Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Chinese

Moon

Male
barney  Male  Surrey 3-Jan-2019 18:55 Message #4732725
The Chinese have landed a probe on the Moon.

Next they want to put a manned spaceship on the Moon so expect a Chinese takeaway opening up there soon.
Handy for Astronauts on their way to Mars etc.
Male
warmundeft  Male  Wrexham 3-Jan-2019 20:55 Message #4732736
Note: 'twas the far side of the Moon where it's not so easy to see.

Wasn't it good of NASA to let the Chinese use the same film set in order to portray another fake moon landing ?

But if real, could this be a further manifestation of the Belt & Road Initiative ?
Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd 4-Jan-2019 10:36 Message #4732749
I just wish they would all work together and pool resourses, space exploration should be something thats done for all of us and not with any nationalist agenda.
Male
Hierophant  Male  East Anglia 4-Jan-2019 10:48 Message #4732752
I would imagine there is far more inter-country cooperation than we think - the media love to stir up this stuff and talk about the space race.
The international space station, as the name implies, is a project involving many countries and I would guess a country can't just fire rockets and satellites into space without involving other countries...
Male
NotHermit  Male  Derbyshire 4-Jan-2019 20:23 Message #4732786
When I was younger, all the astronomy books would show artists impressions of outer planets etc.
Recently I was looking at Pluto, real images taken by the probe "New Horizon".
This is the probe that passed Ultima Thule recently.
The progress of China is impressive in many areas, including space exploration.

If anyone has not looked at Pluto yet, take a look on the NASA website.
Thats NASA, not the Disney website.

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »