Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

French writer. Says he could never love a women of 50

1 2 Next >  Last >> 

Female
joolsy  Female  Essex 8-Jan-2019 20:29 Message #4732970
Hi me darlins ... Just been reading online about the French writer yann moix ... He reckons women of 50 he could never love ... There bodies are repulsive ... He reckons only a 25yr old will do ... I wouldn't mind but he has a face like a ferret lol ... What are your views lol
Male
The_Snow_Covered_Fool  Male  Cheshire 8-Jan-2019 20:53 Message #4732972
When all's said and done joolsy it down to personal preferences, it's just that this pi**ock decided he had to tell the world.
But then again he's just written a book and needs the publicity ! Good or bad it's publicity.

Chris.
Female
Minnie-the-Minx  Female  Hertfordshire 8-Jan-2019 20:55 Message #4732973
Joolsy, I think the answer is ... in your dreams, matey boy.
Hilarious when blokes come out with crap lie this. :-)))
Male
vanman  Male  Cambridgeshire 8-Jan-2019 21:42 Message #4732979
From what I can remember, some 'fancy packaging' helps at any age! ;-). lol.
Male
Hierophant  Male  East Anglia 8-Jan-2019 21:59 Message #4732981
Hmm I bet Mr French writer has young 25 year old women drooling over him anyway - He's French, has designer stubble and is probably loaded...
Male
Steve1959  Male  Nottinghamshire 8-Jan-2019 22:58 Message #4732986
In the Past joolsy I always went for the older woman. Odd that now I am Sixty I haven't dated for about Ten years ;-)
Female
bella111  Female  Devon 9-Jan-2019 00:48 Message #4732990
I think most Rich men will always get some younger woman who has£ signs in her eyes just like some younger men like older women.
Male
HonestBob  Male  the Central region 9-Jan-2019 04:42 Message #4732991
"He reckons women of 50 he could never love ... There bodies are repulsive ... He reckons only a 25yr old will do ... I wouldn't mind but he has a face like a ferret lol ... What are your views lol"

Well if it was a old French woman saying this about older men... it would be applauded and men 50 and over, would be bashed for not having a body like Magic Mike. However it's a man talking about women, so we must take notice and hurl abuse at him, his manhood and what ever else.

If you ask me, honestly... he is saying something we all know, to an extent. Women are in their most attractive years in their 20s.

Is this news to women?

Yes Jools he may have a face like a ferret, but if he is an older gentleman and he is pulling girls in their 20s... he is winning!

I applaud him.
Female
BunnyGirl  Female  Buckinghamshire 9-Jan-2019 06:42 Message #4732994
i just had a look online to see this yann moix and i think he is not too bad looking. But the thing is
i think it is insulting to say things like that about women in there fifties. I know women in their
fifties have good bodies and look good for their age. Of course nothing compares to a twenty year
old. But he is only looking at what they look like and nothing to do mentally. Apart from that these
younger women only want money. But lets face it one day they will be fifty so it would be intereting to see then what they look like then.
Male
badman  Male  Suffolk 9-Jan-2019 08:20 Message #4733000
Let's face it. If you have lots of dosh, getting a younger woman is not much of a problem. It's just us old, poor ugly gits that don't stand a chance.

I need to win the lottery.
Male
persona_non_grata  Male  North London 9-Jan-2019 09:03 Message #4733003
It's a personal choice and good luck to him but I think he is missing out on a lot of opportunities if he dismisses all women over 50 just because of their age.
He is French and I have worked in France and Italy where younger women often take up with older men and often see the older man as more mature and fanciable. I think he would have a harder time with young British women.

Personally i think women are at their best around 50 .. but that' another story!
Female
joolsy  Female  Essex 9-Jan-2019 11:02 Message #4733025
He has started a uproar on the media ... Yes it is ok for him to prefer younger women ... But imo he is missing out on such a lot ... Us older women are in demand too lol ... Young guys love older women .. We are more experienced sexually ... I'm sixty my body has changed since I was in my twentys ... I have boobs now lol ... Me smiles me best feature anyway lol ... As for old ferret face yuck ... Give me a man who is respectful to women one who smiles and has a lovely heart ... Is a winner in my book ... Gives steve59 a wave ... Yoohooo me darlin good to see you ... And happy birthday for yesterday xxx
Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd 9-Jan-2019 11:19 Message #4733030
What Minnie said. Would a partner of his get a divorce petition for her 50th birthday present? I think my response to him would be that I couldn't love such a shallow twat.
Male
barney  Male  Surrey 9-Jan-2019 12:38 Message #4733038
Just another up his own ass Frenchman who thinks he is Gods gift to women. Arrogant twat.

Female
eurostar  Female  Merseyside 9-Jan-2019 19:05 Message #4733073
well actually I think a lot of men over 50 are not for loving...….lol.lol

each to their own...…...lol.lol
Female
Aely  Female  Hampshire 9-Jan-2019 19:16 Message #4733076
Well, I was showing off my bikini body in Crete at the age of 58 and it was a darned sight better than many of the twenty somethings. Plus of course the older woman has more experience in certain matters and hopefully a bit more conversation than some of the youngsters. The guy sounds like a bit of an idiot to me so I wouldn't fancy him - at any age.
Female
JustLyn  Female  Cheshire 9-Jan-2019 20:20 Message #4733078
He sounds very shallow, or tongue in cheek.

I've found it works not looking for the "one", but look for company, and the rest follows on and a person becomes attractive when you get to really know them.

At age 50, at a vulnerable time as my marriage ended, I had a "crush" on one of the GPs I worked for. He was around 6" shorter than me, a big paunch, damage from a stroke at age 42, bald, but we had a tremendous mischievous rapport, the glint in his eyes, the humour and fun, trust, respect. Got a great hug when he retired. A couple of the patients said we acted as if we were a couple which was scary.
Male
warmundeft  Male  Wrexham 9-Jan-2019 22:23 Message #4733089
R A Eu* - reckon you must be spoiled - having a job that involves assessing fighting age males.
Female
eurostar  Female  Merseyside 9-Jan-2019 22:25 Message #4733090
ah well its a tough job that someone has to do...I suffer I really do...………...lol
Female
Madness102  Female  South Yorkshire 9-Jan-2019 22:26 Message #4733091
How old is this self opinionated guy anyway?? Just wait till he is "old"
Although I dont consider 50 to be old.
there is a super song called
"Older Ladies are Divine" very good and funny and true - go utube it.
Female
JustLyn  Female  Cheshire 9-Jan-2019 22:29 Message #4733094
He hasn't discovered that 50 is the new 30 poor guy.
Female
jennifer  Female  Gloucestershire 10-Jan-2019 09:52 Message #4733123
"Face like a ferret", jools ... you did make me giggle!
Female
joolsy  Female  Essex 10-Jan-2019 09:59 Message #4733124
Ha ha Jen ... How's you my lovely x
Male
HonestBob  Male  the Central region 10-Jan-2019 10:18 Message #4733126
"He hasn't discovered that 50 is the new 30 poor guy."

Yes, I assume he missed that episode of loose women hehehe
Female
jennifer  Female  Gloucestershire 10-Jan-2019 10:23 Message #4733128
I am ok, thanks, jools. Got guys in my house today installing new heating. So many things have broken down over the last couple of months ... tumble dryer, washing machine, conservatory roof (2 leaks), cooker and the biggie, the heating. But hey, ho, just gotta get on with it ... life could be a lot worse.

Hope your move goes well.

That guy in your post wouldn't want anything to do with a woman in her 50s. Oh, well, his loss. Superficial man ... no depth ... or appreciation of what is important in a person and it's not their body.

(One of the guys installing my heating looks like Colin Farrell (been told that before apparently). So I am going to appear superficial, too, and say that he looks lovely ... such lovely brown eyes ... but he is a lovely guy, too. No Irish accent ... but can't have everything!! Making it a pleasure to have all the turmoil in my house!!!)

1 2 Next >  Last >> 

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »