Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Where have not been in the UK

that you'd like to go?

1 2 Next   Last  

Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd
22-Nov-2020 18:33 Message #4798664
I'd quite like to go to Orkney and to Northumbia, both places wth lots of history and archeology to keep me interested and busy. I've never been to York or Edinbrugh either, both of which would be worth a visit.

Where do you fancy?
Male
HotOrWot  Male  Lancashire
22-Nov-2020 20:14 Message #4798673
I would like to go to the Isle of Wight. Travelling overseas without a passport.
Male
Hierophant  Male  East Anglia
22-Nov-2020 21:01 Message #4798685
Funnily enough I've never been to Wales, well apart from the arse end of Cardiff for about an hour to pick something up bought on ebay.
So a trip to Wales is on the cards at some point - I might pop in for a cup of tea. lol
I've pretty much been to all the other places I want to visit over the years, so my plan is to revisit some places I remember from my childhood.
Edinburgh is one of my favourite cities and I hope to be visiting in the spring...
Male
AndyMacG  Male  the West Midlands
22-Nov-2020 21:17 Message #4798688
One place i know i haven't visited and thats "Eel Pie Island" i'd never even heard of it until i saw the thread on here.

There are many other places i haven't been much to many to mention as there are places i have been.

Andy Mac
Male
terry  Male  West Yorkshire
22-Nov-2020 22:10 Message #4798695
Although I've been to much of Scotlands west coast, there's much more I'd like to see, also Isles of Harris and Lewis, and the Orkneys.
Female
sunnyagain  Female  Hampshire
22-Nov-2020 22:26 Message #4798696
I'd like to see the Kelpies and the Falkirk Wheel.
Male
persona_non_grata  Male  North London
22-Nov-2020 23:03 Message #4798705
I've spent most of my life in the transport industry so I have seen most of the U.K. but I'd like to visit the islands around our coast.
The Hebrides, Shetlands, Orkneys and Isles of Scilly. I enjoyed visiting the Isle of Man.

I need a helicopter.
Male
The_38th_Parallel  Male  Essex
23-Nov-2020 11:08 Message #4798733
I've only been as far north as Inverness, so I'd like to get up to the Shetlands, and I'd like to go and explore the South West coast of Cornwall and see the Isles of Scilly too.

When the opportunity arises I would like to do a coastal drive of the UK.
It's only c.4,600 miles and would be a great adventure to do in a camper van, stopping wherever the scenery grabbed you.
Male
Neros1954  Male  Devon
23-Nov-2020 14:08 Message #4798748
I would like to spend some time in the Scottish Highlands. I have only been to scotland briefly a couple of times.
Female
Bewildered  Female  Norfolk
23-Nov-2020 15:31 Message #4798756
I'd like to tour Scotland, have been to Isle of Skye and loved it

Cornwall another area that I have never been
Female
Sea  Female  Essex
23-Nov-2020 18:56 Message #4798775
Hi W'hen. Definitely worth visiting York and Edingburgh, as both can be rather like travelling back in time with city walls, cobbled streets and ancient buildings etc. I have never been to the Isle of Man or the Isles of Scilly, so would like to explore those one day. I would also like to see a little more of Scotland and visit Loch Lomond., as have always wanted to meet the lochness monster. Have always wondered if just one, or a family of them? : -) Or was it just somebodies imagination running wild?
Male
Tramontana  Male  Greater Manchester
23-Nov-2020 20:13 Message #4798781
Lyme Regis

Belfast

The north Irish coastline

A traverse along Hadrian's Wall.

A pondering Tram...
Female
BlinkinLights  Female  South Yorkshire
24-Nov-2020 09:26 Message #4798805
I'de like to see St Micheal's Mount - I think it's in Cornwall - seen photos but never been there.

Your trip around the UK sounds fab, 38P, but don't think my oldcamper could take the strain !!
A lovely idea all the same. I certainly have a wanderlust, missing it all during this Lockdown2.
Female
24-Nov-2020 11:33 Message #4798822
I think you'll find Nessie in Loch Ness rather than Loch Lomond.

I've been to St Michaels Mount in Cornwall and its not nearly as impressive as the French one, I must admit to having found Cornwall a little underwhelming.

I quite fancy the Channel Islands too, a bit of France without the hassle and expence of having to renew my passport or get visa's r whatever hassle Brexit will bring to travelling come Jan 1st.

Male
terry  Male  West Yorkshire
24-Nov-2020 11:37 Message #4798823
The idea of driving around the country sounds good, whether just the coastline or some inland areas as well.
Female
NoSaint  Female  Devon
26-Nov-2020 07:25 Message #4798982
Sounds good to me too.
Male
26-Nov-2020 09:00 Message #4798988
Madness102 24-Nov-2020 09:26
I'de like to see St Micheal's Mount - I think it's in Cornwall -

I've been to it's Gallic counterpart "Le Mont-Saint-Michel" in Normandy. Both on tidal islands but considerably larger (about 4 times larger area) than the Cornish mount.
A worthwhile place to visit if you're ever in those "cou des bois"
Female
26-Nov-2020 10:17 Message #4798993
Mont-Saint-Michel in Normandy is one of those places that give you sore feet, its a wonderful place, but its very steep you get blisters on your heels walking up it and blisters on your toes coming back down.
Male
Templar2013  Male  South East London
27-Nov-2020 22:12 Message #4799153
I've seen a lot of our coastline over the years but for some reason have never experienced the top coast of Norfolk around .Cromer.
Female
Sea  Female  Essex
28-Nov-2020 08:51 Message #4799171
Hi W'hen. Whoops a slight mix up with my Loch's, aslthough you never know Nessie may have gone on a visit to Loch Lomond. : -) Happy to visit both though and any other loch's there are as am sure all worth a visit.
As to St. Michael's Mount, in Cornwall and the French one. I have been to both and the French one is far more commercial, with a succession of gift shops everywhere. Interesting to see though. The one in Cornwall is quieter, with a risk of getting cut off by the tide. I know as we were following people, who were paddling back many, many years ago now. Tide does come in very quickly, as getting close to waist height as reaching the other side. : -) At least a warm summers day and were able to hold things up above head. ....and of course it is a tale to tell. : -)
Male
28-Nov-2020 11:37 Message #4799179
Driving across the causeway to & from The Holy Island of Lindisfarne in Northumberland, is another place that you don't want to be cut off by the tide while en route either way.
Female
Minnie-the-Minx  Female  Hertfordshire
28-Nov-2020 12:27 Message #4799181
Surprising the number of people who will try to cross the bridge when it is flooded on the return from holy island though and then have to be rescued. I've seen all the photos of the stranded vehicles. I suppose they chance it, not realising how deep it is in the middle. It only takes a few seconds to cross, so it's not as if you set off and the tide comes in during your journey. You can see that there tide is in and the road is flooded.
I do a lot of off road driving in Greece in a 4x4 and my motto is never ever attempt to cross flowing water, no matter how shallow it looks from the edge. I have seen even tractors that have been swept away in quite shallow water
Female
Minnie-the-Minx  Female  Hertfordshire
28-Nov-2020 12:51 Message #4799182
Lots of places that I would like to go to, even though I have probably been to more places than most.

I would like to do the tourist coastal drive around the Scottish coastline and I would like to explore the islands on the coast, plus visit Orkney.
Lots of places that I would like to revisit and spend more time; explore more of Northumberland, visit the Farnes again, visit the seabirds colonies at Flamborough and Bempton again, corners of the Lake District that I haven't visited yet, more time exploring the Yorkshire moors and uplands, more walking in the Peak District.
I also have a little project that I am saving for retirement. I want to do a tour of the standing stones of Great Britain and make a study of them and the ancient settlements and barrows and mystical places.
I've also never been to the West coast of Ireland, which I am sure that I would enjoy.
Female
28-Nov-2020 18:15 Message #4799188
I've been up the West Coast of Scotland, pretty much from Stranraer to Ullapool, its very beautiful. I've been to quite a few standing stones and circles, living close to Avebury for a few years meant I got to know the place quite well, none of us ever could work out Silbury Hill, probably the best we came up with was prehisotric people made it purely to confuse people in the future.

I've been to Cork and Kinsale in south eastern Ireland, to me it seemed a bit like Cornwall, but Cork is a lovely place, a fantastic food market, made me want to buy a bit of everything and lock myself in the kitchen for a day or three. The west coast appeals as does the North, I like the idea of standing n the edge of the Atlantic and knowing theres nothing between me and America/Canada for miles.
Male
MrQuiet  Male  Northamptonshire
1-Dec-2020 08:08 new  Message #4799364
Traditional British holidays always involved a trip to the coast but there must be many inland towns worth a visit.

1 2 Next   Last  

Help with conversations