Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

What will we argue about

in 2021?

1 2 Next   Last  

Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd
22-Nov-2020 10:58 Message #4798624
Brexit will have happened for better or worse and there will be vaccines and treatments for covid, as these seem to have been the only topics of conversation for the last year or two what will we have to argue about? Will we be able to have normal conversations that arn't polarised between one camp and another with everyone else feeling pushed out? Instead of the "good old days" can we make some good new days please?
Male
tumbled  Male  Gloucestershire
22-Nov-2020 11:14 Message #4798626
Some good new days a coming.....

Some great boxing ahead for next year.....My resolution?.......To get everyone on here fanatical about boxing.......

2021........The year MSE went Boxing Bananas..........
Male
Pboro Trevor  Male  Cambridgeshire
22-Nov-2020 11:19 Message #4798628
We will argue about who had it worst in 2020 and who is going to suffer most in 2021!

Trevor
Male
Hierophant  Male  East Anglia
22-Nov-2020 11:23 Message #4798630
Brexit and covid....
Male
brisinger-the-beekeeper  Male  Lancashire
22-Nov-2020 12:07 Message #4798631
Trade agreements
Male
Hierophant  Male  East Anglia
22-Nov-2020 12:16 Message #4798632
Definitely Corbyn and the impending civil war in the Labour party.
The first motion of "no confidence" in Keir Starmer has passed the vote in the Labour party machinery.
Buckle up, this could be a bumpy ride...
Male
Beach  Male  Dorset
22-Nov-2020 12:22 Message #4798633
In 2021, the nation will be split on the vilifying of Ant and Dec for heading a show where hundreds of thousands of insects get mistreated, abused, squashed and trodden underfoot in the name of I’m a Celebrity entertainment.

Also in 2021, geniuses like me will finally see justice as taking the mick out of being clever or brighter than you Bash Street Kids is finally given the same woke status as those with a fuller figure or folk being attacked for their creed, class, culture or sexuality.

In 2021, there will be debate and argument regarding janitors, caretakers, street cleansing operatives and lorry drivers; occupations where it is cheaper to automate or mechanize rather than employ humans. Robots are set to take over in a vast array of industries as the pandemic accelerates automation. NYT

In 2021, arguments about electric vehicles will cease as ICE, (Internal combustion engine), manufacturers further concede that Tesla, (virtually alone), has a decade long start on their own efforts to electrify their automobiles with the Tesla fleet acting as a hive A.I mind downloading automated driving data back to the new range of Tesla super computers the size of freight containers.

Google "Tesla dojo". Google "Tesla Time News - Full Self Driving Beta is Here!" By Now you know - Youtube

Those 650,000 cars on the road are driving approximately 1,000 miles per month each, (or 650 million miles as a fleet), delivering autonomous feedback data so valuable that it leaves every other company for dust. (A point conceded by the heads of Mercedes, Daimler, VW etc).

ICE is dead. The ICE based car is now an analogy of the horse it replaced. EV is king with Tesla the new Ford and with a Tesla car built like a fighter jet, (with sophisticated duplicate components designed for redundancy), Tesla vehicles are designed to last decades; with battery capable of 300,000 million. (and soon a million miles). Google "Battery Day" for more.
Male
Beach  Male  Dorset
22-Nov-2020 12:25 Message #4798634
* with battery capable of 300,000 thousand miles. (and soon a million miles). Please Google "Battery Day" for more.
Male
22-Nov-2020 12:32 Message #4798635
Covid & anything that can be ever so slightly liked to Brexit and it's alleged affects albeit tenuous.
Male
22-Nov-2020 12:33 Message #4798636
linked
Female
BunnyGirl  Female  Buckinghamshire
22-Nov-2020 13:22 Message #4798637
There will always be room for arguments whatever year it is so nothing would have changed.
People also will remember 2020 as the COVID 19 year. Like everything else people see to never forget the past.
Male
terry  Male  West Yorkshire
22-Nov-2020 13:28 Message #4798638
I'll probably either bore people with my attempts to stop smoking, or pop me clogs due to smoking, and maybe throw in a few posts about how beautiful this world is beyond our four walls.
Might ask a few questions about odd stuff as well, talking of which:
Do you sometimes find your mind is all over the place and can't settle on one thought or even settle?
Male
22-Nov-2020 14:38 Message #4798647
They'll be arrogant guys claiming Tesla were the first with tech on electric vehicles and claim to be on personal speaking terms... Sorry guys I sometimes just can't help poking a thread with a stick HaHaHa! I've got internal contacts within the electronics world (through my brother and has to bite ones tongue) who work's on R&D and already hold many patents and are streets ahead of the likes of Tesla. Those that hold the contracts from the likes of Apple. Oh and those who really do have contacts rather than claim to so that I can sit back and have a good old chuckle whilst the same old, same old go into argumentative mode and get all worked up ;-)
Female
Sea  Female  Essex
22-Nov-2020 14:53 Message #4798649
Electric cars and tales of those getting stranded, due to not finding a charging point in time. The equivalent to somebody telling you that you have plenty of petrol, only for it to run out on a motorway. (happened to a neighbour once). There could well be a 'White Lives Matter' movement as people start to fight back, due to being considered second rate to all the BLM movements, especially when organisationsd such as the BBC seem to be replacing all white people with black. So people may be rightly arguing that the job should go to the most suitable applicant, regardless of race. Some may also argue that Boris only ended up PM due to nobody wanting Corbyn. Equally the same will be said regarding Biden getting in as opposed to Trump. Then there will be the arguements regarding going all electric and the phasing out of gas boilers. Will people be able to afford to heat their homes etc.? And will we be able to produce enough electricity? Is it really a greener option? Will the huge surge in use, lead to the biggest blown fuse and the never ending power cut of 2021? On a brighter not Eugenie and Jack will have a new addition to their family and we will all be debating what she may call it? Happy guessing for 2021 and all it may bring.

