Conversation The Forum
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

The OTB show

Is it really that way?

1 2 Next >  Last >> 

Male
OTB  Male  Dorset 25-Nov-2018 03:42 Message #4729335
Tsunami described my contributions to the forum that way.

What do you think?
Female
BunnyGirl  Female  Buckinghamshire 25-Nov-2018 03:59 Message #4729337
So you like to make sure you are noticed and come in with volcanic moves.
Male
OTB  Male  Dorset 25-Nov-2018 04:11 Message #4729338
Hi Bunny,

Thanks for the instant response :-)
Female
BunnyGirl  Female  Buckinghamshire 25-Nov-2018 04:14 Message #4729339
Yes must try and get some sleep ha ha
Male
OTB  Male  Dorset 25-Nov-2018 04:30 Message #4729341
Sleep is a mystery all of its own.

Are dreams a window into the million possible alternatives to the stuff we decide to do?
Male
OTB  Male  Dorset 25-Nov-2018 04:55 Message #4729346
I like you, Bunny.

You are OLD but ... you have a wonderful, very attractive, demeanour about you. :-)

Me?

I am only just embracing the concept of being OLD and the experience has presented itself as some brand new, as yet, unexplored vast continent of being that I had no forward warning of.

I don't like it.

I never planned for it.

Nevertheless ... I have to deal with it.

Being OLD is something I never imagined happening to me :-)

But ...

Bunny.

You do OLD very well.

The above was intended as a BIG compliment.

I'd understand it if you missed my point but ... I'm hoping you get what I am saying. :-)
Male
OTB  Male  Dorset 25-Nov-2018 05:01 Message #4729347
Back to this post

Tsunami described my contributions to the forum that way.

What do you think?
Male
OTB  Male  Dorset 25-Nov-2018 05:06 Message #4729348
Sorry. Missed out stuff.

I meant to reproduce

The OTB show
Is it really that way?
Male
tumbleweed  Male  Gloucestershire 25-Nov-2018 06:19 Message #4729352
My humble opinion is a bit damned if you do, damned if you don't.

I have been critical of the site on quite a few occasions, and have often been what I consider constructive in saying what I feel is needed.

It sometimes bursts into life, in short doses, and has so much potential to be a really great site, with good morals and rules and regulations. Some of the stuff out there in internet land can be absolutely vile.

It is often really frustrating to log on here, and find...well, nobody...and if there is anybody, they have just added to the 'next letter of the alphabet' thread...with the next letter of the alphabet...and nothing else...they just log out and that is that, until they log back in again in a day or two, or week or two, and add another letter to that same thread. Obviously, that is up to them, everyone to their own and all that, but it is easy, in my opinion, to see that the site needs more.

It is up to each of us to provide that 'more'. Nobody should be expected to do it on their own, which is why I have often said that the site needs more people, of all ages ( adults only, obviously ), posting at all times night and day. Workers who finish at midnight, for instance, and fancy adding to a 'vibrant' online site, that is full f life through the night. People need to feel they are 'missing out', if they don't join in, however small their contribution. Adding another letter to the 'adding another letter thread' would be great, if it was surrounded by all sorts of other stuff.

But sadly, it is not to be. And we come back to the original topic. I like some of OTB's contributions, he tries to breath a bit of life into an often 'morgue' type situation. But I also see a lot of the frustration come out at times, maybe caused by many things, but, in my opinion, some caused by the lack of people on here, or something along those lines, and when people are frustrated, their posts often reflect that. It is good to read OTB's interesting and 'non frustrated' posts. Some of the other ones he does, can often seem a bit strange, but not to be taken too seriously. Trying to get reactions from the 'morgue' again.

Anyway that's my thoughts for the moment. I got up for a wee, and have now written all this.

Happy posting everybody.
Female
Phoenixnights  Female  Nottinghamshire 25-Nov-2018 07:18 Message #4729354
I like you, OTB , and usually like your posts. Time restraints mean that I don't get to reply to many and ,to be honest, if I don't have a reasonable knowledge of a subject then I tend no to comment.

At one time you would be shot down in flames for expressing an unpopular opinion, although I think maybe that isn't so prevalent nowadays.

I do appreciate those who do post regularly to keep up interest in the site and try to comment when I can. If it mainly one person posting , does it matter ? As long as it keeps people's interest then it's all good.
Female
BunnyGirl  Female  Buckinghamshire 25-Nov-2018 07:42 Message #4729358
I like you too OTB as you are very straight forward and eccentric at that which is appealing in its self.

I understand what you are saying about being Old either you commit to suicide to,which is extreme or just take it in your stride. You yourself look good for 62 so not sure what you are worried about! Maybe you think you are will not be attractive enough as you get older but i csnnot see it myself. If you look after yourself and be healthy then there is nothing to worry about. Accept everything and be happy.

I rhink you bring out all my inner self as it has been cooped up long enough as most people have no though of life at all.
Female
RAACH84  Female  Buckinghamshire 25-Nov-2018 07:44 Message #4729359
Not quite the OTB show but this thread does sum you up. When you add to a thread you are self indulgent and appear most interested in talking about you and your surroundings and your past and your ... all about you.
But we are all different people and anything which keeps the forum alive is welcomed.
Female
BunnyGirl  Female  Buckinghamshire 25-Nov-2018 07:46 Message #4729361
Also you said you want to reprodoce !

