  Female  Essex 11-Jan-2019 09:36 Message #4733185
hi Joolsy.

I woke up this morning with a happy , happy feeling. I had a glorious sandwich dream.
All the MSE sandwich lovers were in a cosy pub which had tables with bread, butter and all the ingredients needed to make our favourite sandwiches laid out. . Little Reuben, master-chef, was making the Reuben ones - and they were THE BEST ! ever
My late aunt Dina came in with the can of tea and the sugar / pomperknickle sandwiches . There was such a real, wonderful warm feeling of goodwill that will last me for days!

Leogirl.
Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd 11-Jan-2019 10:41 Message #4733187
Thats a nice dream Leogirl.

alliez, do you like very thin bread or are you doing it for health reasons? I was really pleased today to see a new report out by WHO saying that wholegrain and vegetable carbs are good for you and help prevent many cancers.
Male
persona_non_grata  Male  North London 11-Jan-2019 14:56 Message #4733198
Has no-one mentioned the jam sandwich?
Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd 11-Jan-2019 18:42 Message #4733206
Yeah, but, what sort of jam? My favourite jam sandwich is either buttered on both sides of the bread and fried or dipped in beaten egg and fried, its so good the French even have a fancy name for it rather than an eggy bread jam sandwich.
Female
RAACH84  Female  Buckinghamshire 11-Jan-2019 20:28 Message #4733212
Sounds delicious wonderoushen but if we have sandwiches it’s usually to a lack of time to make anything else.

1 2 Next >  Last >> 

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »