Conversation The Forum
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Not little green men

but are the aliens already here?

Male
A_man_called_CHIOG  Male  South East London 4-Dec-2018 08:32 Message #4730143
Gone are the days of little green men.
An "extremely tiny super-intelligent entity" is the newly proposed idea of what aliens are.
A NASA scientist for the Intelligent Systems Division believes that the current idea of aliens is far too narrow. Silvano P Colombano claims that aliens may have already visited Earth, and humanity just missed it.

Is it so unlikely?
Female
Victoriana11  Female  Buckinghamshire 4-Dec-2018 08:36 Message #4730144
Not unlikely CHIOG, after all, I came from Andromeda

V x
Male
badman  Male  Suffolk 4-Dec-2018 09:37 Message #4730146
We have such a diversity of creatures on this planet. It's hard to believe that they all originated on this world, including humans.
Male
Jeff  Male  East Sussex 4-Dec-2018 10:25 Message #4730148
Fred Hoyle's 1983 book "The Intelligent Universe" is about his theory that life originally came to Earth from outer space, and continues to do so as viruses. For example it has photos of tiny allegedly once-living organisms found within meteorites, and it would explain why in 1948 remote Sardinian shepherds caught flu at the same time as people in towns.

Some in MSE will be familiar with the following from Douglas Adams' "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy":-
"the two opposing battle fleets settled their few remaining differences in order to launch a joint attack on our own Galaxy - now positively identified as the source of the offending remark.
For thousands more years the mighty ships tore across the empty wastes of space and finally dived screaming on to the first planet they came across - which happened to be the Earth - where due to a terrible miscalculation of scale the entire battle fleet was accidentally swallowed by a small dog."

Badman,

There aren't only small dogs. There's a wide variety of dogs.

Victoriana,

Andromeda of MSE lives in Berkshire. I wonder if you visited her.
Female
Judance  Female  Berkshire 4-Dec-2018 10:37 Message #4730149
I'm not sure about aliens ( beings from another world) .. as some of my fellow humans seem to exhibit strange and unexpected behaviours!
Male
tumbleweed  Male  Gloucestershire 4-Dec-2018 11:11 Message #4730153
It's about time that they came up with a different idea.

When anyone 'sees' an alien, they always describe them as being either like ET, or the ones out of 'Close encounters' or something else from the 'films'

The same with alien spacecraft. 'What did it look like?' asks the reporter to the lone person who spotted it. 'Well', they reply, 'it looked a bit like a saucer that was flying'. 'What?', says the reporter,' A bit like a flying saucer then?'. 'Yes', says the lone person, 'either that or it could have been cigar shaped'.

We need more Aliens being spotted, looking a bit different to the films, and some other type of Alien craft as well.
Female
BunnyGirl  Female  Buckinghamshire 4-Dec-2018 15:12 Message #4730157
I think it is a load of rubbish thinking Aliens have already being here and even been in the world years ago. Although some people do seem to be on another planet.
Male
barney  Male  Surrey 4-Dec-2018 15:39 Message #4730158
And they are all wearing odd socks. The ones that are missing from my sock drawer.
Female
Andromeda  Female  Berkshire 4-Dec-2018 15:55 Message #4730159
The secret is out Victoriana hehe. Maybe with my name I really am an alien.
Male
HotOrWot  Male  Lancashire 5-Dec-2018 18:39 Message #4730237
I think there is a strong likelihood that other life exists in the universe and it’s possibly more intelligent than life on Earth.
Female
BlinkinLights  Female  South Yorkshire 6-Dec-2018 00:52 Message #4730290
Yes, I absolutely "blinkin" agree What/Hot
the universe is infinite - and light from other planets and the stars take millions of years to reach us - so surely there is or must have been some form of "life" somewhere else years ago - but what form it took I can only imagine.
I think it is very conceited to think we humans are the only life in the universe.
Male
HotOrWot  Male  Lancashire 6-Dec-2018 20:51 Message #4730346
I’m glad someone agrees with me BlinkinLights lol. I find the subject of alien life a serious and interesting subject.
Male
tumbleweed  Male  Gloucestershire 6-Dec-2018 21:15 Message #4730351
I agree that there is probably something out there, but the chance of us finding anything is massively small ( I'm an oxy moron ), during our lifetimes at least, and by the looks of it, many generations ahead as well. But we will keep looking.

So far we have found there is bugger all on the moon, and bugger all on Mars, although there might have been some water about millions of years ago.

And what is it with all the secrecy? If something was found, they should be shouting it from the rooftops, not keeping it all a big secret that only 'special' people are allowed to know.

And anyone member of the public who thinks they have seen aliens, or been abducted by them, or invited them round for tea are talking cobblers, in my opinion.

If an Alien spacecraft landed in Tesco's car park, then hundreds of people in and around the car park would see it, thousands in and around the area, and there would be so many sightings of it approaching and a timeline surrounding it all. And has any of that happened? It's just usually a solitary person, who swears they haven't had anything to drink, or smoked any funny fags.
Male
tsunamiwarrior  Male  Hertfordshire 11-Dec-2018 07:50 Message #4730630
'Zombie' bacteria hint life on Earth began deep underground‘ so they were here all the time. Interesting article in The Telegraph.

Male
HotOrWot  Male  Lancashire 11-Dec-2018 15:05 Message #4730653
Could it be that earthlings have always lived underground and those of us on the planets surface are the aliens.
Female
RAACH84  Female  Buckinghamshire 14-Dec-2018 08:39 Message #4730820
That sounds like the making of a good film HotOrWot.
Male
HotOrWot  Male  Lancashire 15-Dec-2018 08:02 Message #4730951
You can be my co-star Raach. :)

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »