Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Sunday Huggy thread

First one of 2019

Female
twinkle2  Female  Hertfordshire 6-Jan-2019 10:27 Message #4732849
Good morning fellow huggers and those who'd like to join in. The rules are simple. if you post on this thread you should then give a (((HUG))) to everyone else who posts on it.

Happy New Year everyone. I hope 2019 is going to be good to you. It's a bit grey here at present weather wise and very still and quiet. They said on the radio that today 5,000,000 people will book their summer holiday - is that what you are going to be doing or is it already done? I tend to book my summer holiday quite late but have a week booked in June already.

Do you have any plans for today or is it going to be a nice relaxing day? I have to ramp up a gear and get things ready for work tomorrow. Having not felt very well all week that will take a but of effort but is achievable.

(((HUGS))) (((HUGS)))
Female
leogirl  Female  Essex 6-Jan-2019 10:51 Message #4732854
Good morning Twinkle {{HUGS}}} to you and all the Sunday Huggers to follow.

I have booked one holiday already, planned the 2nd one ,a visit to Holland to see the Rien van Poortvliet museum with an other fan of this Dutch painter with his love for animals and nature . The 3rd holiday will be in a luxurious hotel in Turkey., but I am still looking for a companion to come with me.

Today is the 12th day of Christmas. The drummers will be drumming and the 3 Kings will follow Twinkle Star! I baked a traditional 3 Kings cake and expect 4 friends this afternoon for a walk and a cup of tea and a drink to toast the New Year. I believe in every opportunity to cellebrateann event.
The cake is made of ground almonds, a little butter and lemon as a filling , rolled in sweet flaky pastry and shaped in a wreath . Inside is a raw white bean is hidden . The one who get the piece of cake with the bean will be King or Queen for today and wears the little cardboard crown.

This morning I will do some floor exercises as my legs and knees are so stiff from all that sitting over the Chrsitmas period.

Warm {{{HUGS}}} to all and may The twinkle sar shine bright today! {{{HUGS}}}
Male
Pboro Trevor  Male  Cambridgeshire 6-Jan-2019 12:10 Message #4732865
Good morning Twinkle and all Sunday Huggers

Taking down the Christmas decorations today, putting them up in the loft and then a general tidy up

Hugs to all

Trevor
Female
Victoriana11  Female  Buckinghamshire 6-Jan-2019 19:12 Message #4732894
Hi Twinkie and all,
I'm late as usual... just like the white rabbbit from A in Wonderland... (((hugs))) have been so busy last few days with sorting out things at my house ( after the tenants) its ongoing, we seem to keep finding more problems. The whole place has now been decorated except the kitchen which is nearly all out now. I hate seeing it in such a mess but it has to be done. Himself is being amazing organising it all, and even doing a lot himself. He knows what he is doing as he used to be a builder, so I am happy to let him proceed, but I dont want him to overdo things. Its only a month since his shoulder operation.He has quite enough to do here on the farm. We've been to our usual auction today, and lunch at the garden centre and one CB sale. All were good.

Lots of (((hugs))) to all.

V x
Female
twinkle2  Female  Hertfordshire 6-Jan-2019 22:21 Message #4732900
Hello leogirl,

I hope you enjoy all your holidays and manage to find a travel companion.

I hadn't heard of the 12th day of Christmas tradition. It sounds lovely. Were you the queen?

(((HUGS)))
Female
twinkle2  Female  Hertfordshire 6-Jan-2019 22:23 Message #4732902
Hello Pboro Trevor,

As I didn't put any decorations or tree up this year I just have cards to take down. It's surprising how much dust accumulates on decorations isn't it?

(((HUGS)))
Female
twinkle2  Female  Hertfordshire 6-Jan-2019 22:25 Message #4732903
Hello Victoriana11,

I expect you'll be glad when it's all finished. You're right to be cautious about your partner's recent shoulder injury. I'm surprised he is working so soon after his operation.

(((HUGS)))
Female
goldielocks  Female  East Anglia 7-Jan-2019 10:29 Message #4732911
Good (((huggy))) morning ,even if a day late. ...Great to see the huggy thread back... (memo to self)...Huggy thread Sunday is back in action. Love ya guys and dolls.
Phyll x

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »