Conversation The Forum
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Assange

will not be extradited to the US

Female
Gilpin  Female  Middlesex
7-Jan-2021 23:20 Message #4802733
Julian Assange will no longer be under the threat of being extradited to the US. The judge deemed to mental health. Do you agree or disagree.
Male
Kimjongun  Male  South Yorkshire
7-Jan-2021 23:51 Message #4802738
Denied bail, and appeal against decision on its way.
I am not sure which way this one goes?
Logic says, if you really want him, send Secoolas here first.
Female
7-Jan-2021 23:52 Message #4802739
Yes, that is the rumour. Secoolas is never going to be coming here.
Male
Blackjack  Male  South Yorkshire
8-Jan-2021 01:40 Message #4802748
I can only think they have another plan for him, and the only real way to shut him us is to bury him. He is a symbol of a free press, a freedom to discuss truths, a freedom to know what is really going on and not what we are spoon fed through the mainstream Ministry of Truth mouthpieces.

The UK government has allowed someone to be treated in such a terrible way that the UN stated it was torture, but our leaders colluded with the USA who wanted to break him, smash him psychologically, in Belmarsh in the traditional Guantanamo way, and our press did nothing said nothing just jumped on board the government bandwagon.
Male
VingtEtUn  Male  central London
8-Jan-2021 07:24 Message #4802752
Assange epitomises a reckless megalomaniac obsessed with his own importance who is w I'll ing to put any person or any country in serious danger without giving it a second thought. His self obsession is making his mental condition worse but he has never appeared completely compos mentis.
Male
Pboro Trevor  Male  Cambridgeshire
8-Jan-2021 09:32 Message #4802762
Not yet. Appeals to still go through.

As to whether he should be extradited - I can see both sides - so will leave it to the courts

Trevor
Male
Blackjack  Male  South Yorkshire
8-Jan-2021 11:59 Message #4802770
Julian Assange, founded WikiLeaks in 2006 which in 2010 and 2011 who following the publication of hundreds of thousands of leaked documents in relating to the Afghanistan and Iraq wars, as well as diplomatic cable, discovered he had really pissed off the USA big time.

Meanwhile Chelsea Manning who was found guilty in 2013 on charges including espionage for leaking secret military files to Wikileaks was thrown in solitary slammer. Was pardoned and when the US tried to force her to admit Assange had made her release the document, back into the solitary slammer, but with more than $250,000 (£198,000) in fines for refusing to co-operate with the inquiry. Her legal team had asked for these to be vacated, but the judge said they must be paid in full.

The elites as Bush proved a think in simplistic terms fore or against , and against translates a visceral sadistic revenge, to teach everyone not to expose government corruption or International Law violations, as Guantonimo, and global torture camps proves.

He lived in the Ecuadorian embassy in London for seven years and faces an 18-count indictment, alleging a plot to hack computers and a conspiracy to obtain and disclose national defence information. This was after the US forced Sweden to arrest him of faked charges to discredit him. The two women went to a police station to ascertain whether they could force Assange to take a HIV test, sparking the investigation. According to police records one of the women, SW’s phone seen by Assange’s lawyers, ‘SW’ wrote from the police station that she “did not want to put any charges on Julian Assange,” but that the police were “keen on getting their hands on him.” The next day she wrote she “did not want to accuse” Assange “for anything” and that it was the “police who made up the charges (sic).”

So this is how we the public are told selective truths so that we all dislike someone none of us knows, as we take on trust governments do not lie. Their simple solution is destroy the messenger and the message for the public of US war crimes, is forgotten. Assange and his legal team offered to travel to Sweden for questioning if it could guarantee he would not be extradited to the US. Had he gone where would he be now?

So the state then decided to break him, destroy him psychologically so into the slammer, no books, phone calls, mixing with other people, legal meeting for his case, a Guantanamo, for 18 months and continuing. Just for exposing truths.
Male
HotOrWot  Male  Lancashire
8-Jan-2021 13:15 Message #4802777
Assange epitomises a reckless megalomaniac obsessed with his own importance who is w I'll ing to put any person or any country in serious danger without giving it a second thought. His self obsession is making his mental condition worse but he has never appeared completely compos mentis.

Agreed. Assange is a menace to society but the leftist elite wanted him hailed as a hero.
Female
8-Jan-2021 16:01 Message #4802795
If war crimes are being committed and hidden by America, or any other falsehoods about other governments or countries are being presented to the public in a deceptive way, it is quite legitimate to expose them. That is what investigative journalism is about, and America is not exempt.
Female
8-Jan-2021 16:12 Message #4802797
The US badly want their man.

I don't think the appeal will be met, the judge ruled mental health, and a possibility of suicide should Assange be extradited. Vanessa Baritser, the judge refused, to allow Assange to be extradited. Good for her. How can you treat a human being the way he's been treated. And if he goes he'll never return. Investigative journalism against the the most powerful country (not for long at this rate) will I doubt be attempted again.
Female
Aely  Female  Hampshire
11-Jan-2021 21:54 Message #4803112
Amazingly I actually agree with Gilpin's first post.
Female
11-Jan-2021 22:33 Message #4803120
Not amazingly I've yet to agree with one of yours !

Help with conversations