Female
sunnyagain  Female  Hampshire
22-Nov-2020 15:23 Message #4798652
The weather.

Photos on mse.

Will the site close.

And we can rehash Brexit, Covid, Labour party leaders.

There will always be something to chat about.
Male
Beach  Male  Dorset
22-Nov-2020 15:50 Message #4798654
Oh. Well you're the bees knees then, Bris ... having internal contacts and having a brother ...

I bet you can sit back having a good old chuckle; what with having internal contacts and having a brother.

It must make you feel very important ... You know ... with all that inside information.

I'm really impressed.

Blimey ... Apple ... and contracts ... and having a clever brother and all.

You're amazing!
Male
fosy  Male  Leicestershire
22-Nov-2020 17:11 Message #4798656
"Do you sometimes find your mind is all over the place and can't settle on one thought or even settle?"

only when fuddled due to the action of imbibing....
Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd
22-Nov-2020 18:18 Message #4798660
Bris and Beach, can you hold that squabble until New Years Day please, this is a thread on what to squabble about next year, not this one! Although its good to see people lining up the topics, lol.

If Brexit goes tits up then remainers will be saying 'I told you so' and if it dosen't the leavers will be saying the same to remainers.

I imagine that covid vaccines will be a reccuring squabble.

One possibility is that we will squabble about squabbling in the USA about Biden and Trump and possession of the White House.

Maybe something totally new will open up and divide us still further, or maybe we'll get a miracle and stop squabbling long enough to agree with each other, although I think the former more likely than the latter, unfortunately.
Male
22-Nov-2020 21:40 Message #4798693
Jeez Beach. It was Tongue-in-cheek although our kid is on the team for those contracts. We were chatting about them just the other day...
Male
22-Nov-2020 21:47 Message #4798694
Sorry Hen, I just couldn't help myself poking with a stick.
Male
22-Nov-2020 22:50 Message #4798703
If you are talking about on this site just make a quip and somebody is bound to take you seriously and go off in a huff or everyone just can't help but pile in.
Male
persona_non_grata  Male  North London
22-Nov-2020 23:00 Message #4798704
2021 is not far off so I think we will still be discussing and arguing about the same things. Brexit will be high on my list. Covid will be there too. I would say politics but I haven't seen much being discussed or argued which could be classed as political. Those threads with a political theme are mostly half a dozen members making daft statements and insulting each other ... reminiscent of a Punch and Judy show ... Oh no he didn't! Oh yes he did!
Female
BlinkinLights  Female  South Yorkshire
24-Nov-2020 09:56 Message #4798811
I think I shall argue with Rumbled about boxing !! It must be the most stupid of all 'sport' to try and knock each other senseless!

More people have probably died from this one 'sport' than any other perhaps . . .
Female
Victoriana11  Female  Buckinghamshire
24-Nov-2020 13:36 Message #4798828
I think we'll argue about where is all this money coming from that the government are having to pay back, due to CV19 problems. We'll also hear about the scammers and cheaters who have dishonestly claimed for it.
Male
tumbled  Male  Gloucestershire
24-Nov-2020 14:29 Message #4798838
Gloves at the ready.....

Although....I can't defend some of the bad in boxing......I also think there;s a lot of good......Whether it outweighs any bad is a matter of opinion.....but I certainly believe it does...

Not only mens boxing.....but the women are now getting heavily into it....

We currently have some womens world champions.........Great performance by Savannah Marshall a couple of weeks ago....and also a girl my nephew worked with on Strength and Conditioning....Chantelle Cameron.....now also world champ....and Ireland have a massive World champ in Katie Taylor......She has captured the Irish imagination big time.....and the World....

1 2 Next   Last  

Help with conversations