Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Looks like the drought is over!

Wet, wet, wet

Female
Aely  Female  Hampshire 15-Oct-2018 14:32 Message #4727015
So much rain yesterday and it's raining again. Everything is soaked. Chilly too.
Female
Nemesis  Female  Dorset 15-Oct-2018 17:05 Message #4727020
And it's so grey and dark. I hate this weather. Bring back the hot hot sunshine I say.

Must nearly be time for turning the heating on.
Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd 15-Oct-2018 18:35 Message #4727021
We had it friday and saturday two days of torrential rain, like someone emptying a bucket and thursday we had gale force winds, it's been nice today and yesterday though, I've been out tidying up the garden. We've had our heating on a few evenings now, last night was really quite cold, but at least I can sleep, I for one found the heat over the summer far to much especially for sleeping, good for tomatoes but not much else.
Female
Aely  Female  Hampshire 15-Oct-2018 19:41 Message #4727025
My outdoor cucumbers really liked it as well. WH.

Yesterday was so overcast and dark with the rain that there was no time during the day when I could read without a light on. I have been having the heat on spasmodically over the past couple of weeks, interspersed with days when doors and windows could be left open to enjoy the warmth. So changeable.

Hopefully with all the rain here in the past 3 days it will have got more than an inch or so below the surface at last.
Female
eurostar  Female  Merseyside 15-Oct-2018 19:55 Message #4727026
lol sorry aely I have such a filthy mind...………...I thought you were referring to something other than the weather...……..lol.lol.lol

its dry in Liverpool btw..lol
Male
Hierophant  Male  East Anglia 15-Oct-2018 20:05 Message #4727029
lol lol

I've got a hosepipe ban...
Male
MrQuiet  Male  Northamptonshire 28-Oct-2019 06:30 Message #4760675
A year later and still the stereotypical British weather prevails.

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »