Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

2019 .. a special year?

.. got me thinking

Female
Judance  Female  Berkshire 8-Jan-2019 22:23 Message #4732984
I bought a calendar and diary, as you do, and set about filling in the important dates in both.

I got part way through when I realised the diary and calendar didn't match up. On checking the calendar, I found that after April there was June, then June again. July followed then July again after which came September! No May or August …

Got me thinking .. what months could I do without? Which would I like to have twice? I quite like April .. showers yes, but the promise of finer weather to come. September too with the leaves turning. Obviously it would be nice to have the warmth of summer for a bit longer.

Apart from the weather, what months could you do without and which would you like to repeat … sort of Groundhog month?
Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd 9-Jan-2019 11:20 Message #4733032
I think I could do without march and august and have may and june twice instead.
Female
Victoriana11  Female  Buckinghamshire 9-Jan-2019 18:58 Message #4733067
I am not keen on Feb & March - they seem to be months where there are so many germs around and I always seem to have aches & pains then. I quite like July & September cos lots of flowers reach their peak then.
Female
eurostar  Female  Merseyside 9-Jan-2019 19:00 Message #4733069
January and September..yuk..
Female
Aely  Female  Hampshire 9-Jan-2019 19:11 Message #4733075
February and November? Dank and depressing usually. Of course, losing November would mean Christmas hitting the shops in july but losing February would make Spring come a bit sooner.
Female
JustLyn  Female  Cheshire 9-Jan-2019 20:22 Message #4733079
I'm with Eurostar.
Female
Madness102  Female  South Yorkshire 9-Jan-2019 22:17 Message #4733087
I'm with Aely !!

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »