Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Dosh

got any ?

Male
zodiac1  Male  Flintshire
20-Nov-2020 10:24 Message #4798433
It has been stated that this country is now 2.3 trillion in debt and that it is more than the country is worth.

So if you have a spare couple of trillion, you could do a deal to buy the UK outright.
Male
Hierophant  Male  East Anglia
20-Nov-2020 10:40 Message #4798435
Ha ha and public service workers, of which I'm one, are up in arms because they might have a pay freeze.
Our precious NHS is probably exempt mind you, despite being shut to most people for the last 8 months.
A family member had cancer treatment back in early summer and the follow-up "aftercare" has been atrocious, almost to the point of being negligent.
I actually wonder if this is the moment where we start to realise we can't afford the NHS....
Male
brisinger-the-beekeeper  Male  Lancashire
20-Nov-2020 13:16 Message #4798455
Anyone who is only on a pay freeze should count themselves lucky. I was speaking to my Brother the other day and they've had to have a 10% pay cut.
Male
MrQuiet  Male  Northamptonshire
20-Nov-2020 13:26 Message #4798456
In the preset climate a pay freeze is a good result.
Male
Kimjongun  Male  South Yorkshire
20-Nov-2020 18:13 Message #4798478
They still have a job, unlike many.
But a lot of airline pilots and other trades, out of work, but still paid 80% wages.
They must be most expensive unemployed ever?
When the shit hits the fan, everybody duck!
Male
BOYDEL  Male  Surrey
20-Nov-2020 18:55 Message #4798491
Govts borrow quite cheaply over many decades usually - so in interim only have to repay a small amount each year - and in part also inflation will over time reduce the real cost of future repayments.

Overall the cost of Covid will be on the shoulders of many future generations.
Male
tumbled  Male  Gloucestershire
20-Nov-2020 19:13 Message #4798492
Every country in the world is borrowing billions and trillions due to this virus thing......Who are they borrowing it from?.....

A snidy little loan shark.....God.....

He created the virus.....and is now raking it in.....

If we don't pay him back by next tuesday.....he'll send the heavies in......
Female
BlinkinLights  Female  South Yorkshire
22-Nov-2020 00:28 Message #4798591
Well I decided to do Euromilliona last week (for the very first time - I just felt lucky, punk) and I've got three numbers up, not cashed it in yetbut think I only get a fiver ... so dont come round asking for dosh from me ;-)
Male
AndyMacG  Male  the West Midlands
22-Nov-2020 20:28 Message #4798678
Well, one thing is for sure we won't have to pay the usual EU subscription fees anymore so that’ll save a few quid ;-) lol

Andy Mac

Help with conversations