Conversation Arts and Entertainment
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Will you be going out tonight?

Celebrating the New Year?

Male
Son-of-a-Beach  Male  Dorset 31-Dec-2018 22:56 Message #4732488
My little town goes mental on New Year's Eve and a high percentage of folk will, no doubt, already be in fancy dress.

A couple of years ago, The Guardian put Bridport in the top 3 places to see in the New Year. (Its quirky community, its quirkier townsfolk and the general bohemian nature of the market town lends itself to excessive partying).

Things haven't changed and it'll be bedlam between now and 3am when, (at least), my own local watering hole will shut its doors.

I popped down the Hope to load up its media centre with 8 hours of wall to wall 80's music at 6pm this evening ... and, already, it was uncomfortably full.

I say uncomfortably because, although I'm a party animal, New Year adds a certain layer of trepidation ... with some people already being well watered several hours before the chimes of Big Ben.

Some years, for that very reason, I choose to make New Year's Eve a rather quiet affair but tonight, I think I shall chance my arm and join the throng ... though I'm determined to keep myself safe and away from too much madness.

To those of you following my lead, I invite you to stay safe.

To those comfortably warm behind the walls of their own castle, I wish you well.

Chris xxx
Male
fosy  Male  Leicestershire 31-Dec-2018 23:00 Message #4732489
have to stay in because of the bloody fireworks and a dog thats scared of its own shadow...:¬(
Female
BunnyGirl  Female  Buckinghamshire 31-Dec-2018 23:03 Message #4732490
I would love to go out but no one goes out where i live so will have to stay in.

Any offers ha ha
Male
Son-of-a-Beach  Male  Dorset 31-Dec-2018 23:05 Message #4732492
That's very thoughtful though Fosy.

See you on the morrow. :-)
Male
Son-of-a-Beach  Male  Dorset 31-Dec-2018 23:07 Message #4732494
Wish me luck, Bunny ... :-)

Right. I'm gone ... x
Female
joolsy  Female  Essex 31-Dec-2018 23:07 Message #4732495
I was going out to friends house ... Had shower put me new pjs on .. Few brandies and I'm all cosy and lazy ... Told them all to come to mine lol lol
Male
fosy  Male  Leicestershire 31-Dec-2018 23:08 Message #4732496
thoughtful but a bind beech, but as i,ve put in another thread at least i can watch madness on tv.

have a gud un beech !!

night all !
Female
joolsy  Female  Essex 31-Dec-2018 23:11 Message #4732499
Have a brill time beach ...happy new year me darlins ... Lots love xxx
Female
BunnyGirl  Female  Buckinghamshire 31-Dec-2018 23:25 Message #4732503
Have a great time Beach. Think of me all alone while you are having fun ha ha
Female
BunnyGirl  Female  Buckinghamshire 1-Jan-2019 00:07 Message #4732510
Happy New Year to all on this thread and everywhere else.
Female
BunnyGirl  Female  Buckinghamshire 1-Jan-2019 00:57 Message #4732524
Arrive home safely Beach
Male
Son-of-a-Beach  Male  Dorset 1-Jan-2019 04:21 Message #4732539
Home at 04.00 am without incident!

A great night in The Hope ... without any fuss or trouble.

Earthed with friends of 40 years and agreed we were doing well ... to still be partying!

*The regular Beach would have given you several paragraphs painting the picture of my eventful evening whereas Beach Lite spares you the details. :-)
Male
Son-of-a-Beach  Male  Dorset 1-Jan-2019 04:31 Message #4732540
BTW

Bunny. Thank you for your concern ... and, sure, I'm safely home now.

P.S

If you hadn't had breast reduction surgery, I'd have put you on a pedestal, worshiped you and felt I'd found my perfect woman! :-)

Why is life so effing cruel??? :-(
Female
BunnyGirl  Female  Buckinghamshire 1-Jan-2019 06:46 Message #4732543
BTW

Oh well blown that one right out of the door

I had to have the operation as i was getting so many comments from blokes just walking down the road. At work everywhere i went i got commented on how big they were, i could not carry on anymore. Even girls used to say something. Sometimes it did hurt at what they were saying.

I can reassure you i am not small cup. I may even be a 'D' cup as i have to get a large size now as the sizes in the underwear have changed.

Well i feel upset as i really do like you but not a happy start to the New Year so yes it is a effimg
Cruel world. Lol

Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd 1-Jan-2019 11:54 Message #4732558
I was in bed reading, at midnight fireworks starting going off and Bertie had to get on the windowsill so as he could watch, whilst Monty got a freaked out and Boris listened to them, I could what direction they were from as Boris watched the ceiling following thier path with his ears.
Male
SandyBeach  Male  Lincolnshire 1-Jan-2019 17:40 Message #4732596
Nah stayed in as usual, thought about walking up the local, but it was packed last year, could hardly get in the front door let alone ner the bar.

Just me and the cats (and they were fast asleep).

Would be good to have a New Years eve gathering again, not been to one for ages.
Male
SandyBeach  Male  Lincolnshire 1-Jan-2019 17:42 Message #4732597
Nah stayed in as usual, thought about walking up the local, but it was packed last year, could hardly get in the front door let alone ner the bar.

Just me and the cats (and they were fast asleep).

Would be good to have a New Years eve gathering again, not been to one for ages.
Female
BunnyGirl  Female  Buckinghamshire 1-Jan-2019 18:02 Message #4732601
I want all the details Beach of your New Years Eve night out.

It is boring not knowing lol

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »