Conversation The Common Room
Helper icon Helpers: Chris2mates , LLstill , PrincessFruitBat

About us

Midsummer's Eve is a free online dating community - based around friendship, real meetups, real people, and real relationships. We've been online since 1999 and have twice won Radio 2's Web Site of the Day award. So why not join us for free and join in the discussion?

Sunday Hugs

Come and get them

Female
twinkle2  Female  Hertfordshire
18-Oct-2020 09:09 Message #4795424
Good morning fellow huggers,

I hope you've all had a good week. So what are the plans for today? I have my son and grandchild coming at some point so he can go off for his bike ride. He belongs to a mental health bike riding group although it's rare that they meet as it's mostly online due to them being all over the country. He finds it helpful so that's the main thing.

At the moment it's very still outside, overcast but bright. The once green trees in front of me are now a beautiful autumnal yellow. Don't forget that the clocks go back next Sunday so an extra hour's lie in for some.

Have a good week, stay warm, dry and most importantly safe (((HUGS))) (((HUGS)))
Male
Keithagain  Male  South Yorkshire
18-Oct-2020 09:33 Message #4795433
Good morning Twinkles and all Sunday huggers...

It`s been grey these last few mornings. Today I went down Brockholes Lane which becomes the pedestrian entrance to Yorkshire Wildlife Park. I went as far as the farm house, and that was far enough with my stick. I might go further with my scooter in future. I didn`t see any animals, but the trees were autumnal!
My brother is decorating my spare bedroom, and it looks good! I might move in there. My bedroom has a view to the back, whereas the spare bedroom has a different view of the back plus a small window view of the side or front...and it`s freshly decorated!

Hugs hugs hugs
Male
contender  Male  Leicestershire
18-Oct-2020 09:56 Message #4795437
Morning Twinkle, + Fellow Huggers

Well today there is no wind at home and according to the forecast not a lot at the Sailing Club? So major decision to be made do I bother to go sailing or not?

Probably not, but then again it is a social event, and thereby meet some friends there?

On a lighter note I put a feeler out for a Mk 4 Blaze, and had a couple of guys offer to make their boats available to me? However in checking with the builder found they where offering £2000 discount on a new boat - so have placed an order? The downside is I won't see my new boat until perhaps April next year?

Mike
(((Hugs to ALL)))
Female
Victoriana11  Female  Buckinghamshire
18-Oct-2020 11:57 Message #4795455
Morning huggers, Hope you all had a good week

We are still in the midst of the refurb..... getting me down a bit as there is so much dirt and rubbish (which I hate) .Have been busy this week making apple cake/pies and crumbles for the freezer. Have managed to get a load of super apples from the top of the big tree that came down across the sand school. Its a right mess as its blocks the entrances to the sand school as well .For an apple tree, its very big and extra tall ( or was). Found out why it came down - ants have eaten right thru the base section which is over 3' round. There were also woodpecker nests inside the middle section too. A lot of woodpeckers round here as well.

Take care everyone and stay safe
V (((hugs))) xxx
Male
Pboro Trevor  Male  Cambridgeshire
18-Oct-2020 12:01 Message #4795459
Good morning Twinkle and all Sunday Huggers

Spent yesterday with my son in Nuneaton as we had a sofa bed to deliver to him, a freebie courtesy of a friend.

Had an excellent curry in a new restaurant there.

Hugs to all

Trevor
Female
leogirl  Female  Essex
18-Oct-2020 12:40 Message #4795463
hello Twinkle and all Sunday huggers . {{{HUGS}}} to you all.

Busy today. Was up early to train myself in preparation to the clock-change to catch every sunray I can to ward off the SAD and the boredom of being in tier 2 in the lock-down.
this morning an early walk in the fields . this afternoon I shall make some 15 plus home made hamburgers for the freezer so that I have some easy to cook lean meat at all times.

Now I am going to sing Happy Birthday to my 4 year old great niece via my video Portal . Such a great way to stay in contact with the family and friends in the Netherlands .

This lunch time I shall have a takeaway Sunday roast from the pub.
stay safe and look after yourselves

Leogirl
Male
AndyMacG  Male  the West Midlands
18-Oct-2020 16:33 Message #4795488
Good evening Twinkle and all the Sunday huggers.

Its been a grey cold day here in the WestMidlands, no rain as yet but its in the mix somewhere, lol

Well, i said we’ed be in lockdown for Christmas months ago when we were having masses on the beaches and rioting on our streets by those folk who this pandemic doesn’t apply too, those of us with the F-you i’m ok jack attitudes and then our leaders with the do as i say not as i do attitude we are all going to suffer and 2021 wont be much different especially with the no deal Brexit … thank god Labour didn’t get in at least we can blame the Tories for it, Ha ha ha

Have a lovely day and week ahead everyone but remember keep your wits about you and stay safe.

Sunday hugs to you all :)

(((Hugs))) (((Hugs))) )))Hugs((( (((Hugs))) (((Hugs)))

Andy Mac
Female
Sea  Female  Essex
18-Oct-2020 17:41 Message #4795498
Good Evening Twinkle and all Sunday Huggers.
Rather a grey day here today, although fairly mild when out. I did venture for a walk and picked a few blackberries; not so many around now. Other than that, just sorting out things and tidying up etc. Getting a bit fed up with lockdown now, as if I wish to meet with my daughters together. we have to sit outside in the rain under a brolly. As a single person I can form a support bubble though. Lucky not good at counting, as am going to have three support bubbles, so as to meet with each of my daughters on separate occasions. You are allowed trades people, so could always become a cleaner, plumber or electrician perhaps? : -) Just makes me mad when you see all these protesters led by Corbyns brother etc. ensuring the virus will continue to infect and spread amd thus prevent me meeting up with family. At this rate we will all turn into hermits. Ah well...hope everyone having a good Sunday despite restrictions.

Sending very warm (((Hugs))) from me.

(((Hugs))) (((Hugs))) (((Hugs)))
Female
19-Oct-2020 19:35 Message #4795578
Hello Keithagain,

It's good to hear you're still getting out and about :) The trees are spectacular especially the ones with red leaves.

Perhaps if you move into the newly decorated spare room your brother might redecorate your bedroom?

Have a good week. Stay safe (((HUGS)))
Female
19-Oct-2020 19:37 Message #4795580
Hello contender,

At this rate does it matter if you won't see your new boat until April? The wind might have picked up by then and we may be out and about a bit more? It's good that you have fellow sailor friends at the Sailing Club.

Have a good week. Stay safe. (((HUGS)))
Female
19-Oct-2020 19:40 Message #4795581
Hello Victoriana11,

Dirt and rubbish can't be avoided when it's a major refurb, even a small one generates dust and rubbish :( So glad that the apples haven't gone to waste. Have you tried making your own apple juice? It sounds like the apple tree was home to many and will be missed :(

Have a good week. Each week is a week closer to moving in :) Stay safe (((HUGS)))
Female
19-Oct-2020 19:41 Message #4795582
Hello Pboro Trevor,

People are so generous when young people are first starting off by themselves. A nice gesture by your friend. Glad you enjoyed your curry :)

Female
19-Oct-2020 19:45 Message #4795583
Hello leogirl,

At the least the clocks go back at the weekend. I hate the darker mornings and evenings :( It sounds as if you're embracing your imposed lockdown and making the most of the time.

The wonders of the web ensure we're never fully alone. I hope your great niece enjoyed your singing and had a Happy Birthday.

Now you're making me feel hungry talking about takeaway roasts as I haven't eaten yet. I hope you enjoyed it.

Female
19-Oct-2020 19:47 Message #4795585
Hello AndyMacG,

Are you in lockdown yet or just edging that way? We have had bubbles broken in a secondary school this morning. With the shorter days there will be less Vitamin D so more important to get out for a while.

Female
19-Oct-2020 19:51 Message #4795587
Hello Sea,

I have blackberries aplenty in my freezer. I might be jam making again next week, just need to buy some more sugar. Apparently my jam is delicious :) Shall I save you a small jar?

Like leogirl if you're at home you've gone into a higher lockdown. I just worry about the apparent lack of commonsense. Even in the higher lockdown areas so many people were walking around without masks. Surely they can't all be exempt?

Help with conversations