Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

How you feeling today?

Male
terry  Male  West Yorkshire
13-Nov-2020 06:26 Message #4797760
Seems like people have been getting a bit stressed over the past few months so just thought I'd ask how you're feeling today? ready for a good day ahead/not so good day ahead?
Male
Templar2013  Male  South East London
13-Nov-2020 07:39 Message #4797764
You're up early terry. I've found the Americans to be the most stressed of people with their private psychiatrists and analysts but we are heading the same way.

I'm many ways the past few months have been less stressful as I've had more time to go for walks and I've found many new friends while walking or sitting outdoors with a coffee.

So I'm feeling good and looking forward to a good day even if it is Friday 13th! How are you terry?
Female
Molly  Female  Essex
13-Nov-2020 08:57 Message #4797765
I'm not superstitious but Friday 14th still makes me a bit uneasy. It's a nippy morning, overcast and a bit drizzly but I'm feeling positive.
Female
Molly  Female  Essex
13-Nov-2020 08:58 Message #4797766
That should be Friday 13th not sure how I did that.
Male
tumbled  Male  Gloucestershire
13-Nov-2020 09:11 Message #4797768
You didn't do it molly.....Something forced it.....

It's happening to me as well....I'm trying to write Friday 14th.....and it's actually coming out Friday 14th.....instead of Friday 14th......

It won't let me put Friday 14th.....It just keeps putting Friday 14th.....

Spooky....
Male
persona_non_grata  Male  North London
13-Nov-2020 10:03 Message #4797776
That is spooky lol..

I'm in good humour at the moment but the day is young. I'm driving into London shortly and not feeling the usual trepidation of heavy traffic and frustration as I went up Wednesday at this time and the M1 was as quiet as an average A-road and London itself had no more that half its usual traffic.
Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd
13-Nov-2020 10:15 Message #4797778
Why does friday 13th make people edgy?

I'm feeling better today after having a bit of a health emergency yesterday, but I still feel tired and worried that if I have to go into hospital that dogs won't be walked and Mummyhen will be left to pick up the pieces
Male
Beach  Male  Dorset
13-Nov-2020 10:17 Message #4797779
Aww. How cute.

Do you think the site bypasses the number thirteen because it has been given some kind of superstitious type extension in its code OR might it be browser based and depend upon which browser a person uses?

I'll type the number using my Firefox browser and see.

13th
Male
Beach  Male  Dorset
13-Nov-2020 10:18 Message #4797780
Chrome browser.

13th
Female
JustLyn  Female  Cheshire
13-Nov-2020 10:22 Message #4797781
Hope you're OK WH. Nothing serious I hope.

I'm off on a 5 mile walk, dogless, as daughter has her own plans with her this afternoon so B and I are meeting to explore the hopefully not too litter stroon canal towpath heading into Manchester.

I'm determined to call the Fallowfield Loop the Fallopian Tube, where our cars will meet at a place called Debdale Park, then walk North to the Ashton Canal at Fairfield, then West to a "hope we don't miss it" left turning back through a rural strip back to the cars.
Male
Beach  Male  Dorset
13-Nov-2020 10:23 Message #4797783
Edge browser.

13th

Mmmmhh. Everything seems fine so either Tumbled is being mischievous or I'm falling for a scam to address a post with various different browsers - perhaps until the right one attempts to attack my machine?
Female
13-Nov-2020 10:26 Message #4797784
Nobody knows Lyn, if I disapear for a few days it will be because I'm in hospital, hopefully the antibiotics will clear it up and I won't end up reacting badly to these ones as I did the last lot. Is it common if you react badly to a medication for it not to work?

As its a fairly nice day I'm going to wrap up warm and take Fearn for a nice run.
Female
LadyVera  Female  Cumbria
13-Nov-2020 11:41 Message #4797788
I'm feeling good. Weather looks fine. Off to the garden centre.
Female
Victoriana11  Female  Buckinghamshire
13-Nov-2020 11:47 Message #4797790
Hope you are coping WH. Sometimes if an AB doesnt agree , then I dont think it work be working anyway. I have had AB's in the past which I've been allergic to (Septrin was one) but it doesnt mean the others wll have the same effect. I think its jjust finding the ight medication for the job that is the problem. I know that doesnt help the person with the ailment though.
Take care WH and ((hugs)). Try not to worry & I hope you soon get over it.
V x

Female
leogirl  Female  Essex
13-Nov-2020 14:55 Message #4797798
feeling listless , no energy.
will not let it beat me and shall do a bit more work in the garden pruning. Off I go.... snip snip snip…
keep well everyone ! nothing last forever .

Leogirl.
Female
JustLyn  Female  Cheshire
13-Nov-2020 16:44 Message #4797806
Is it common if you react badly to a medication for it not to work?

Don't think so. I'm always suspicious of antibiotics being automatically prescribed without some form of test to know if you need one, have a treatable infection. I used to get results from the lab that stated either resistant to the bug or will work to see the bug off.
Male
persona_non_grata  Male  North London
13-Nov-2020 16:45 Message #4797807
I'm still feeling good. Had a quiet drive into London and spent couple of hours on a business meeting and then back. It was still early so I picked my daughter up and we went for a coffee and pinini in Cafe Nero .. or to be accurate we bought them in Cafe Nero, having a good chat and a laugh with the lady serving, and consumed them sat on a bench by the river.
Female
13-Nov-2020 19:01 Message #4797821
Thanks for all your good wishes, I had quite a bad UTI which I was tested for and the test was positive both times. Its always a problem with UTI's do you treat it early or wait for further testing and risk it becoming a kidney infection?

Had a lovely walk with Fearn earlier then again with Fearn and Monty and their friends, Fearn is now so tired she didn't wake up to try and eat the cats dinner. Its so funny watching her and her friend Gracie, who's the same size and mix as her playing together, they race, box and wrestle, us humans try to stop the boxing and wrestling, but the dogs keep going back for more so unless it gets to rough we let them get on with it. Its good for both of them as they meet so few other dogs who are as fast as them, so they really have a good race about together.
Male
13-Nov-2020 21:48 Message #4797833
Am not bad Mr Templar, thanks; had my flu jab today so the arm's a bit sore, and think I've managed to send all the right emails to the right people with the right information so now am soon off to bed ready for a walk up Blackstone Edge tomorrow.
Female
NoSaint  Female  Devon
13-Nov-2020 22:25 Message #4797838
Hoping for good weather terry.
Male
14-Nov-2020 16:13 Message #4797888
Thank you NoSaint, it turned out interesting, started very misty and damp then became clear with very low cloud and throughout the whole day, wind and intermittent showers. Seven mile walk, I'm now well tired and achey feet. We couldn't work out whether the stones were from an age old quarry or whether the area was a natural rock formation.

Hope your day was good?
Male
FirmButFair-TrollPatrol  Male  North Yorkshire
17-Nov-2020 15:37 Message #4798167
My days have become very similar to each other with coffee shops and restaurants closed and unable to visit friends or relatives but still quite enjoyable. Often life is what you make it.
Female
Gilpin  Female  Middlesex
19-Nov-2020 10:45 Message #4798319
I agree Patrol. It's a new life experience, savour the difference and appreciate the freedom to follow, nothing lasts forever. I tend to like having the idea that the human race has been halted from running all over the planet and nature is benefiting.

Help with conversations