Conversation Society, News and Sport
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

US election

Who won?

1 2 3 4 5 Next   Last  

Male
Kimjongun  Male  South Yorkshire
4-Nov-2020 17:55 Message #4796778
I look this morning, too close to call.
The news item I like was about China.
They happy with Trump, cos he make their government look competent.

Guess China happy whoever wins.
Male
GBH  Male  East Anglia
4-Nov-2020 17:58 Message #4796779
Putin.
Male
Hierophant  Male  East Anglia
4-Nov-2020 17:59 Message #4796780
Sleepy Joe limp over line
Dems say it be landslide, more like whimper
Biden funny old man like Corbyn....
Female
wonderoushen  Female  Gwynedd
4-Nov-2020 18:41 Message #4796789
Looks like its still unknown and propably won't be for some time, Trumps already saying he wants recounts and the courts involved, I bet he won't want a recount if its marginally in hs favour!
Male
tumbled  Male  Gloucestershire
4-Nov-2020 19:35 Message #4796796
It's taking ages.....I know there's a lot of them and all that.....but I'm sitting here waiting.....

Is The Trump vote biden it's time............or will Biden trump him?
Female
Gilpin  Female  Middlesex
4-Nov-2020 21:01 Message #4796804
I doubt Putin will be happy. And I don't think Britain will have reason to be happy. N. Korea will be off with its missile testing again, and the swamp habitat will rejuvenate. If Biden wins.
Female
Aely  Female  Hampshire
4-Nov-2020 21:20 Message #4796807
Biden has just made a speech. Unlike Trump last night he hasn't declared a victory but it looks like that's the way it will be. Must say I am relieved, for the state of the world., even if it makes a trade deal more difficult.

Expect Trump to start throwing toys out of pram...
Male
4-Nov-2020 21:24 Message #4796808
God he is so dull.
Okay he's probably tired, but he has absolutely no get up and go....
Female
Gilpin  Female  Middlesex
4-Nov-2020 21:40 Message #4796810
I thought Biden had a defeated look about him, he had no enthusiasm. When he's apparently doing so well. I'm afraid I turned him off, it's hard to keep up with what he is saying without drifting off. He's not a good speaker.

Pennsylvania is a pretty good stronghold of Trump, I cannot understand why it should suddenly be going towards Biden.
Female
Aely  Female  Hampshire
4-Nov-2020 22:18 Message #4796813
I imagine he hasn't got much sleep over the past 24 hours.
Female
Andromeda  Female  Berkshire
4-Nov-2020 22:39 Message #4796817
Everything points to a lot of fraud in the US election whoever scrapes through first.
Male
Maglorian  Male  North Yorkshire
4-Nov-2020 22:40 Message #4796818
BREAKING
Away from the litigation, Murdoch Fox News calls both Michigan & Arizona for Biden, giving Biden 264 - one state from victory (Nevada, Georgia, N. Carolina or Pennsylvania).
Female
The_Jewess_Rebecca  Female  Herefordshire
4-Nov-2020 22:41 Message #4796819
From the entire pool of talent in the USA, they ended up with a choice between a serial liar and a text book narcissist with signs of incipient dementia -no doubt both bought and paid for - but whatever, isn't Trump trying to stop ballots being counted and isn't that in itself kind of corrupt? Isn't he effectively trying to disenfranchise the voting public because he thinks the results won't go his way? I've no doubt the Dems would cheat if they could but unless there's a nationwide conspiracy involving election officials to falsify results or bin Trump's ballots, the numbers speak for themselves don't they?

As Marina Hyde put it, it would have been nice if at least one of them hadn't been accused of sexual assault, but it appears that being a vicious fascist, racist, dishonest, a sexual predator and completely corrupt is no more impediment to being President of the United States of America than it is UK Prime Minister. Given that, between them, the US, Brazil and Australia are destroying the planet, I'm currently failing to see how another four years of either of them represents good news. I do find it incredible that Donald Trump got enough votes to fill a top hat but then again Boris Johnson...
Female
4-Nov-2020 22:44 Message #4796820
I thought Georgia, along with all the other redneck states, had been been called for Trump ages ago.

Female
Greencare  Female  Berkshire
4-Nov-2020 22:49 Message #4796821
The Americans have achieved sonething I would have thought impossible. They managed to find someone to run for President who is probably even worse than Trump. It's frightening to think that these two men are America's choices for presidency,
Male
Kimjongun  Male  South Yorkshire
4-Nov-2020 23:04 Message #4796822
Have they done it yet?
Male
4-Nov-2020 23:33 Message #4796823
94% of the vote in in Georgia Rebecca. So still to call
Male
5-Nov-2020 00:25 Message #4796824
It's Game over for trump. Johnston will be removed as PM by the 1922 committee, before Inauguration Day on January 20th. Biden and Brexit is a whole new ball game. Johno's a busted flush and damaged goods now. He moulded his game on trump and has left himself type cast. When an orange divider and hater falls on his butt in America; a narcissist liar and clown, loses his crown in Uxbridge. The ripple effect begins.
Male
HotOrWot  Male  Lancashire
5-Nov-2020 07:31 Message #4796825
The Americans have achieved something I would have thought impossible. They managed to find someone to run for President who is probably even worse than Trump. It's frightening to think that these two men are America's choices for presidency

Frightening and worrying,
Male
5-Nov-2020 07:39 Message #4796831
"I do find it incredible that Donald Trump got enough votes to fill a top hat but then again Boris Johnson..."

And that's what I love about elections, the people do what they want, not what the media and pollsters tell them to.
The media have been shocking again and as for the pollsters, they are a complete waste of space.
The Dems, the media and the pollsters were expecting a landslide, Biden was going to eliminate Trump in a blast of wokeness, when in fact it looks like he will limp to victory.

Despite all the BLM riots, covid and people constantly being told Trump's a racist misogynist, the people voted for him in their millions.
The Dems have won but they've messed up too, Biden has just squeaked through and now he has to pick up the poisoned chalice of covid and the economic disaster. He'll lockdown and trash the economy like Boris and the American people won't like that.
The Congress and Senate will hold him back, so he'll be a do nothing President like Obama.
Biden won't be in a fit state to stand for re-election in four years time, I doubt he'll last this one. Hopefully, the economy will be on the up by then, but he and the Dems won't benefit from it because he'll be totally gaga.
It was such a shortsighted plan going with Biden, all they wanted was to blow Trump away and get someone, anybody, in the White House.
They believed their own nonsense about Trump and didn't look beyond the end of their noses...
Female
5-Nov-2020 08:25 Message #4796841
#IHaveWonPennsylvania is hilariously trending on Twitter
Female
5-Nov-2020 08:26 Message #4796842
Hierophant the people did exactly what the media told them, like they did here.
Male
CircusMaximus  Male  North Yorkshire
5-Nov-2020 08:37 Message #4796843
The media must have some influence but the years of media vilification of Trump didn't have the impact one would have expected. Trump's support remained very strong and whatever the result his support remains strong today.
Male
tumbled  Male  Gloucestershire
5-Nov-2020 08:48 Message #4796845
It certainly seems close.....In some of the ones still to count....Trump is a bit up in some....Biden is a bit up in others.....a small percent still to be counted.....

It looks like Biden......but there's still a few Trumps to be added on....
Male
persona_non_grata  Male  North London
5-Nov-2020 08:52 Message #4796847
Could be some time before we see the results. It's more complex than uk elections and has previously taken weeks I believe.

1 2 3 4 5 Next   Last  

Help with conversations