Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Huggy thread

Come and get them

Female
twinkle2  Female  Hertfordshire 19-Aug-2018 09:34 Message #4723498
Good morning everyone,

It's been a busy week for me since coming back from holiday. My sister is currently staying so I took her to see the new Mamma Mia film which we both enjoyed, then off to Flamstead Scarecrow Festival on Friday taking my elderly friend with us. Although we didn't find all the scarecrows it was good fun and good exercise too. We spent time out in the garden yesterday repotting the runner beans, taking penstemon cuttings and having a general tidy up. Last night we went out for a yummy carvery dinner with another friend. Today I need to get packed as I am taking her home via my youngest son's work, then staying for a few days.

It's a bit grey and overcast here, a bit of a breeze too. What are you all up to today?

(((HUGS)))
Male
elrond  Male  the Highlands and Islands of Scotland 19-Aug-2018 09:41 Message #4723499
G'morning Twinkle (((hugs)))
total overcast here as well. where is the sun?

(((hugs))) to all who follow
Male
Pboro Trevor  Male  Cambridgeshire 19-Aug-2018 10:09 Message #4723503
Good morning Twinkle and all Sunday Huggers

Been to see Mama Mia Here We Go Again - again - lol

Been a fairly steady week - cadets and gardening - spot of shopping a a few errands run

Hugs to all

Trevor
Female
jennifer  Female  Gloucestershire 19-Aug-2018 10:44 Message #4723506
Good morning, Twinkle and all fellow Sunday Huggers

Glad you have had a good few days with your sister, Twinkle. Enjoy the next few away.

I've had another week being messed around by the guy I employed to take down my old shed and put up a new one. Tomorrow I go into week 5 of trying to get him to do the work. First, the new shed wasn't delivered to me as expected. Took him another week to get a delivery and then he said it had gone to his address. That left me somewhat at his mercy! If he had my shed which I paid for, he can mess me around as much as he likes, unless I don't mind losing £300, and he has messed me around. His excuses this week for messing around ... Tuesday .. couldn't come because he was knackered after being up all night feeding puppies ... Wednesday.. got the old shed down but had to go home and get a bigger van to take the rubbish away and I never saw him again that day ... Thursday .. it was raining ... Friday .. IT WAS HIS BIRTHDAY AND SO HE COULDN'T COME!

Wish me luck for week 5!

I hope everyone has a good day doing what makes them feel good.
Female
leogirl  Female  Essex 19-Aug-2018 12:15 Message #4723520
good morning Twinkle. {{HUGS}}} to you and all Sunday Huggers {{{ HUGS }}} HUGS {{{HUGS}}}
Glad you had an enjoyable time with your sister and friend. Make the most of the summer days even if they may be somewhat overcast.
Here in Boreham a meager watery sun is breaking through , but pleasantly warm .

This morning I had somebody to have a look at my 20 year old garden house . Needs a lot of work done to it .I have decided I wanted a different type garden , more like a smaller cosy tea house .
The garden house will be dismantled and rubbish carted away in return for the old garden house. As there is no money involved and I know the person I am happy. The garden has to have the lawn seen to, scrubs that have died taken out - a real make over. Less work for me

As I will need some sort of shelter for the party next Saturday I cleaned the inside and outside of the garden house, even hoovered the old carpet. It knackered and blocked up the Dyson , but with some effort, a knitting needle, some sink un-blocker, a pickle fork and a flexible length of wire I unblocked the machine !

I AM , OF COURSE, A GENIOUS

have a lovely Sunday
Leogirl

My son is coming in a few hours time and will stay for a days to celebrate my birthday . After he has returned to his abode a friend from the Netherlands is coming for a week. He will help me to set up for the party on Saturday the 25th providing I keep him in beer! .
Female
twinkle2  Female  Hertfordshire 19-Aug-2018 19:24 Message #4723552
Hello elrond,
It was quite sunny in Oxfordshire thus afternoon.
(((HUGS)))
Female
Victoriana11  Female  Buckinghamshire 19-Aug-2018 19:39 Message #4723553
Belated hugs as usual. I was up with a lark and off at 6.45am Went to 2 CB sales, viewed another 2 houses and then came back to change clothes and off to a triple birthday party afternoon, which was lovely apart from an unwelcome drone which kept hovering over us all in the garden.

(((hugs))) V x
Female
twinkle2  Female  Hertfordshire 19-Aug-2018 19:44 Message #4723555
Hello Pboro Trevor,

I'd be happy to see Mama Mia again even with the sad bit towards the end. It's another feel good film :)

Steady is good and the temperatures have been more bearable. I hope you have a good week to come.

(((HUGS)))
Female
twinkle2  Female  Hertfordshire 19-Aug-2018 19:47 Message #4723556
Hello jennifer,

It sounds as if the shed guy is playing you. Have you paid him any money yet? Hopefully not. Did you order the shed? I hope he comes good in the end. Hopefully you didn't find him on Trust a trader.

(((HUGS)))
Female
twinkle2  Female  Hertfordshire 19-Aug-2018 19:52 Message #4723557
Hello leogirl,

Unfortunately due to a missed message we didn't see my younger son so having driven out of our way we then had to retrace some of our steps to get down to sunny Salisbury. My son did offer to drive over to us but it would've taken about 40 minutes for him to get to us. He'll just have to wait a bit longer for my sister's Xmas present from last year.

Hopefully you don't have the same person dealing with your garden house as jennifer does. You are certainly resourceful.

Have a lovely time with your son and friend. I hope your celebrations go well next weekend.

(((HUGS)))
Female
twinkle2  Female  Hertfordshire 19-Aug-2018 19:54 Message #4723559
Hello Victoriana11,

We passed quite near to your neck of the woods en route to here.

A triple birthday party. Does that mean three cakes? Was the drone controlled by someone at the party?

(((HUGS)))
Female
leogirl  Female  Essex 19-Aug-2018 22:59 Message #4723562
Victoriana/Was it a drone/ Are you sure it was not a clay pigeon needing to be shot at?

leogirl.
Female
jennifer  Female  Gloucestershire 20-Aug-2018 09:09 Message #4723568
I got him from Rated People, Twinkle. Thought I'd be as assured as was possible when engaging a tradesman.

He is here this morning. Rang me at 7.30 to say that rain was bucketing down where he was. Think that was meant for me to say, ok, accept can't come today. I didn't. Even when I had a quick shower or rain over my house, I still didn't ring to tell him.

Wish me luck!!
Female
Victoriana11  Female  Buckinghamshire 20-Aug-2018 20:12 Message #4723619
The triple birthday party was for three in dividuals so it was 'busy' but nice. The drone came from up the road somewhere and was a bliddy nuisance. It was noisy and kept dive-bombing. It was very low too which was a bit worrying I had never seen one before. I also had flashing lights.

Jennifer, he sounds like a pain in the butt

Female
Sea Urchin  Female  Essex 20-Aug-2018 20:19 Message #4723622
Hello Twinkle and all Sunday Huggers.
Can Sunday (((Hugs))) come on Monday instead? Have been at 'The Purbeck Valley Festival' all weekend without wi-fi etc. Anyway just to send everyone som warm Monday (( (Hugs))) to everyone.

(((Hugs))) (((Hugs))) (((Hugs)))
Female
jennifer  Female  Gloucestershire 21-Aug-2018 11:13 Message #4723659
He sure is, Vic!

No show this morning!

I did get most of the rubbish that was the old shed taken away yesterday (forgot about the window from the old shed!) and four post concreted in, ready to start putting a floor down. I suppose he thinks I should be grateful for the work he did yesterday morning and coming to me two days in a row, is really expecting too much!!

Wonder how far along my shed will be by the time next Sunday's Huggy Thread goes on the board?!!!
Female
Ritakins  Female  Dorset 26-Aug-2018 09:37 Message #4724074
Good morning everybody peeps,

I have not been here in such a long time but I just wanted so send everyone that knows me a
Great big HUG !

Take Care
Love Ritakins xxx
Female
twinkle2  Female  Hertfordshire 26-Aug-2018 09:41 Message #4724076
Thanks Ritakins but due to my tardiness this morning you have added on to last week's thread :(
Male
mancers  Male  Greater Manchester 26-Aug-2018 10:32 Message #4724082
Oops didn’t see the other two :) anyway Hugs again.

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »