Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Old Movies

Male
A_man_called_CHIOG  Male  South East London 6-Jan-2019 10:20 Message #4732848
I was checking out freeview tv when it was pointed out to be that just freeview alone shows hundreds of films every month with several channels devoted to particular genres. I was surprised how many old films are shown and wondered how many still enjoyed old films from the 50s and 60s and whether youngsters take an interest.
Male
tumbleweed  Male  Gloucestershire 6-Jan-2019 10:36 Message #4732850
I really enjoy a lot of the old stuff. Some are not my genre, but that is said for all generations of films.

A selection of ones I love watching are the old Ealing comedies, Will Hay films ( with Moore Marriott and Graham Moffatt ), the Carry On's, Old Westerns, 60's spy films, I could go on and on.
Female
Blue-Poppy  Female  East Yorkshire 6-Jan-2019 11:20 Message #4732857
Like Tumbleweed I love lots of the old ones. I don't watch much TV but I do sometimes watch TPTV and that is ALL old films. It's on freeview 81, Sky 328 and freesat 306.
Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd 6-Jan-2019 11:43 Message #4732860
I very rarely watch a film, I much prefer a series, I find with a film I've just started to get to know the characters and the story then its over.
Female
Madness102  Female  South Yorkshire 6-Jan-2019 18:27 Message #4732890
I "blinkin" love old B+W films - those were REAL stories . . . In fact I have only just watch The Scarlwt Pimpernel (c1925 ish?) It was brilliant !!
Male
persona_non_grata  Male  North London 8-Jan-2019 08:12 Message #4732948
I love old movies. This is a fairly recent thing which happened after I watched African Queen and got the bug.
I might have my indoor swimming pool taken out and a small cinema put in its place.
Female
Aely  Female  Hampshire 9-Jan-2019 21:12 Message #4733084
I watched "The L shaped Room" (Leslie Caron) and one of my favourites, "Passport to Pimlico", on Talking Pictures this last week. I still have "In which we Serve" and "There's a Girl in my Soup" waiting on my TIVO box. I have also kept "Boy on a Dolphin" (Sophia Loren and Alan Ladd) and "The African Queen" to watch again. Christmas time I watched the original "Dunkirk" (John Mills), better than the recent version in my opinion, and "Crooks Anonymous" (Julie Christie and Leslie Philips).

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »