Conversation Society, News and Sport
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Sales, Sprouts and the year flying by.

Male
tumbleweed  Male  Gloucestershire 2-Jan-2019 10:46 Message #4732624
I didn't have as many sprouts over the festive period as I hoped I would have. Just some with Christmas dinner, and that is all.

I was then hoping to pick some up in the sales, but I forgot.

And now, it is the 2nd of Jan, the year is flying by, and the sprout sales might have finished. I may have to pay full price. But it will be worth it. I would actually pay double, but don't tell Sprouts R Us that, or they will see me coming.

What are you buying from the sales?
Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd 2-Jan-2019 11:14 Message #4732627
Probably some new vinyl for the hall floor and some trousers, I don't really need anything else.
Female
Victoriana11  Female  Buckinghamshire 2-Jan-2019 11:20 Message #4732628
some doors, kitchen cupboards, fridge, freezer, w/m, d/w + + to replace ones wrecked by ex tenants... grrr... grrr..
Male
tsunamiwarrior  Male  Hertfordshire 2-Jan-2019 11:29 Message #4732632
I’m after a mid size but good quality tv. A pvr recorder and possibly a sound bar. I don’t watch much tv but think I might have a change of heart if the weather turns nasty.
Male
tsunamiwarrior  Male  Hertfordshire 2-Jan-2019 11:35 Message #4732634
..and sprouts. I forgot the sprouts.
Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd 2-Jan-2019 11:36 Message #4732635
I've got a pvr recorder and I couldn't imagine life without one now, I record anything on a commercial channel so as I can ffw through the adverts, theres no more missing the first or last 5 mins of something. Not all pvr boxes are equal though so get a good one, mines a humax and I definately get another rather than the cheaper alternatives that randomly decide not to record stuff.
Male
MrQuiet  Male  Northamptonshire 2-Jan-2019 11:38 Message #4732636
I have heard good things about Humax. Not watching adverts is a big bonus and if you record everything you can watch it at your leisure. I might even watch a soap
Male
tsunamiwarrior  Male  Hertfordshire 2-Jan-2019 11:40 Message #4732637
Watching a Corrie or Eastenders might be a step too far lol.
Male
OnlineMSE  Male  Essex 2-Jan-2019 11:54 Message #4732638
I've had my Humax for about 5 years and I use it for recording Freeview stuff on the tv upstairs and it's very well used and virtually full up, and is very handy given that my SKY+ box is nearly always full up too.
Richer Sounds is a good place to get a good deal on a Humax.
Try Richer Sounds too for a soundbase (Cambridge Audio), better than a sound bar as the sub-woofer is usually built in rather than having to have a separate box that has to be hidden away in a corner.
Female
BunnyGirl  Female  Buckinghamshire 2-Jan-2019 12:36 Message #4732640
Sprouts give you wind ha ha
Female
leogirl  Female  Essex 2-Jan-2019 15:17 Message #4732646
I need a new carpet sweeper. a good old-fashioned one that would not break in 2 when I put a bit of oomp on the sweep.
And I need a find a good, reliable decorator who takes great care in the preparation of the surface
I know that they would not come cheap, but in the end it will safe me a lot of hassle in the end. .

Leogirl.
Female
Bewildered  Female  Norfolk 2-Jan-2019 16:07 Message #4732647
Yep paid full price for my sprouts today lol

I have purchased a new hoover in the sale £30 off ... hope this one lasts longer than a year !!!

was cheeky and took a jumper back ( full priced Xmas present ) for a voucher , then bought the same jumper in the sale and pocketed the the £7 difference

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »