Conversation Health and Wellbeing
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

New Year Resolutions.

Share yours.

Male
Son-of-a-Beach  Male  Dorset 31-Dec-2018 10:59 Message #4732314
I intend to rename this account Beach Lite in the New Year and reduce the length of my original posts by, at least, 50%.

It's called being succinct!

I wonder how long that'll last. :-)
Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd 31-Dec-2018 11:06 Message #4732315
I don't make new year resolutions, if theres something I want to do or not do, I just do it or not when the energy is there rather than wait for some arbitrary date in the calendar.
Male
tumbleweed  Male  Gloucestershire 31-Dec-2018 11:17 Message #4732316
It's always the same sort of thing. Old rubbish year out, new optimistic year in, get to the end of the year and reflect that it wasn't any different to last year, so get rid of it, then wish new optimistic year again etc etc etc.

I'm being a bit satirical, or sarcastical or sartirical or something, but only a bit.

What's the point in staying up till midnight tonight, then linking hands and singing a song. If I am ready for bed, then bed is where I will be.

I have had some good ones through the years though, mainly just with family and partners etc, but I have also worked many and also just been on my own for some.

With regards to resolutions, I should have a list a mile long, which would at least set me on my way to being a bit of a changed person, but I doubt that is going to happen anytime soon.
Male
zodiac1  Male  Flintshire 31-Dec-2018 12:44 Message #4732321
I tend to agree with what hen said ,

but whereas there could and would have normally been up to 6 or 7 pages of replies , now OTB will be lucky to get 6 or 7 replies and its a sign of the times and a severe lack of interested members...

maybe time to call this the apathy site nowadays.
Female
eurostar  Female  Merseyside 31-Dec-2018 12:52 Message #4732323
Beach, I may read your smaller posts then...…..?..lol
As for resolutions?
Last years was to say yes to every invitation I got, and to be nicer,lol
Well it worked, I was busy all year,cycling, charity runs, meals out, weddings, hen parties, etc etc,
So I,ll make the same resolution for next year.lol. One day the invitations will stop so making the most of them while they are still coming my way.lol and it's ok being nice even through gritted teeth sometimes lol
Happy healthy new year to all x
Female
Lainiepops  Female  Hampshire 31-Dec-2018 15:03 Message #4732331
lose weight
save money for a decent holiday
find a friend to go out and about with.
Female
leogirl  Female  Essex 31-Dec-2018 15:10 Message #4732332
get fit and lose weight .
and learn to be firm with my daughter who uses me just a bit too much for a handy dogsitter,

LEOGIRL.
Female
BunnyGirl  Female  Buckinghamshire 31-Dec-2018 18:00 Message #4732359
Beach, you have to be yourself and just carry on as usual otherwise you will not be 'Beach' and if you want to cut down the size of your post then you could post it in two separate posts. So that it will not be too long all in one go.
Female
BunnyGirl  Female  Buckinghamshire 31-Dec-2018 18:02 Message #4732361
As for my resolutions i want to lose weight and tell this git who keeps coming round my house unwanted to f...off. Sorry for the bad words but that is how i feel right now.
Female
Drusilla  Female  Bedfordshire 31-Dec-2018 18:27 Message #4732373
Probably sounds a bit odd, but mine is to gain weight! Have had a very physical and active job for the last two months and dropped almost a stone. Been stuffing my face with mince pies, Quality Street and loads of fattening stuff all week - and only gained a pound. I feel I'm way too skinny now, so that has to change.
Female
BunnyGirl  Female  Buckinghamshire 31-Dec-2018 18:39 Message #4732382
I'll change with you ha ha
Female
joolsy  Female  Essex 31-Dec-2018 18:48 Message #4732387
Me to drusilla ... Trying to gain weight. Drs orders lol ... High fat diet ... Plenty of doughnuts and milk and lots of protein ... Then I plan to get a bike and work these wobbly legs lol happy new yrs to all xx
Male
Son-of-a-Beach  Male  Dorset 31-Dec-2018 20:38 Message #4732446
Zodiac commented; “but whereas there could and would have normally been up to 6 or 7 pages of replies , now OTB will be lucky to get 6 or 7 replies and its a sign of the times and a severe lack of interested members… “

Ha ha. I couldn’t possibly comment re the above, Zodiac, cos a few months ago, I did promise to cease my bitching about that very topic … and I have kept my word … until referencing it gently in this very sentence!

Lol, Euro. If reducing the verbose nature of my comments earned a welcome comment (or a thought) from your good self, I’d probably treat that as a win! :-)

We have to work with the material we are given, Bunny Girl … and if my, often, comprehensive views on stuff is no longer in vogue, I’m sure I can cut my cloth accordingly.

All of the above was only 151 words (mere small talk) though, sure, it is far less satisfying, (from this end), to skip a stone atop such a shallow conversational puddle but I’m confident I’ll be able to adjust. :-)

Sheep Beach!

Losing himself in the herd.
Female
BunnyGirl  Female  Buckinghamshire 1-Jan-2019 07:55 Message #4732551
Mine has gone out of thr window already so not a good start.

But one thing is i am in the right mood now for that fat ugly bloke who keeps coming to my house.

Male
tumbleweed  Male  Gloucestershire 1-Jan-2019 08:18 Message #4732553
Mine was to learn the new years number off by heart, so that I wouldn't mess it up.

Happy 2018 everyone.

Damn. Failed again!
Female
Cassis  Female  Cambridgeshire 1-Jan-2019 23:29 Message #4732616
DRUSILLA & JOOLSY
Try "Caloreen". It's a tasteless white powder that you can sprinkle on any food to add healthy calories, pretty much as many as you want. It was prescribed to me by my doctor/consultant when my weight dropped a lot. I think it may be peescription only.

EURO
I rarely make resolutions but I did the opposite to you a couple of years or so ago, and tried to say "No" more often to things I really didn't want to do, and to people who took advantage of my natural tendency to help out but never, themselves, reciprocated.
The best resolution I made several years ago was to take up a Shakespearean quote: "To thine own self be true"
Female
Cassis  Female  Cambridgeshire 1-Jan-2019 23:31 Message #4732617
Whoops - a "peescription" would be a whole other thing! :):):)
Male
staBinthedark  Male  central London 22-Jan-2019 18:43 Message #4733841
to make **it loads of money and to keep my spending to a minimum

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »