Conversation Dating and Relationships
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Players

what does it mean to you?

1 2 3 Next   Last  

Female
Minnie-the-Minx  Female  Hertfordshire
21-Jun-2016 19:14 Message #4641093
I'm not talking about a well known brand of cigarettes here.

We hear a lot about players on internet dating sites. A friend used the term to describe someone that I know recently and afterwards, I thought what does that actually mean?

I mean after all, could it just be that you meet someone and it doesn't work out. Does that make them a player? Or they are someone who isn't looking for commitment? Does that make them a player?

Can anyone tell me what a player actually is? How do you spot one before you get hurt? Do they have some kind of magical powers? And what's the difference between someone being a player and just that the two of you don't hit it off? I'm blowed if I know.
Male
Eljer  Male  North London
21-Jun-2016 19:17 Message #4641096
i dunno, i didnt spot it :/
Female
joolsy  Female  Essex
21-Jun-2016 19:34 Message #4641100
Imo a player is someone who likes the chase ..but it is not wanting commitment. ... On Internet dating. Many players as they can have quiet a lot. Of sweeties in the shop so to speak ... They are scared and back orf from any. Intimacy. ... I'm a one man women .. But with online dating I would be a bit concerned if they continued to be online all the time rather than spending time with me in the real world ...I haven't given up on finding love again ..I want to be cherished because I'm worth it ...so players can go poke lol
Male
21-Jun-2016 19:36 Message #4641102
lols
Male
21-Jun-2016 19:40 Message #4641103
i thought players was just after a quick leg over.
Female
BunnyGirl  Female  Buckinghamshire
21-Jun-2016 19:45 Message #4641107
A player is someone who is out to get whatever he wants from you. They will buy you flowers, gifts shower your with compliments and then when you go out for a meal (they have no money) then your left in paying. They are so,so nice to you and probably married with kids.
Female
Minnie-the-Minx  Female  Hertfordshire
21-Jun-2016 19:46 Message #4641108
ah, so they are after your money, not your body?
Female
joolsy  Female  Essex
21-Jun-2016 19:51 Message #4641109
Hi mcc ...I'm going back to the old fashioned way ...eg ...meeting and finding love in the real world lol ... Imo internet dating has made us lazy lol lol ...
Male
AndyMacG  Male  the West Midlands
21-Jun-2016 19:51 Message #4641110
There are normally two teams of 11 of them on the pitch and the one who gets the little round ball in the other 11’s net is usually designated the best Player ;-) lol

Andy Mac
Female
joolsy  Female  Essex
21-Jun-2016 19:53 Message #4641111
Lol Andy that's how I did me ankle playing footie lol lol
Female
Wilma  Female  South Yorkshire
21-Jun-2016 19:55 Message #4641112
To me a player is someone who likes the chase of many women/men so is not able to settle with a one to one relationship.
Male
AndyMacG  Male  the West Midlands
21-Jun-2016 19:56 Message #4641114
Ha ha Joolsy, you are obviously not a Player then, like me i only watch nowadays ;-) lol

Andy Mac
Male
21-Jun-2016 20:04 Message #4641115
i was told by a friends daughter that i am mad trying to find a woman on the internet, she said before you know it, your be tied to their bed forever as their sex slave.

so far, i havent been that lucky :/ lol
Male
Hierophant  Male  East Anglia
21-Jun-2016 20:05 Message #4641116
I suppose a player is whatever you want it to be - someone who dates lots of different people could possibly be one. I have no idea if sex has to be involved.
To me it's just another one of those throwaway labels that many people on dating sites like using...

Female
joolsy  Female  Essex
21-Jun-2016 20:06 Message #4641117
Last week end ..I went to the legion with my Lauren for drink ...my Lauren is beautiful and John the local player came on to her ...she explained to him that she was gay ...it was so funny action man John wasn't having none of it ...what has a women got that I haven't ...with that I said ...we have beautiful vaginas ..Lauren choked on her wine as we larfed so much lol lol ...
Male
21-Jun-2016 20:28 Message #4641118
blimey, where have all the players gone lol
Male
Nigel_In_Devon  Male  Devon
21-Jun-2016 20:33 Message #4641119
Andy, you beat me to it! Was going to post something similar Lol
Female
Ilsmileforu  Female  Durham
21-Jun-2016 20:35 Message #4641121
To me a player is someone that does not introduce a person that he has been in a relationship with to their family or friends.
When in public with you a player does not introduce you as his girlfriend/partner, but acts like you are just friends.
If they receive constant texts or phone calls late at night/early hours of the morning. Or never leave their phone lying about.
Someone who pushes for a physical relationship/connection straight away, but does not want an emotional connection.
If they never invite you to any social events, may mean they do no want to be seen in public with you.
If they only have casual contacts or acquaintances not close friends.
Someone who plays with emotions,often with many people at the same time.
When the are not serious about having a relationship with anyone.
I have met and dated that kind of man.
Male
21-Jun-2016 20:47 Message #4641122
" Someone who pushes for a physical relationship/connection straight away, but does not want an emotional connection. "

That reminds me of someone.. the bit about the phones reminds me of someone else aswell lol
Female
eurostar  Female  Merseyside
21-Jun-2016 20:53 Message #4641125
I thought a player was the posh internet word for a male or female slag..lol
Male
21-Jun-2016 21:04 Message #4641127
Ive been with a slapper once when i was hissed, she slapped me and said push, push, push lol

i dont drink much now.. so im hoping to meet a nice lady who slaps me and says yes, yes slap oh yess lol

i can dream cant i...
Female
Sea  Female  Essex
21-Jun-2016 21:19 Message #4641130
A player can also be someone, who is simply bored at work who likes to idly tap away, playing with various peoples emotiones, with no intention of taking it any further. It can also be someone, or even a couple, or group of people, who will pretend they are someone they are not, in order to engage with someone for a few cheap laughs at your expense. Various types of players really but let's just say that none of them are genuine, with regards to their intentions. Or maybe they are and just genuinely wish to deceive.
Female
leogirl  Female  Essex
21-Jun-2016 21:35 Message #4641134
Players exist because some women let them ! Find out all you need to know about your date ( fist meeting ) before you meet up . Then play it very cool and if there is no " connection " between the 2 of you , than part in friendship. Above all , don't be fooled.

leogirl.
Male
capnblackbeard  Male  Hertfordshire
21-Jun-2016 22:25 Message #4641150
a player
Their lives are a game.. and they are the main players. Object of the game: to sleep with the most women possible. the game terminates when the player catches one to many stds or a woman whips him into shape.A guy who pretends to care what comes out of your mouth, but really only cares about what goes into it.A guy that is easiest to fall for, hardest to forget.he will try to bed your wife, while sleeping with your sister, while trying to bed your mom and daughter.
Female
BunnyGirl  Female  Buckinghamshire
21-Jun-2016 22:47 Message #4641166
Minnie-the-minx ,

They want both.

1 2 3 Next   Last  

Help with conversations