Conversation Dating and Relationships
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Does this site actually work?

1 2 Next >  Last >> 

Female
Lulu70  Female  South East London 24-Nov-2018 23:20 Message #4729326
Hello All,

I've just seen that my profile is "offline and in a queue to be reviewed"

Who reviews the profiles, or have they abandoned ship a long time ago?
Male
tumbleweed  Male  Gloucestershire 24-Nov-2018 23:37 Message #4729327
There's probably more chance of Leonardo DiCaprio popping back up and getting a piggyback ashore from Kate Winslet, so that he can review the profiles, than there is of seeing Admin around.

I tried to contact them in August and the beginning of September, through the 'contact us' thing, and I am still waiting for replies to both. I have heard absolutely nothing from them at all. And one of the queries was to do with my account being potentially hacked, and the amount of 'scammers' there seems to be online at various times.

Obviously of no importance to them. It is a free site though, so we can't expect much. Other than all our details being passed around the world.
Male
vanman  Male  Cambridgeshire 25-Nov-2018 01:06 Message #4729328
Just clicked on your name and your profile popped up, so it's obviously on line, and on show to anyone that wants to know all about you! lol.
Male
OTB  Male  Dorset 25-Nov-2018 02:59 Message #4729330
Ha ha, Lulu. :-)

Just pack your bags and head to Bridport and let me show you a magical world, (of which I am a part), prior to you recklessly falling in love with me and my extraordinarily quirky and unusual little part of West Dorset! :-)
Male
OTB  Male  Dorset 25-Nov-2018 03:02 Message #4729331
But ... to answer your question.

NO.

This site is on life support.
Male
HotOrWot  Male  Lancashire 25-Nov-2018 08:14 Message #4729364
It depends what you are looking for. If you enjoy chatting to the same small group of people with just the occasional new arrival or even the occasional opportunity to date then yes the site works.
Female
RoseyCheeks  Female  Nottinghamshire 25-Nov-2018 11:55 Message #4729404
On a technical level - barely - it doesn't seem to have the input from the developers that it once did - but socially it's what the members make it and I think a lot love the site for the people here.

On a dating level, yes, again, what people make it, being brave enough to meet up and giving people a chance to prove themselves worthy! I have been to 3 weddings of people I know from here and know of more. Distance can be a problem though.
Female
BunnyGirl  Female  Buckinghamshire 25-Nov-2018 15:42 Message #4729437
I talk to alot of people on this site but met one guy from here and that was a mistake yuk

Apart from that never had a real date for yonks. Get alot of views but that is it.

So now i just give up on dates. Boo hoo ha ha
Male
AndyMacG  Male  the West Midlands 25-Nov-2018 16:04 Message #4729441
Well, like most site you make of it what you want and it either works or it doesn’t, the site was a lot more active in the past and there were lots of group meets, i have attended two weddings of people who met on this site as i also did the photography for them and i know of a few more,
I have been to lots of group meets and met lots of folk some of whom are no longer on this site but still in touch on other media,
I have also had one or two dates but again they are what you make of them as once you have met the site has already done its bit,
Like RoseyCheeks says distance can be a problem but that again is entirely what the individual people make of it.
The site may not be what it used to be but its far from finished in my mind anyway :)

Andy Mac
Male
Brian12  Male  Greater Manchester 25-Nov-2018 16:51 Message #4729448
Up find someone don’t worry
Female
Andromeda  Female  Berkshire 26-Nov-2018 07:14 Message #4729505
That’s not very nice BunnyGirl. I have met several men from this site and they have all been very pleasant even if no romance.
Female
Lulu70  Female  South East London 26-Nov-2018 10:25 Message #4729513
Thanks for all your replies folks,

My OP was in regard to the technical side of the site as I don't seem to be able to send personal messages to anyone.
Not to worry, it's still nice to be able to post on the forums.
Female
Bewildered  Female  Norfolk 26-Nov-2018 10:25 Message #4729514
I have had some helpful advice with anything from my car to heating

A lovely lady has gone out her way to get me info from Ancestry for which I am so grateful

had a few dates, NONE have been yuk, all have been polite but too far away to take any further .

It would be nice if the site was busier so more chance to make friends closer to home.

I may be wrong, but have always felt that the guys on here are more genuine than other sites where you have sift through all the players and time wasters.
Female
Lulu70  Female  South East London 26-Nov-2018 10:42 Message #4729515
Hi Bewildered,

That's really good to here.
And, yes I agree the guys on here do seem pretty genuine (and the women also)

Male
Shaun63  Male  Herefordshire 26-Nov-2018 10:59 Message #4729517
I was wondering if this site does work.. I am quite new to this type of friendship, dating..
Female
BunnyGirl  Female  Buckinghamshire 26-Nov-2018 14:27 Message #4729537
Andromeda,

You have been very lucky then when meeting guys. But they were not the ones i've met ha ha
Male
badman  Male  Suffolk 26-Nov-2018 16:13 Message #4729538
I've been on this site for over 10 years and have met lots of lovely ladies. I've had a 3 year relationship with a marvelous lady whom I'm still very good friends with.
So yes, it does work. Even if you don't find a lover, there are many friends to gain.
Female
BunnyGirl  Female  Buckinghamshire 26-Nov-2018 18:38 Message #4729547
I may chat to alot of people on this site but i am not meeting them for coffee and chat that is the difference. Really everyone are just pen pals lol
Male
HotOrWot  Male  Lancashire 26-Nov-2018 21:12 Message #4729565
I think this is a good site. Not as busy as it was but still good.
Female
Minnie-the-Minx  Female  Hertfordshire 26-Nov-2018 22:40 Message #4729573
In terms of working or not, I reckon it is pretty well like the inmates, bits dropping off all over the place, due to wear, age and over use.
Female
RoseyCheeks  Female  Nottinghamshire 27-Nov-2018 07:59 Message #4729586
Until you've seen AndyMac dressed up as a monk you're not a seasoned MSEr lol

Quick wave to Badders too!

(Ria's Medieval Birthday Weekend Meet & Banquet at St Briavels Castle - classic MSE)
Female
RAACH84  Female  Buckinghamshire 27-Nov-2018 08:05 Message #4729587
It's friendlier here than most sites I've known. I've met some very nice people on mse.
Male
badman  Male  Suffolk 27-Nov-2018 09:27 Message #4729593
Hello Rosie. X
Male
AndyMacG  Male  the West Midlands 27-Nov-2018 21:30 Message #4729623
Ha ha ha Rosey, that must have been one of the best meets i have been to and it was only recently i learnt that St Briavels Castle in Gloucestershire is one of the most haunted places in the Uk, thank god i didn’t know that before i went there, lol

Andy Mac
Male
connexkev  Male  East Sussex 28-Nov-2018 01:44 Message #4729636
Hi Lulu. Your profile is visible and you should get a message soon saying your profile is now online, as it happened to me a while ago. The message system will take a while longer.

1 2 Next >  Last >> 

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »