Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Sunday Hugs

Come and get them

Female
twinkle2  Female  Hertfordshire
22-Nov-2020 09:47 Message #4798612
Good morning huggers,

Late on parade this morning :( I woke up early at 6.20am but dozed back to sleep. Listened to the news at 7.00am then dozed off again - you get the picture. Anyway apart from a slight headache I'm here now and have been greeted by a sunny/bright, still day.

So do you have plans for today? I'm undecided whether to make blackberry jam and free up space in the freezer or go out in the garden and tidy things up a bit. If I get a wriggle on I could do both. The mind is willing but .....

Have a lovely day whatever you're doing and stay safe (((HUGS))) (((HUGS)))
Male
contender  Male  Leicestershire
22-Nov-2020 10:11 Message #4798614
Morning Twinkle

Getting up time for me was around 0520hrs today? So ahead of you there, not that there is a race on?

Monday replaced a old shelving rack in the entrance lobby with a nailed to the wall shelving rack, using some spare laminate flooring. Also designed in to it was four holes at one end of the shelves to place long poles rather than prop them up against the wall - just keep things tidy

Last Wednesday did a tidy up in the garden as a lot of leaves had fallen from the Willow tree, filling up two and quarter of black bags? Safely transported to the tip on Thursday.

Thursday was was my day at the Medical Surgery, for the flu jab, and later that day I felt as though I was coming down with the flu; feeling cold. However a few days later feeling a whole lot better.
I also had to pop into town, an found that there quite a few shops that where open, despite the Lockdown? ie the Bike shop, Costas, Newspaper shops, Estate Agents, Chemists, Opticians, although the charity shops where closed.

So plan for today is to go for a long walk, as it seems to be a nice day, although slightly chilly?

Mike
(((Hugs to ALL)))
Male
Keithagain  Male  South Yorkshire
22-Nov-2020 10:47 Message #4798620
Morning Twinkle and all Sunday huggers.

I was a bit late myself today. But as Mike says we`re not in a race!
I spent some time with a garden fork loosening the lawn where the builder had compacted it. I`ve just about cleared the leaves away, and will spend some of the afternoon tidying up.
I`ve just added to the gallery pictures of my raised beds. All from this November. There is even a photo of me!

Keith
hugs hugs hugs
Female
leogirl  Female  Essex
22-Nov-2020 10:48 Message #4798621
good morning Twinkle and Mike {{{hugs}}} to you both and all Sunday huggers to follow.

Like Twinkle, I got up early for my cup of tea and than snugged back in bed. Want to tidy a bit in the garden as it is mild and a watery sun is shining. At 2 p.m. a late lunch at my daughter`s and a game of Rummikub . I must get my brain going as I become very forget full. I take the dogs back home with me to look after for 3 days.
Yesterday I cooked an excellent Lamb tagine , but bij te time I had finished cooking ( took more than 2 hours ) I was not very hungry ! I got a portion in the fridge and 2 portions in the freezer.

Still waiting for a firm confirmation of the government to hear if my son, who is not in my bubble , is allowed to visit me for Christmas . I have such a small family so having to miss one is terrible

must dash . {{{hugs}}}
leogirl.
Male
Pboro Trevor  Male  Cambridgeshire
22-Nov-2020 11:18 Message #4798627
Good morning Twinkle and all Sunday Huggers

Also late on parade this morning as we were up late having a film binge - The Martian and The Secret Garden

Woken up to a lovely sunny day, so after a leisurely brunch I will be out in the garden for much of today.

Hugs to all

Trevor
Female
Sea  Female  Essex
22-Nov-2020 14:31 Message #4798646
Good afternoon Twinkle and all Sunday Huggers.
A lovely day here today and woke early and went for a swim in the sea before breakfast. The swims before breakfast are getting a little later though, as waiting for it to warm up a bit, as can be a little cool first thing. 8 o'clock was about right though, as sun a little higher in the sky. Later I went for a lovely walk along the coast and back and another swim. Yesterday I walked up to the old town and thought everything would be shut but lots of high class gift shops open, the ones that sell more individual home made/crafted items and pottery and the like. Apparently small shops and food shops can stay open. The trouble is not many people know and I seemed to be the only one browsing, as hardly anybody else around. A lot more on the coast today though, as many locals come out to explore on Sundays. Apart from the sailing club lockdown isn't really effecting me and I don't mind the curfew and being in from 8pm, as would rarely be out after that time anyway.
Hope everyone having a lovely Sunday.
Sending very warm (((Hugs))) from me.
Male
contender  Male  Leicestershire
22-Nov-2020 14:56 Message #4798650
Well here it was a very nice day, although with some wind chill.

So went out for that long walk, through to the far end on the village across some fields, and followed a route that I hadn't been up before and decided to return as it looked rather boggy. Then up to some barns for a look see, and finally back to the main road. Then 100 yards towards the village, the council have made an improvement to the start of the walk about the Wood Yard.

So totals steps for today is 6721.

Mike
Female
22-Nov-2020 18:51 Message #4798665
Hello contender,

Your shelving rack sounds very useful.

I missed the last green bin before next year but haven't got much in mine. I did manage to dig up some creeping buttercup but the ground is really heavy now and every time I dug into the earth I was hitting big stones. I have cut down the runner beans and tomato plants though.

I find if I'm over tired then I feel cold. It was chilly today so nice to see the sunshine for a short while but at least there was no wid. I hope you enjoyed your walk.

Stay safe (((HUGS)))
Female
22-Nov-2020 18:53 Message #4798666
Hello Keithagain,

No it's not a race. I haven't even thought about doing anything to the lawn. There aren't many leaves in my garden, they must have blown away.

Stay safe (((HUGS)))
Female
22-Nov-2020 18:55 Message #4798667
Keithagain your raised beds aren't as wide as I thought they'd be but they look very nice :)
Female
22-Nov-2020 18:59 Message #4798668
Hello leogirl,

I didn't get up at 6.20am but rolled over and went back to sleep. Gardening seems to be a theme today. So nice that it was actually a dry day.

Lamb tagine sounds lovely. I had sirloin steak with peppercorn sauce last night as I noticed it in Sainsburys - two steaks and the sauce for £4. I had mine with oven chips and peas. I'll probably have the other one tomorrow night but they can also be frozen.

I think you'll be okay for Christmas leogirl.

Stay safe (((HUGS)))
Female
22-Nov-2020 19:01 Message #4798669
Hello Pboro Trevor,

The Secret Garden is a lovely film. I don't think I've seen the Martian. Another person out in the garden. We have to take the chance while we can.

Stay safe (((HUGS)))
Female
22-Nov-2020 19:03 Message #4798670
Hello Sea,

It sounds like you're really enjoying your relaxation. I'm surprised gift shops are open. I'm not familiar with Paphos as I only visited for a day and half of that was spent at the excavations.

Stay safe (((HUGS)))
Female
Victoriana11  Female  Buckinghamshire
22-Nov-2020 20:17 Message #4798675
Belated (((hugs))) Twinks and fellow Huggers.

I was up at 6.30am today, so we had a lay in. Its usually 5-5,15am. Its the best time of the day in the early morning. I put a chicken casserole in the slo-cooker and while it was cooking, we went over to the house. Wellies were the order of the day, it still looks like a bomb site outside there. The upstairs window frames went in on Friday, and we are going to collect the oak framed porch tomorrow, down on the S coast. The floor insulation is being done this week, and hopefully the outside rendering. All the work and noise there isnt putting of the deer, which pleases me.
I went to Aldi at mid-day , I usually go about once a fortnight but needed some things. It was packed with people...... I felt quite uncomfortable and did the shopping in record time. I dont like going to the shops at all now. Does anyone else feel this way, I wonder.

Have a good week everyone & stay safe. (((hugs)))

V xx

Male
AndyMacG  Male  the West Midlands
22-Nov-2020 20:46 Message #4798681
Good evening Twinkle and all the Sunday huggers,

Blooming heck its been freezing cold all day here in the West Midlands.

I nearly missed the hug thread again today being as the way things are going not much is changing from week to week its just the same old same old, can’t even cut my grass and i’m not well enough to do any digging :(

Sorry for sounding a bit negative but its just how i’m feeling just recently :(

Have a lovely week ahead everyone, remember keep your wits about you and stay safe.

Sunday hugs to you all :)

(((Hugs))) (((Hugs))) )))Hugs((( (((Hugs))) (((Hugs)))

Andy Mac
Female
23-Nov-2020 18:31 Message #4798770
Hello Victoriana11,

Chicken casserole sounds good. Just what you need when the weather is on the chilly side. If window frames are going in it won't be very long before its weather tight. Will they be able to render with this frosty weather?

I do my shopping weekly but am in and out reasonably quickly. I haven't been into town for a while now and tend to avoid that. You can look on line and check when the busiest times are with most food stores.

Stay safe and warm (((HUGS)))
Female
23-Nov-2020 18:34 Message #4798771
Hello AndyMacG,

It it blooming cold and colder this morning. There was quite a hard frost on the car brrr!

It's getting past cutting grass time now isn't it? How do you fill your days? Do you read or do crossword puzzles or jigsaws?

We all feel negative at times and in lockdown it can be harder to pick yourself up without 1-2-1 contact. Hopefully you'll be able to meet family at Christmas which will help.

Stay safe and warm (((HUGS)))

Help with conversations