Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Banana Bread

Delicious

Female
Aely  Female  Hampshire 6-Dec-2018 20:45 Message #4730345
I popped round to my Niece's house to try and get guidance as to a Christmas present for my Gt niece. Not much help there (I'll give her some cash so she can buy what she wants later, probably) but I came back with a large bunch of very ripe bananas she "couldn't use") My daughter took 3 the next day to make banana bread, I ate the least over-ripe one and today I dug out my Mary Berry cookbook (Christmas present a couple of years ago) and made my own banana bread. Oh my, it's good!

4oz softened butter, 8 oz SR flour with an extra teaspoon of baking powder, 6 oz of castor sugar, 2 large eggs, 2 squashy mashed bananas and 2 tbspn of milk, all together in a bowl, well beaten together and baked in a lined loaf tin for 1 hour at Gas 7.

It's a shame my niece doesn't have time to bake. I did think about cutting it in half and dropping some round to her but... Well, they say it's the thought that counts. Perhaps tomorrow - if I haven't pigged it all.
Female
Ilsmileforu  Female  Durham 6-Dec-2018 21:06 Message #4730348
Aely,I used to make it years ago, I thought about two weeks ago I may get around to making one for Christmas as I love it.
Female
Aely  Female  Hampshire 6-Dec-2018 21:09 Message #4730349
ERROR! ERROR! ERROR!

GAS 4 NOT 7
GAS 4
Male
HotOrWot  Male  Lancashire 6-Dec-2018 22:38 Message #4730357
Too late mine’s burnt to a crisp.
Male
tumbleweed  Male  Gloucestershire 6-Dec-2018 22:46 Message #4730360
Too late here as well. After the explosion, my hair is now standing on end, I have a sooty face, and a banana has shot up my nose.
Male
HotOrWot  Male  Lancashire 6-Dec-2018 23:09 Message #4730364
Are you sure it was a banana? I’d double check .
Male
HotOrWot  Male  Lancashire 6-Dec-2018 23:09 Message #4730365
Are you sure it was a banana? I’d double check .
Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd 7-Dec-2018 10:37 Message #4730383
Unfortunately bananas don't like me. I made some really nice Scandi rye and potato bread the other day, but as its a long recipe I'll only post it if someone asks me for it as it will take ages to type.
Male
Hierophant  Male  East Anglia 7-Dec-2018 10:49 Message #4730384
Hmm I think I will give this a go at the weekend - I love bananas but only when they are not too ripe.
Tesco ones ripen in about 2 minutes once you get them home and go black and horrible, I usually throw them away...
Male
OnlineMSE  Male  Essex 7-Dec-2018 12:05 Message #4730389
I often make a Banana Bread loaf.
It's also great to pimp it up with the addition of chopped walnuts &/or sultanas &/or chocolate chips.
It also works well as muffins too.
Female
Victoriana11  Female  Buckinghamshire 7-Dec-2018 12:23 Message #4730392
thanks Aely , will try & make it later if I get time - sounds delish, esp with the walnuts Online

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »