Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

New Year ..

... would anyone be interested?

Female
Judance  Female  Berkshire 29-Nov-2018 11:26 Message #4729709
After spending Christmas with my son and family, I'm finding that I'll be on my own at New Year. No big deal really, but I just wondered if anyone else in the same situation fancied getting together?
I'm thinking of renting a holiday cottage for 4 nights (or other?) where we can meet up and spend time / cook meals/go for walks or just mooch about generally. Suggested dates would be Sat 29th Dec leaving on Jan 2nd and the location would depend on who wants to come.

For obvious reasons, I would need a definite response so a booking can be made. A quick look this morning shows that there are properties available for varied prices.

I've not put this in the meet-ups as I'm just testing the water.

If you are interested, please indicate below and send me a pm stating how far you are prepared to travel and what your budget would be.
If there is enough interest, I'll put up a Meet thread with suggestions for location and price and definite bookings with a deposit.

so ... what do you say?
Female
wholelottakaren  Female  Lincolnshire 29-Nov-2018 12:56 Message #4729715
I would have been interested but made plans for a local night out now
Female
Judance  Female  Berkshire 29-Nov-2018 20:21 Message #4729750
Glad you have something planned Karen.
Male
brisinger  Male  Lancashire 29-Nov-2018 21:37 Message #4729757
Hmm! It's a hard one to judge at the mo'. I'd love to in order to get some respite. PM'd you.
Female
twinkle2  Female  Hertfordshire 29-Nov-2018 22:26 Message #4729764
Judance,
I might have been up for this but have been called for jury service on 2nd January plus it's my youngest grandchild's birthday on 31st December. Nice idea though.
Male
warmundeft  Male  Wrexham 29-Nov-2018 22:32 Message #4729768
Toes in water. PM on it's way.
Female
Judance  Female  Berkshire 30-Nov-2018 08:15 Message #4729776
Thanks to those who have responded on here and by pm.

I have 2 definites and 2 possibles so far. If you are considering this at all, please get in touch so planning can begin.
Female
BlinkinLights  Female  South Yorkshire 30-Nov-2018 23:32 Message #4729863
Nice idea Ju, but I would rather "stopathome"

Hope it gets off the ground and good time had by all.
Female
Judance  Female  Berkshire 3-Dec-2018 16:34 Message #4730080
Just bumping the thread up .. If no-one else is interested then I'll not put up a meet.

However, happy to chat with those who've already been in touch to see what can be arranged.

Now or never, folks

Ju
Male
SandyBeach  Male  Lincolnshire 3-Dec-2018 17:12 Message #4730083
Would have loved to be able to consider it, but I have a 60th birthday celebration to go to on the 30th...my Sister's.

I shall probably be working on NYE and NYD too, people gotta have their pizzas.
Female
peacelovingwoman  Female  West Sussex 9-Dec-2018 15:13 Message #4730508
Hello

I know I'm late to the party but I'm on my own NYE and this sounds a lovely idea. I live on the south coast in Sussex and would only travel about 50 miles at that time of year due to unpredictable weather which may push me out of the party. The New Forest is beautiful as is the Isle of Purbeck in Dorset. Where do you have in mind...?

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »