Conversation Singles Only
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

use it or lose it..lol

but

Female
eurostar  Female  Merseyside 24-Mar-2018 21:43 Message #4714007
how long before you lose it? lol

do we still have singles on this site?..lol
Female
BeBe  Female  Greater Manchester 24-Mar-2018 22:19 Message #4714011
what we losing...my mind is boggling lol

I am still single...longer than i expected when i first joined this site about 12 years ago lol...in those early days i didnt think i would still be single within 12 months...what a fool i was lol... Dating is not the same now as it was when we were teenagers lol
Male
Eljer  Male  North London 25-Mar-2018 04:01 Message #4714028
My Dickie bird doesn't have a mind of its own anymore and only stands to attention for certain types of pussycats these days

That's if I put my mind to it lol
Male
HonestBob  Male  the Central region 25-Mar-2018 11:45 Message #4714043
I nearly used the same "Use it or lose it" phrase in your pubs thread...

What are you referring to here EU? :o :o :o
Male
The_Snow_Covered_Fool  Male  Cheshire 25-Mar-2018 14:47 Message #4714060
Beginning to think I've lost mine, not used for that long ..

Chris.
Male
johnlock  Male  Essex 25-Mar-2018 18:44 Message #4714076
I've been single for 12 years & sometimes wonder if I've had my last leg over!

Regards
John
Female
eurostar  Female  Merseyside 25-Mar-2018 19:20 Message #4714080
honest bob...what am I referring to?...erm...whatever springs to mind..lol
Female
Cassis  Female  Cambridgeshire 25-Mar-2018 19:25 Message #4714081
I'm single Euro, and in no danger of losing "it" :)
I have had a boyfriend since November (not from here) and I was in a 3 year relationship with someone else until last August/September (again, not from here!), but I think of myself as "single" in that I'm not totally sharing my life with an other.
I joined this site for it's chat (there was quite a lot of that back then in 2012!) though was open to dating for the first couple of years.
Don't you think the general atmosphere on here is pessimistic and careworn where dating us concerned? There's no sense of positive dating vibes!
Perhaps too late now, but if only the site could be managed by someone giving it the kind of overhaul set to attract new and younger (as well as older) clientele, and it may give those left enough of a kick up the rear so that they start using it...and maybe then no one will lose it!!
Female
eurostar  Female  Merseyside 25-Mar-2018 19:39 Message #4714082
lol cassis I know what you mean...most seem to be ..been there done that never going to happen again...lol

I,m of the...hello, hiya...lets enjoy life .lol
Female
Cassis  Female  Cambridgeshire 25-Mar-2018 19:57 Message #4714085
Maybe there's a little enterprise you could perhaps take on and revamp, Euro? :)
I think the Scouser's Guide to Using It (MSE, or anything else) could be a go-er! Well, I'd like to see it:):):) We might have John Lock dusting off his pulling shirt; Honest Bob hosting feminist meets; Tumbleweed being gracious to all lady members; and me n Vanners running MSE Speed-Dating in my local (before it closes!) amongst crazy partying and Polly Cupid's Postie being asked to take on the job full time!
My mind is boggling:)
Female
eurostar  Female  Merseyside 25-Mar-2018 20:00 Message #4714086
nice one cassis...lol..not me. aint got the time...this wasmy first weekend since before xmas with no plans...lol
work and more plans and parties await me this week...lol.lol.
Female
Cassis  Female  Cambridgeshire 25-Mar-2018 20:08 Message #4714087
"...more plans and parties await me this week..."
Ah, ain't it just so amongst all us hedonistic singletons on MSE :):):)
Female
Minnie-the-Minx  Female  Hertfordshire 25-Mar-2018 21:29 Message #4714095
Might be a bit late for me. I lost it years ago. :D
Male
tumbleweed  Male  Gloucestershire 26-Mar-2018 15:16 Message #4714127
Good gracious me. Mentioned in despatches by Cas. Honourable or dishonourable, no publicity is bad publicity and all that.

I have even had to change my status to wanting dating to reply, as it wouldn't let me do it otherwise. I must practice some chat up lines, otherwise I will be found out.

I remember the furore when the singles room was invented. What a palaver.

I usually think I am gracious, more gracious than Mr and Mrs Gracious and their daughter Gracious Gracious, when they received their gracious family of the year award, and anything else along those lines.

I do have a few run ins with people every now and again, who doesn't, but I am a little angel really. Comments taken on board though.

The use it or lose it thing. We used to have that at work with holidays. There was always some workaholic who never used up all theirs, and then lost them. Give them to me, i used to think, but sadly they weren't allowed.

Female
Cassis  Female  Cambridgeshire 26-Mar-2018 23:58 Message #4714145
Hahaha - I'd forgotten the ruffled feathers at the mooting of the outrageously radical notion of a Singles Room:):):) I guess there are just fewer and fewer knickers to get twisted these days!
Male
OnlineMSE  Male  Essex 27-Mar-2018 10:49 Message #4714157
I guess there are just fewer and fewer knickers to get twisted these days!

I hadn't realised "going commando" was de rigueur these days. lol
Female
Cassis  Female  Cambridgeshire 28-Mar-2018 01:58 Message #4714188
I think maybe a lot of MSE peeps don't realise how spicy the Singles Room has got, Mr.Online:)
Shshhh - keep it quiet, we don't want to get trampled in the stampede, do we? :):):):)
Male
johnlock  Male  Essex 3-Apr-2018 18:55 Message #4714499
I'll look out my pulling shirt! LOL

Regards
John
Female
eurostar  Female  Merseyside 3-Apr-2018 20:15 Message #4714501
blinkin eck if john lock finds his pulling shirt I may well shave my legs lol.lol.lol
Female
Cassis  Female  Cambridgeshire 5-Apr-2018 01:50 Message #4714604
There you go Euro and John: what more of an incentive could you need than that? ;)
Female
eurostar  Female  Merseyside 5-Apr-2018 21:59 Message #4714679
lol cassis and don't forget my fake tan on them as well..lol
Female
Cassis  Female  Cambridgeshire 5-Apr-2018 22:10 Message #4714680
Shaved legs, fake tan, blonde hair-do! Omg, you'll have to move to Essex if you carry on like that, Euro!!
Hang-on... (thought bubble)...John Locke is in Essex isn't he?...
You read it here first, folks :):):)
Female
eurostar  Female  Merseyside 5-Apr-2018 22:12 Message #4714681
lol..ya daft witch...lol.lol.lol.
Male
jesusjonny  Male  Strathclyde 19-Apr-2018 09:49 Message #4715465
Depends what you are talking about lol
Male
AndyP  Male  Wiltshire 29-Apr-2018 19:20 Message #4716140
People here 12yrs? I only found this site a month or so ago, it might be quiet but it is genuine...not bombarded with fake profiles. It is a truly good site, not a cattle market like most...and free unbelievable! There are some really lovely ladies here...truly, a couple I would date in a heartbeat. Hmm but I won't say who...I'm a gentleman. Perhaps people are too shy on here...if you like someone really go for it :-)

Back to top  Back to top

Help with conversations Help with conversations »