Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Favourite sites for

xmas presents

Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd 1-Dec-2018 11:38 Message #4729900
Although I can rarely think of anything I want for xmas I love buying gifts for others and make lots of effort to find things that are a bit different and fun. so here are some of my favouties, you'll have to do them all as searches or put three w's in front and dot uk at the end or the site won't let me put the thread up.

Wool Couture, giant knitting, crochet, macrame and weaving, its so lovely and colourful and fun and full of possibilites.

Pachamama, for really good quality hand made ethical knit wear, its not the cheapest but its hard wearing, dosent' go baggy and horrible or shrink when washed.

Etsy, I love etsy, its got so many bits and pieces, it makes me want to be a little girl playing shops in there.

What are yours?
Female
alliez  Female  West Yorkshire 1-Dec-2018 12:13 Message #4729903
Oh I like Etsy too, there's something for everyone there ..

I like notonthehighstreet.com too but it can be pricey so get ideas there and then look for things elsewhere ...

I've bought stocking fillers from Groupon ...
Female
BlinkinLights  Female  South Yorkshire 1-Dec-2018 17:04 Message #4729925
I never shop online - seems to take the fun out of wondering around the brightly coloured shops - but oh those Christmas songs get on me blinkin nerves !!!
Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd 1-Dec-2018 18:09 Message #4729931
We don't have many shops here, even in Bangor and even fewer that sell anything different or unusual, but xmas songs drive me mental, one of the good things about online shopping is no xmas music.

I know what you mean about notonthehighstreet, I thought it was a bit pricey too, I like the way they and etsy have so many small sellers, most of the stuff is different and unusual and not all that expensive, it depends on what you want, I love the jewelery sections, its anything from pocket money prices to serious pieces for a wedding or something.
Female
Phoenixnights  Female  Nottinghamshire 1-Dec-2018 22:07 Message #4729948
For 'booky' gifts I like thelierarygiftcompany.com and thelieraryemporium.co.uk.

Am also a fan of both Notonthehighstreet and Etsy. They have a variety of lovely things. I've just ordered a 'knit your own Ross Poldark kit' from Etsy. Its the nearest I'll ever get to the real thing !

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »