Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Sunday Hugs

Hugs for all

Female
twinkle2  Female  Hertfordshire
10-Jan-2021 09:10 Message #4802955
Good morning huggers,

A chilly, misty start here which seems to have mirrored most of the past week. Most evenings the mist has started as the light fades then comes the frost of varying degrees.

Plans for today? I'm not sure what I will be doing as I've realised I don't actually have to do anything each day as I have plenty of time to do things. The result is that some days are quite busy and other days aren't. I definitely haven't got the hang of retirement yet as I feel I need to have some sort of routine, even if it's just so I know what day it is.

I have some pulled port with a BBQ sauce which I will have for dinner with some veg.

Stay warm and safe everyone and have a good week. My son tells me snow is forecast. (((HUGS))) (((HUGS)))
Male
Keithagain  Male  South Yorkshire
10-Jan-2021 09:35 Message #4802957
Good morning Twinkle and all Sunday huggers...

It`s a cold morning, with extensive frost. The forecast is quite warm (?) with temperatures of 6c, but I`ll wait and see, the temperature is now 1.3c but the frost is showing no sign of moving.
It`s been cold for at least 3 weeks and I`ve cancelled one of my walks, and would have done another twice if I had known the black ice that was waiting for me. I made it ok though.

Keith xxx
Female
Victoriana11  Female  Buckinghamshire
10-Jan-2021 09:47 Message #4802958
biiiig (((hugs))) from me

V x
Female
leogirl  Female  Essex
11-Jan-2021 01:05 Message #4802964
hello Twinkle and all Sunday Huggers {{{HUGS}}}to you all.

I am very late a this morning and afternoon I just could not log in.
it`s getting chilly in the house and make myself a night cap and a warm water bottle
Had a slow Sunday , but managed to sort out a few things that needed attention.
Now for a well deserved sleep.
`Night!.

leogirl.
Female
Sea  Female  Essex
11-Jan-2021 06:57 Message #4802967
Good Morning Twinkle, I am afraid it will have to be 'Monday Hugs' today, as I was unable to get into the site yesterday. I was able to click on 'Sunday Hugs' but then took forever and ever, before eventually coming up with error messages. A gremlin in the works again. Well here in Cyprus they have now come down with an even stricter lockdown. Still the curfew from 9pm - 5am when not allowed out anywhere but now you are limited to three hours exercise a day, or essential shopping etc. This is in place from 5am Sunday morning until 31 st Jan. Most people have to send a text message and wait for reply, giving permission. There are heavy fines if caught out without permission. You can break this up into two trips though. Dog walkers fair better, as can take dogs for walks, up to 500 metres from home without permission. At least it is still lovely and sunny and warm here at the moment but weather set to change towards the end of next week, when rain and cooler weather forecast. Went for a short walk and swim in the morning and a longer walk and some snorkelling in the afternoon, with a nice salad lunch inbetween on my sunny patio before relaxing in my hammock for a bit of reading, so not too bad. Then cooked a roast chicken for Sunday evening, which should last a few days. Hope everybody is keeping safe. Have a lovely week.
Sending very warm (((Hugs))) from me.
Male
AndyMacG  Male  the West Midlands
11-Jan-2021 08:06 Message #4802971
Good morning Twinkle and all the (Sunday) Monday Huggers, lol

Likewise, couldn’t access the site yesterday so gave up in the end not that i had much to say anyway.

Dark and cold this morning here in the West Midlands but the forecast is for milder weather then another cold hit later in the week.

Have a lovely week ahead everyone and hugs to you all …

(((Hugs))) (((Hugs))) )))Hugs((( (((Hugs))) (((Hugs)))

Andy Mac
Male
Pboro Trevor  Male  Cambridgeshire
11-Jan-2021 09:26 Message #4802981
Good morning Twinkle and all Sunday Huggers

A belated hug as MSE Login was down yesterday, but some managed to get in before it went down.

What a contrast - woke up yesterday to a deep frost, everything was white, and then this morning is positively balmy.

Belated hugs to all

Trevor
Female
11-Jan-2021 09:31 Message #4802983
Good morning Keith,

Due to the site gremlins I wasn't able to respond yesterday.

It looks like it's going to be milder today, currently it's saying 4 degrees. The sun is shining - so nice to see it :) - although there is a ground frost. Rain is on the way later though :(

Have a good day, stay safe (((HUGS)))
Female
11-Jan-2021 09:32 Message #4802984
Good morning Victoriana11,

Biiig (((HUGS))) coming back to you.

Have a lovely day, stay safe (((HUGS)))
Female
11-Jan-2021 09:38 Message #4802986
Good morning leogirl,

I think you deserve a medal for determination. Well done for getting through eventually. I tried several times yesterday and wondered if the site had been pulled as there are so few people on it these days.

I've noticed that the minute the light starts to dip it gets chilly, especially around my neck.

Well done on sorting things out, you're doing better than me although I did clear out the storage poufee on Saturday.

I hope you slept well. Take care and stay safe (((HUGS)))
Female
11-Jan-2021 09:53 Message #4802988
Good morning Sea,

I think quite a few of us had problems with the site yesterday :( I didn't even get an error message, nothing happened once I had logged on :( Anyway at least we're back in business now.

Have the Cyprus cases started to increase? As you're aware we don't have any curfews here, not even in Tier 4. Perhaps if they did something similar here that might limit the amount of people who seem to be flouting the lockdown rules in terms of exercise. Do you have to say when you intend to exercise or can you go any time? That might limit the crowds at some of the parks and nature spots/beaches/promenades.

It sounds as if you are still enjoying the warmth at the moment and the relaxation. Do you have lots of books there? Have you met the lady you spent Christmas Day with again?

Have a good day/week. Stay safe (((HUGS)))
Female
11-Jan-2021 09:58 Message #4802989
Hello AndyMacG,

It's been nice to see the sun rise this morning and to not have any mist around. Make the most of the mild weather Andy, it's a bit of respite. If nothing else it's a chance to see some green. I've noticed bulbs starting to appear in my garden. My penstemons and pansies have flowered all the way through.

Have a good day/week Andy. Stay safe (((HUGS)))
Female
11-Jan-2021 10:00 Message #4802990
Good morning Pboro Trevor,

Well done on trying again and finally getting here :)

I haven't been outside but it's certainly 'warmer'. I was finding all the grey quite depressing so it's nice to see the sun this morning even if I've had to pull the curtains a bit as it was right in my eyes.

Enjoy your day and stay safe (((HUGS)))
Male
elrond  Male  the Highlands and Islands of Scotland
11-Jan-2021 15:45 Message #4803041
l thought there was soething wrong my end.
(((hugs ))) to you all

Female
sunnyagain  Female  Hampshire
11-Jan-2021 17:22 Message #4803048
My usual hugs all sent, phew, I thought the site had gone yesterday and I would've missed it!
Female
Sea  Female  Essex
12-Jan-2021 06:34 Message #4803139
Good Morning Twinkle,

Yes, cases in Cyprus have increased. Up to about September from their first lock down in March there had only been about twenty deaths but then steadily one or two a day and had been as many as about five . On the 10th Jan it was 339 new cases and one death and 11th Jan 288 new cases and 5 deaths, but all very elderly with underlying conditions. Avertage age still 80.
From the lockdown back in March to now, they have had approx 27,000 cases and 150 deaths in total. Hardly any compared to Britain.
You can exercise any time but have to send a text first, stating time, this is so if challenged they will have you on record and will hand out fines, if out when you shouldn't. They had this method back in March but all beaches were closed then, so apparently not so bad this time, as swimming is still allowed. Yes I do have some books here and I did meet with the lady I met on Christmas day on New Years Day also, as came to mine. But I am at Paphos and she is at Peyia near Coral Bay and not allowed to travel that far now. And yes I agree they should have had proper curfews in Britian, to stop all the youngsters spilling out onto streets, continuing to drink and party etc. Just closing pubs an hour early is not a curfew. It is only a curfew if you have to be indoors by a certain time. Keep Safe, everyone. (((Hugs)))
Female
12-Jan-2021 14:37 Message #4803167
Hello elrond,

Glad to see you made it in the end :)

Have a good week. Stay warm, dry and safe (((HUGS)))
Female
12-Jan-2021 14:38 Message #4803168
Hello sunnyagain,

I though the site had gone too.

Have a good week and stay safe (((HUGS)))
Female
12-Jan-2021 14:42 Message #4803169
Hello Sea,

That is quite an increase for a relatively small island.

It's good that you have a bit of company there.

It's not only the youngsters that are spilling out onto the streets unfortunately :( There don't seem to be an awful lot of people venturing out of my road. The biggest movement is via delivery vans.

Stay safe, take care (((HUGS)))

Help with conversations