Hope you don't mean 'children' ha ha

Only joking lol
Female
BunnyGirl  Female  Buckinghamshire 25-Nov-2018 08:08 Message #4729362
By the way what does OTB short for.?

Could be On the Beach

Male
TheSarcasticOne  Male  Essex 26-Nov-2018 00:47 Message #4729491
I'd have to go with;

Owfully Tailored Boxers, spoken in a Two Ronnies way.
Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd 26-Nov-2018 12:05 Message #4729525
What Raach said, sorry OTB, there are times when I enjoy your posts and find them intellectually challenging, but there are many that I find are about you trying to show off how clever you are and where you don't actually seem that interested in engaging with others, especially if others don't know what you're talking about.
Female
eurostar  Female  Merseyside 26-Nov-2018 19:07 Message #4729548
my opinion is the same as RAACH54
Female
eurostar  Female  Merseyside 26-Nov-2018 19:08 Message #4729549
Or even RAACH 84...………..LOL
Female
Victoriana11  Female  Buckinghamshire 26-Nov-2018 19:58 Message #4729553
After reading many of your posts OTB, you frequently mention that you are looking for a lady with big boobies, you have mentioned it a lot. I often wonder if you are seeking a mother figure... thats how you come across to me.
Female
Minnie-the-Minx  Female  Hertfordshire 26-Nov-2018 20:06 Message #4729555
If I remember rightly, he said it was like the Jeff and OTB show.

And it did look a bit like Punch and Judy

I'll leave it up to you to decide which is which.

But the crocodile and the constable didn't even get a look in.
Male
HotOrWot  Male  Lancashire 26-Nov-2018 21:11 Message #4729564
Ohhh yes he didn’t! Behind you!
Male
NotHermit  Male  Derbyshire 27-Nov-2018 17:20 Message #4729608
frequently mention you are looking for a lady with big boobies
I have noticed this too Vic, he is not looking for a mother figure, just big boobies..
The posts are still quite long, bearing in mind he can only type those one handed.

Who said men are unable to multi task?
Female
JustLyn  Female  Cheshire 27-Nov-2018 20:04 Message #4729619
I haven't seen the tsunami comment, but I think all the posts we all make are about ourselves, after all, that is our contribution and perspective to the comments of others.

I think you have the capability to see a perspective from someone else's view, something many other people lack. I suspect you have a high level of intuition, reading between the lines, not just the written words. Seeing in greys rather than black and white?

Maybe some are a bit jealous of your originality and posts off the usual piste. I don't always join in, but mostly I appreciate your contributions and was glad to see you back. I find you are good with words where I often have some trouble expressing what I am trying to say.
Male
OTB  Male  Dorset 5-Dec-2018 01:05 Message #4730198
A BIG thank you for all of your collective thoughts.

I agree with every comment on this thread and confess that (considering the perspective by which you each view your own world), your assessments of my own contribution to Midsummer (positive or otherwise) are quite accurate.

There is an unsettling irony to this particular response though, in as much as (as is my style of writing) I would normally use my own anecdotes or personal asides to pad out or create a textual landscape from which a theme of one of my posts would grow.

Am I meaning to be self indulgent for the sake of it … or to feed my own ego? Or am I attempting to tease out YOUR personal, intimate, thoughts by sharing my own?

At this very point, it would be completely natural for me to add a paragraph or two regarding some personal view or attempt to intertwine some delightful aside (or endearing point) to inspire a fellow reader/contributor to share a similar, enthralling story with fellow MSE’rs.

Sure, in these latter years, I have found it extremely frustrating to muster up an enthusiasm to present what I would wish to be an interesting post (for others) simply based on the finite, (reduced) number of Midsummer contributors these days though, sometimes, while out fishing or doing other stuff, I get an idea and begin formulating a potential Midsummer post as I walk … experiencing a very satisfying anticipation of sharing my thoughts (later) with you guys.

And look … Despite trying very hard to write this without referencing my own little life, I’ve already mentioned fishing and being out in the world walking!!

Truth is … I’ve been writing (in such an autobiographical way) for 15+ years on this site and, weirdly, you online strangers probably know more about my life than even most of my real life, everyday, friends!

Heartbreak. Mental illness. Addiction (A family member). Personal aspirations. Inspirational people. Breakthroughs in innovation and invention. Colonies on Mars. The brevity of LIFE?

How can an original post (presenting such profound concepts or ideas) be easily draped across any online watering hole without, at the very least, easing a reader into such ideas other than by offering an example by its author?

I’ll end by saying, “What am I supposed to do?” because without starting an original post with a PRE-AMBLE designed to set the scene or theme of such a topic, deep and meaningful posts (or left-field post) are prone to die at birth … or just fly over the head of a reader.

Making such a post approachable (by adding a personal slant) has always been my way.

OK. I’m losing my touch and no longer produce the calibre of post I feel I once used to but our world is far more fascinating and full of intrigue than mere contemporary headline news.

Thanks Midsummer. It’s probably time for me to explore some other online universe. x
Female
BunnyGirl  Female  Buckinghamshire 5-Dec-2018 06:03 Message #4730199
You seem to be worried about what people say on here. To me you are unique in the way you write on these forums. I wish i had the way of expression myself but i have not. That is why i do not write books. I would like to write a book especially about my life as so much as happened during my life time. I would not worry what people say as you will always get people who are jealous not just you but some people in general.

1 2 Next >  Last >> 

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »