Conversation Help and Advice
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Downloading photos to my profile

How do I do this

Female
Weatherwax15  Female  Buckinghamshire 8-Nov-2018 09:19 Message #4728189
I have tried several times with several photos but I cannot download anything on to my profile. Anyone got any hints please? I am using an Ipad.
Pippa
Male
OTB  Male  Dorset 8-Nov-2018 09:47 Message #4728190
Are you attempting to upload, (not download), a photo in the WRONG format type? (Midsummer states it only accepts JPG images).

Check that your images are JPG images and not PNG or BMP or some other format.

Try uploading images from a regular PC rather than your horrible, idiosyncratic, ipad thing.
Male
OTB  Male  Dorset 8-Nov-2018 09:51 Message #4728191
P.S.

Is your Devil's tablet a new or recent one or an older model? (Older devices may throw up all sorts of issues for obvious reasons).
Female
Weatherwax15  Female  Buckinghamshire 9-Nov-2018 16:17 Message #4728271
It is an older model. I will go to my big pc and try on there. Thank you.
Male
OTB  Male  Dorset 9-Nov-2018 17:31 Message #4728272
Using an old ipad means using its outdated operating system and a browser equally outdated so, cross fingers, if you use your big pc you'll, likely, be able to upload photos to your profile. (Unless your big pc is also based on an older, redundant operating system like XP or Vista).

Good luck.

Let us know if the uploads work when attempted on a regular PC. :-)
Female
Weatherwax15  Female  Buckinghamshire 10-Nov-2018 11:20 Message #4728318
I have managed to download one photo but all the selfies I have taken with my Ipad wont load . I suspect they are not Jpeg. I will have to get someone to take some with my proper camera! What a faff!
Male
OTB  Male  Dorset 10-Nov-2018 12:35 Message #4728320
Throw the ipad in the bin and replace it with a perfectly adequate Samsung or similar tablet for quarter the price of an ipad. It might not feel quite as sexy but it would do all of the same tasks ... without always hassling you for I.D or demanding you do things its way! :-)
Female
Weatherwax15  Female  Buckinghamshire 12-Nov-2018 16:06 Message #4728437
My Ipad was given to me by my brother. I can’t just ditch it as it would hurt his feelings. Buying a different one is not an option at the moment anyway. Christmas is coming and I have grandchildren to buy for!
Male
MrQuiet  Male  Northamptonshire 12-Nov-2018 16:11 Message #4728438
Keep your Ipad Weatherwax as they are still one of the best tablets on the market in almost every respect. They can cost a bit more to purchase but well worthwhile.
Female
BunnyGirl  Female  Buckinghamshire 25-Nov-2018 04:30 Message #4729342
I deleted my account then have come back and now i cannot seem to upload my photos anymore.

It keeps saying that the entity is too large but they are all thr same size and have done it before but now i cannot.

Help ha ha

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »